Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
Thats a cool idea. Like a sports bar with removable top similar to the Wranglers cab.
Exactly. I'm confused as to why this isn't a thing already. :)
Sponsored

jeepguy225

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator JTR, '04 Rubicon (past: 04 TJR, 79 and 84' CJ-7)
Occupation
Buyer of Jeep parts
Vehicle Showcase
Intention: take my family on The Bucket List vacations I've saved for the continental US.

I've traveled overseas a lot in my life but there's so many places that I want to see you in America, Zion, Moab, Havasu Falls, Grand Canyon, Etc. I saved those because I know traveling to those will be easier with kids in tow than traveling to Ecuador. Hopefully it'll be a good way to spark a desire for off-roading and Shadetree mechanicing in my kids
Ecuador? If you go there is a company that will rent you a JK sport to cruise the mountains in, as well as, motorcycles. Ecuador Freedom Bike Rental. I haven't used them as I have a jeep down there already, but I hear they are top notch, full service.

Wraith

First Name
Wraith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU my 19th Jeep
@Vegas_Sirk bingo, I couldn't agree more. I was eagerly awaiting the AEV JL products to be revealed and I think they did a fantastic job overall. I am pretty much sold on them for the JT. Your base camp points are exactly the same as mine although for different reasons. Really excited to start seeing our growing community get creative with this new platform.

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
I was fortunate to go to Botswana for a few weeks earlier this year.

We rented a Toyota 79 Series Land Cruiser that was outfitted with an Alu-Cab back with an Ezi-Awn RTT and it was a perfect.
I think Alu-Cab is already available in the US ..

Here is a link to the site explaining the layout...

https://bushlore.com/toyota-land-cruiser-79-4x4-camper-cruc2/

Here's a picture of us crossing one of many small creeks..

IMG_0818.JPG

Wraith

First Name
Wraith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU my 19th Jeep
Smlobx that sounds like an awesome time. Alu-Cab has some of their products on OK4WD here and their USA social media page here. Awesome products and I hope to see some stuff for the JT from them.

Sponsored

mfran12345

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport
This picture is posted in another thread but thought I would bring it over. This is very close to something that I have been thinking about.

JT Bed Rack.jpg
That would be a nice setup. I can’t wait to see all the aftermarket stuff they will come up with.

jeepinjon

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JK
This picture is posted in another thread but thought I would bring it over. This is very close to something that I have been thinking about.

JT Bed Rack.jpg
I think that is Ben Hendrick's Brute. I like the setup, but I really would like a rear bed rack like that that is height adjustable. A while ago AEV did a Ram with a RTT, and they positioned the bed rack so the top of the RTT when closed was even with the top of the cab. I think that would be an ideal setup.

2015-sema-show-monday-aev-ram-2500.jpg

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
I think that is Ben Hendrick's Brute. I like the setup, but I really would like a rear bed rack like that that is height adjustable. A while ago AEV did a Ram with a RTT, and they positioned the bed rack so the top of the RTT when closed was even with the top of the cab. I think that would be an ideal setup.

A lot of the bed rack companies for RTT are doing that now where the height is set so when the tent is on its at the cab heigh and keep the center of gravity lower.

camodog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Living in the Rockies, my plans are more about protection than other parts of the country.
JT Rubicon with ~3” king lift
AEV Front and Rear Bumper with Winch
Min 37”s upgrade as needed for Breakover angles
Appropriate skid-slider protection where needed.
Dual batteries
Alu-cab Khaya slide in or similar camper.
Can’t wait to see the slide in camper options.
Cab-pass through would be a huge plus.
Nothing to blingy just like my 4Runner build.

Sponsored

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
Smlobx that sounds like an awesome time. Alu-Cab has some of their products on OK4WD here and their USA social media page here. Awesome products and I hope to see some stuff for the JT from them.
I agree.
There stuff is not cheap but it is very well built.

Jeep_VB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 LE Gladiator, 22 Grand Wagoneer S1

I agree with you 100% I would like to modify parts of it as well, but I like the concept.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
I saw this beast leaving Menards during lunch. I know its not Jeep nor truck, but thought it was cool and don't see much like this in Wisconsin.
I think its some kind of Mercedes Winnebago thing. Maybe Mercedes owns Winnebago now.....
overlanding.jpg

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
Yea those Vans are awesome. I have been looking at the Sprinters as well. But to get a 4WD one the base price is $50K before any build out.

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
Great thread. I've been thinking this also.

So I'm just treating it like old fashioned car camping.

Need stuff, food, sleep area, and the go bag always in the jeep.

For stuff, I do want a shell. Maybe go retro and see what looks like the original factory shell for the original gladiator. Could be a pop top. I like that folding contraption too, except doesn't lock. More research.

For sleep, use the cab. Got a/c and heat, tinted windows, my installed bench seat folded flat might make the actual cabin into sleeping quarters. Need to check the measurements but I think the cab is bigger than the bed?

For food, mobile fridge.

See ya fellers, I'm already gone!
Sponsored