Overland Pros Wraptor 6K awning on Pioneer Platform

Ranger1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon Unlimited 2019
Long shot, but has anyone here put an Overland Pros Wraptor 6k on a Rhino rack Pioneer Platform?

I just ordered one today, and the owner of the company mentioned I will need to strap 2 of the platform panels together to strengthen them. Apparently I might notice the rack bend a little as I deploy the awning. This will be a fairly simple fix, just need a steel bracket to fit across 2 panels, and use nuts to hold them together. Trying to find something pre made online before I have to Macgyver it.

Will be a worthwhile upgrade from my current awning, which works well to be fair

Jeep Wrangler JL Overland Pros Wraptor 6K awning on Pioneer Platform 1684212377058
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ranger1

Ranger1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon Unlimited 2019
Problem solved. So in case anyone else runs into the same issue. Or want a more secure bracket for your awning on a Pioneer Platform, check these out. Got them from Australia, they arrived in 10 days, and they feel very solid and capable……

https://www.kaon.com.au/270-degree-awning-bracket-kit

Jeep Wrangler JL Overland Pros Wraptor 6K awning on Pioneer Platform 1685495752880

Jeep Wrangler JL Overland Pros Wraptor 6K awning on Pioneer Platform 1685496245311