Sargeoverland

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 jlu
September 24-26 is the date
a buddy of mine is starting his around the continent tour in his tacoma but is making the stop here in the valley and we are gonna go camp “glamp” up there. Anyone interested in joining for camping or atleast cruising up to flag?
Sponsored

jhackathorne

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR
Thanks for posting. I won't be going to the West, but Mountain West yes. Was sad last year when it was cancelled!

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
I will be at Overland EXPO West with another friend of mine. His wife and my wife will fly in and join us also. Overland Expo is one day after my wife retires. We will be driving in from Michigan and camping at the Expo for the weekend. I plan to do some wheeling on my way down so I will leave a week or so early. I just have to be in Flagstaff to get the girls off the plane on Sept 23.

Look for this set up there. The Jeep is hard to miss as it has "Team Wiborn" on the back window.
Jeep Wrangler JL Overland expo west 1626347468195

OP
OP
Sargeoverland

Sargeoverland

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 jlu
I will be at Overland EXPO West with another friend of mine. His wife and my wife will fly in and join us also. Overland Expo is one day after my wife retires. We will be driving in from Michigan and camping at the Expo for the weekend. I plan to do some wheeling on my way down so I will leave a week or so early. I just have to be in Flagstaff to get the girls off the plane on Sept 23.

Look for this set up there. The Jeep is hard to miss as it has "Team Wiborn" on the back window.
Jeep Wrangler JL Overland expo west 1626347468195
I wanted to bring my trailer but it’s over 13 feet and they won’t allow my 20 footer lol. Guess my needs of a bathroom and ac are too much for them.

uawho

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR Hella Yella
Occupation
Civil engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Just signed up for Overland Expo West as well. We'll be "camping" onsite with our Mean Bean tear drop.

Looking forward to seeing you guys there.

Jeep Wrangler JL Overland expo west 20201114_173417

Sponsored

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Well my bud backed out of going to Overland Expo West. When the rubber hit the road and he realized just how far it was from home, it was a big no. It is four days of driving each way.... eight days on the road and he is only able to stay for the Friday and Saturday. It was just to much driving and the expense was just to much for him. I was only going because he was going. After all I will be in the Arizona area January through March of 2022.

Still bummed about it.

uawho

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR Hella Yella
Occupation
Civil engineer
Vehicle Showcase
That sucks. I'm still gonna have a good time though.
I'll drink a beer for you!

Nimec

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUD Willys, 2018 Colorado ZR2 2.8L
I'll be heading up there, but I will probably be in the truck as opposed to the jeep.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
That sucks. I'm still gonna have a good time though.
I'll drink a beer for you!
Do that. I want to make it to an overland expo, but it is kind of silly to drive all the way to Arizona from Michigan and not have the chance to wheel and then do the drive again is 90 days.

TrailSnail

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JL Unlimited Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I'll be there in the JL and might consider caravanning up there with you depending on departure time. I'll be camping off-site and probably only spending one day at the Expo itself.

Sponsored

uawho

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR Hella Yella
Occupation
Civil engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I'll be there in the JL and might consider caravanning up there with you depending on departure time. I'll be camping off-site and probably only spending one day at the Expo itself.
We're going up Friday evening after work and camping onsite. Staying through Sunday.
I'm game to caravan if the timing works. We can't leave till 4:00pm or so Friday. So we'll be in North Phx (I-17 and L-303) by 4:15pm or so.

OP
OP
Sargeoverland

Sargeoverland

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 jlu
Depending on the status of my trailer(if my wife is finished getting it to her standards) we might end up off site somewhere as well

Russ Chung

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD, 2005 TJ
We're going up Friday evening after work and camping onsite. Staying through Sunday.
I'm game to caravan if the timing works. We can't leave till 4:00pm or so Friday. So we'll be in North Phx (I-17 and L-303) by 4:15pm or so.
FYI. Check-in closes at 6:00pm. If you’re not there before 6, you won’t be able to check in and get an on-site campsite until the next morning.

uawho

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR Hella Yella
Occupation
Civil engineer
Vehicle Showcase
FYI. Check-in closes at 6:00pm. If you’re not there before 6, you won’t be able to check in and get an on-site campsite until the next morning.
Yeah, we saw that too.
We're now heading out by 3:00 to get there in time.

brewski

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-diesel
September 24-26 is the date
a buddy of mine is starting his around the continent tour in his tacoma but is making the stop here in the valley and we are gonna go camp “glamp” up there. Anyone interested in joining for camping or atleast cruising up to flag?
If your buddy has a Taco, make sure he checks out Expedition Essentials at the Expo.
Sponsored