Sponsored

Overland Build - JL or wait until "Scrambler" specs are released

billlumberg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Jeep
Purchased a JL for DS and think I have caught the bug. Currently have a 1500 Eco for primary driver, but really want an overland vehicle. I am been contemplating a JL Rubi, but after looking at the proposed Scramblers, I think I should wait until the specs are released. Anyone else waiting until the Scrambler is released?
Sponsored

@OUTDOORTREE

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Purchased a JL for DS and think I have caught the bug. Currently have a 1500 Eco for primary driver, but really want an overland vehicle. I am been contemplating a JL Rubi, but after looking at the proposed Scramblers, I think I should wait until the specs are released. Anyone else waiting until the Scrambler is released?
I thought about it but I just ditched my GMC Canyon for the Jeep because I wanted the enclosed back all fall winter and spring for wet and cold travels (had a cab but like the back heated and cooled for my purposes). Plus I take up to 5 people on extended trips.

I think the add on that is going to make my Jeep great for overland instead of a pick-up is the gobi rack that is supposedly on its way. You can load up multiple hard sided boxes (plano sportsmans trunks for me) and stand up there (fun for kids and me). I love the Jeep but storage is tight for the whole family on an extended trip right now but I think once the Gobi Rack comes we will be in business.

DSC_0104 (1).JPG

BoisetheCat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CR-V
I thought about it but I just ditched my GMC Canyon for the Jeep because I wanted the enclosed back all fall winter and spring for wet and cold travels (had a cab but like the back heated and cooled for my purposes). Plus I take up to 5 people on extended trips.

I think the add on that is going to make my Jeep great for overland instead of a pick-up is the gobi rack that is supposedly on its way. You can load up multiple hard sided boxes (plano sportsmans trunks for me) and stand up there (fun for kids and me). I love the Jeep but storage is tight for the whole family on an extended trip right now but I think once the Gobi Rack comes we will be in business.

DSC_0104 (1).JPG
Gobi is what i've been waiting on. LOD has said they will have a rack for the soft top as well. more options the better
Sponsored