Sponsored

Overheating....

MSUConrad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911, JL Rubicon
My Jeep has started to overheat. It seems to run hot 210+ most of the time, but honestly I didn’t start watching the number until it would overheat.

It always seems to do it on the highway. First the temp rises just past halfway, then the adaptive cruise turns off and gives “cruise canceled, service system”, then I can’t maintain 70 and it overheats as I try to.

Jeep cares has been responsive and helpful, the dealer is trouble shooting and gave me a new Wrangler Sahara to borrow. Anyone else had this issue? I’d like to pass along any info I can to the service guys.
Sponsored

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
My Jeep has started to overheat. It seems to run hot 210+ most of the time, but honestly I didn’t start watching the number until it would overheat.

It always seems to do it on the highway. First the temp rises just past halfway, then the adaptive cruise turns off and gives “cruise canceled, service system”, then I can’t maintain 70 and it overheats as I try to.

Jeep cares has been responsive and helpful, the dealer is trouble shooting and gave me a new Wrangler Sahara to borrow. Anyone else had this issue? I’d like to pass along any info I can to the service guys.
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/3-weeks-old-overheats.11341/

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/2-0l-engine-coolant-overheating-2k-miles.15449/

OP
OP
MSUConrad

MSUConrad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911, JL Rubicon
Thanks, I informed them of those two threads when I dropped it off. The upside is that this does not seem to be a big systemic problem. Just need to dig in and find the source of the problem.

The Jeep did great for 6k miles. So something has come loose or broken....just need to find it!

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
I believe 195-215 is the range it will run in.
Sponsored