Sponsored

Overfilled oil, factory paint imperfections and poor customer service (Greenway DCJR Orlando).

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
Here we are damn near 4 years later and STILL 6 quart oil fills. I had an early 1/19/18 build and was the unfortunate recipient of a couple 6 qt oil changes but cracks me up they are still doing it.

Same ‘help’ I received from ‘Kate’.

“I Suggest calling another dealer”
I called every single dealer within 45 min of me (Denver so it’s a handful) and can’t get a return call or anything setup.

the Top above my windshield has a spot the size of a baseball they totally missed painting. When I went to put my sun bonnet on there was still painters tape and paper with overspray on it.

sad you have to fill out a survey to get noticed. But I am a realist too, that’s not a Jeep specific problem. That’s almost any major corporation now. Good surveys are incentivized over good service.
The dealers around here are so swamped and understaffed it's nearly impossible to even get through to them.

Email the sales team for a quote and your phone will ring 3x a day and you'll get 5 email daily asking to assist you but ask for service and you literally get put on a never ending transfer/hold cycle that almost always ends up with them "disconnecting."
Sponsored

Doubleaaron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon JLU
My dealer no longer sends out surveys. Maybe they no longer send them to me after some bad reviews. Larry H Miller Jeep, Albuquerque NM

OllieChristopher

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 GMC 2WD Sierra, 4.3, NV3500, 3:73/TruTrac
Here we are damn near 4 years later and STILL 6 quart oil fills. I had an early 1/19/18 build and was the unfortunate recipient of a couple 6 qt oil changes but cracks me up they are still doing it.

The dealers around here are so swamped and understaffed it's nearly impossible to even get through to them.

Email the sales team for a quote and your phone will ring 3x a day and you'll get 5 email daily asking to assist you but ask for service and you literally get put on a never ending transfer/hold cycle that almost always ends up with them "disconnecting."
This is not only FCA dealers . It's an ongoing theme it seems everywhere in dealerships across this country. When you can't get a dealers service center to put in the proper amount of oil, what else are they getting wrong?

I know this is not what the OP want's to hear but I highly recommend to get your servicing done either by yourself or take it to a trusted private mechanic/service center.

Mgg253

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
EDIT: I’m also curious about a baseball size imperfection, should post a picture.
I don’t have a pic that shows it all… honestly I didn’t expect it to be an issue other than a quick call, a quick apology, and a ‘we’re on it’

Jeep Wrangler JL Overfilled oil, factory paint imperfections and poor customer service (Greenway DCJR Orlando). 1FB42537-FA57-4DCB-BCBA-6DD701C90690
Jeep Wrangler JL Overfilled oil, factory paint imperfections and poor customer service (Greenway DCJR Orlando). 0946FC38-99E4-447E-809A-E16F42647553

Sponsored

Chazdog

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Honda Pilot for now
This is an interesting conversation to follow. I too
That really bugs me and is almost as bad as Isahi’s poor customer service skills in my book. At the very least @JeepCares should have reached out to Greenway and looked into the claim. If Greenway doesn’t want me as a customer or just not interested in the work, even though Isahi said they would initially take care of it as soon as they get approval; like it’s a regular thing for them with Jeep. Then she (Kate) should have reached out to other dealers on my behalf (or at least offered) to see who was interested and who has body shops they work with. Then get me in contact with said dealer and we can make an appointment for all parties to discuss options…

If I have to run all around town begging dealers and start the process all over, then contact Jeep “Cares” again for further assistance. Then that’s just shows me they really don’t care and this entire formality is an insult to the customers. Probably be told to take it another dealer again :(

EDIT: I’m also curious about a baseball size imperfection, should post a picture.
For me, I'm disappointed with the quality of the service I received. It isn't what I requested and expect. But I don’t hold that against Isahi (service advisor), that is completely on the tech. Just makes me nervous going forward using them for service, more so for something potentially major. His lack of communication is what specifically disappointed me with him, more so after I was ignored when I asked for a simple follow up. So I filled out the survey and explained my dissatisfaction.

Admittedly Isahi response really rubbed me the wrong way. Not what I want to see first thing in morning... If he had responded by apologizing and giving me an update (or just being professional). It would have went a long way for me, by showing they want to do the right thing. Instead of revealing his poor character. Calling me pal and man was intended to be disrespectful.

I don’t really want my new vehicle repainted. While I am not happy with it, it isn’t right and is a factory defect. I am aware repairing it will probably be more noticeable. Visually it isn’t pretty, but I also use it as a Jeep and figure over time pinstripes will look worse... I am more concerned with the corrosion issues that’s common with his model around the hinges. Personally I would been fine with documenting the issue and offering me some type of guarantee that if/when corrosion starts, I am not going to be left hanging. Only reason I am dealing with the dealer and chose them, is because they have a body shop attached; figured they where the best for getting this looked at or at least convenient.
The standards for build and paint quality are lower than most of us newer Jeep owners are used to. The sooner one can adapt to and accept that factory defects are to be expected and accepted, the better. I have conceded that the concave dishing around my windshield rests are just as normal as hoods without this factory inflicted damage - it’s random but prevalent with JLs. Your concerns are reported and documented so if, down the road while still under warranty, there are corrosion issues due to the sub standard paint work, you’ll be covered.

OP
OP
SH556JL

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
This is an interesting conversation to follow. I too

The standards for build and paint quality are lower than most of us newer Jeep owners are used to. The sooner one can adapt to and accept that factory defects are to be expected and accepted, the better. I have conceded that the concave dishing around my windshield rests are just as normal as hoods without this factory inflicted damage - it’s random but prevalent with JLs. Your concerns are reported and documented so if, down the road while still under warranty, there are corrosion issues due to the sub standard paint work, you’ll be covered.
Some stuff I can write off as being part Jeep‘s unique character and there’s plenty of them. I did bring some of these issues up with Greenway when I was there for my first service. Mostly to document the issues and see what comes of it. But at least get it documented and discuss options; I‘m not sure if the dealer submitted anything (could never get an answer on that) and I know Kate with Jeep Cares didn’t open a case. So at the minimum, this thread will serve as documentation for later.

Cosmetically, it looks bad. Almost like it’s a respray done poorly. I don’t drive this vehicle daily or even see it every month due to my job schedule. But every time I come home, enjoy it and clean it up or work on it, I find all kinds of quality issues. Everything from loose wiring harnesses to this poor quality paint, even fitment issues with the doors. Imagine if I daily drove it, I would probably notice more and more.

This is also my first new car purchase, also first with a warranty. While I enjoy my Jeep, I do not like this side of things when it comes to customer service. This bothers me more then the annoyances that comes with the poor quality.

My big concerns if anyone from Jeep is monitoring. While I am not happy about the blemishes with the fish eyes or whatever I find all over the paint; usually around the tailgate, under mirrors and mostly all over the roll cage. I can live with those, as it’s only a cosmetic issue and respraying will be hit or miss. While I am not happy about the poor coverage around the hinges, I‘m more concerned with the gap and raw material under them. As water, debris and chemicals gets under them (very obvious when I wash and dry it, can see water slowly dripping out for long while after). This will only guarantee corrosion will occur at some point. I am also having problems with the door pinch seams that are rubbing the paint off the tub.

AlgUSF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUS, 2014 Tundra, 2013 Odyssey, 2002 Civic
Yep, it's #AJeepThing. Whenever I see a cosmetic defect on my Jeep, I ask myself do I want to blow my stack at the dealership to have it "fixed". Especially given the current labor situation in this country, as I wouldn't be surprised if they have some guy from the parts desk in painting vehicles one day. My paint is "pretty good" by any standard, and probably better than average for Jeep standards.

To each their own, I'm learning the Jeep Life as this is my first Jeep (or Chrysler FCA Stellantis product for that matter). I don't look at the warranty as a guarantee of a perfect vehicle, more of an "In case of emergency, break glass" type help.

JLUW75

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUW
Occupation
Engineer
On Wednesday, Aug 4 I went into Greenway for my first service. I was greeted by a young man named Isahi, a service advisor. When I scheduled my appointment, I noticed their system stated my Jeep takes "6qt. 5W20." I asked about this and was told my Jeep takes 6 quarts. I explained as per owners manual, my Jeep takes 5 quarts. Isahi claimed it's 5 plus oil filter, so they round it to 6. I asked Isahi to make sure the service is performed as per the owners manual; if it says 5 quarts, then I expect 5 quarts. I also stated I want a 5 tire rotation, if there's an extra charge, I would pay for it. Isahi said no problem. I then went on showing him my real concern around the hinges and other factory imperfection with the paint. I explained my concern is eventual corrosion that is common with the JL. Isahi was aware of the problems, said he will have the body shop take pictures and get back to when they receive approval from Chrysler.

When I get my Jeep back, the paper work correctly stated 5 quarts of 0W20. I also quickly noticed they didn't rotate my spare, but did do a 4 tire rotation. I get home, let the engine cool for 5 mins to check the oil. It was overfilled and can see where the tech rested the oil filter housing (didn't bother to wipe it up). I didn't initially bring this up to them. Just made a note to myself that I wouldn't use them again for simple service and will just do it myself going forward.

On Fri, Aug 6 I was contacted by Isahi stating Chrysler may send an email survey and that it was his report card. If I wasn't COMPLETELY SATISFIED to please text back. I waited till Wednesday (Aug 11) morning and texted back inquiring about the status. I also mentioned I noticed on the paperwork he wrote it up as primer coming off the hinges. I told Isahi this wasn't accurate description of them problem and I again explained the issue in writing. That I am afraid this manufacturer defect will lead to corrosion as is common on these. I also asked Isahi if I could possibly see the pictures that was sent to FCA/Stellantis (I never did speak to their body shop directly, only through him)... I never received a response to my inquiry and honestly don't think they even submitted anything.

On Sat, Aug 14 I filled out the survey and honestly documented my experience. Today, I received some very arrogant and sarcastic texts from Isahi. He also didn't seem concerned when I mentioned his response was unprofessional, that he was still ignoring my inquiry and I would be in contact with management and @JeepCares

Jeep Wrangler JL Overfilled oil, factory paint imperfections and poor customer service (Greenway DCJR Orlando). 61060718
Jeep Wrangler JL Overfilled oil, factory paint imperfections and poor customer service (Greenway DCJR Orlando). 61060718

Attached is pictures of some of the imperfections in the factory paint.

My Expectations:
I am disappointed in how the scheduled maintenance was performed, it wasn't done correctly or as requested. Kinda sad to see overfilling is still an issue this far into the new model. But I don't think any damage was done, I just wouldn't use them for basic service going forward.

As for the paint issues. I'm not sure what resolution I expect, but I am more concerned with corrosion issues going forward. My main goal was getting this documented and work from there. While I am not happy about these factory paint defects at this price point, I'm not sure a repaint would be visually more appealing. But was open to it to better prevent corrosion issues.

As for Isahi, he's unprofessional and hope management has a talk with him. But I don't wish to be contacted by him again.
Sorry for your trouble! This is a nightmare. I'm always afraid that this will be the service/attitude I receive when going to any dealer. this poor service seems like it is all over the place and is not specific to one automaker or dealership network. If a dealership can not manage to do an oil change correctly, what can I trust them to do? Once I find an honest mechanic shop that can deal with late-model cars, I will only interface with the dealership for warranty work. With EVs and Tesla proving direct sales model is working, I think dealers will need to step it up big time or be outmoded quickly!

Sponsored

JLUW75

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUW
Occupation
Engineer
What of I don’t want to do a survey? They are a pain in the ass and they get longer all the time. Some even ask questions that have little to do with the experience and are mostly to gather stats for their marketers.

What if I just want good old fashioned honest service by competent and experienced techs? Is that too much to ask?
Yes. I think you are asking too much! lol. Dealers' pay scale has gotten down and the quality of the person they hire has gone down as well. From my experience, dealer service has been barely adequate and I'm a happy well-adjusted guy. I'm not a complainer. Service guys HATE auto enthusiasts. They can not BS us and upsell us on BS stuff and we can call their BS. I'm sure a novice person who got upsold through the roof and didn't understand or check if dealer techs did the job they said they did walk out very happy and gave awesome feedback! Those are the customer's dealers want and so they feel they can be dicks with us few!

JLUW75

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUW
Occupation
Engineer
That really bugs me and is almost as bad as Isahi’s poor customer service skills in my book. At the very least @JeepCares should have reached out to Greenway and looked into the claim. If Greenway doesn’t want me as a customer or just not interested in the work, even though Isahi said they would initially take care of it as soon as they get approval; like it’s a regular thing for them with Jeep. Then she (Kate) should have reached out to other dealers on my behalf (or at least offered) to see who was interested and who has body shops they work with. Then get me in contact with said dealer and we can make an appointment for all parties to discuss options…

If I have to run all around town begging dealers and start the process all over, then contact Jeep “Cares” again for further assistance. Then that’s just shows me they really don’t care and this entire formality is an insult to the customers. Probably be told to take it another dealer again :(

seems to me that JeepCares is little more than a marketing program with no real benefit. They can promote it on Jeep website and brag about it to new car buyers but it has little benefit beyond roadside assistance to call you a service truck which I've read it take HOURS to get any service. So I'm learning to not depend on them for anything and should just pay for AAA and be done with it.

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
Jeep Cares is a social media program. They are nothing more than an online advocate. They may even be contracted. On the Ford truck site I am on, Ford had a very similar program with posters who had the same few first names you see here and a very similar posting style. I would be shocked if anyone who has decision making power at Jeep ever read a single post here.

JLUW75

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUW
Occupation
Engineer
I don’t have a pic that shows it all… honestly I didn’t expect it to be an issue other than a quick call, a quick apology, and a ‘we’re on it’

Think about how many things must have gone wrong for you to receive this poor quality. The body paint should have gotten inspected before moving to the next step. All trim and assembly took place with TAPE with overspray present and NO ONE reported it or cared and passed it forward. The vehicle supposedly went through inspection BEFORE it shipped from the factory! And the vehicle must have gone through PDI at the dealer! that is a lot of steps for people to MISS things like this. This tells me they just don't give a shit and just want to push this crap out of the door and have you deal with it AFTER you sign on the dotted line! This is not just incompetence. It is APATHY! They just don't give a shit! I really appreciate all of the Jeep owners listing their experiences with poor quality. It gives me an understanding of what to look for when my jeep shows up at the dealer. I see crap like this and I won't accept delivery until all is fixed. I guess I need to pull a dipstick and check engine oil level??? smh!!!!

Talox

First Name
dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JLU XR Granite crystal (ordered 8/23)
I've gotten to the point where I wont visit a dealer at for routine service, only warranty work. As stated above service quality sucks and what they charge is outrageous. I would much rather deal with a local garage that provides the service I expect .

and its a real shame about what I read about jeep cares telling you to "go to another dealer" It hurt to see that.
Sponsored