Sponsored

Overfilled oil, factory paint imperfections and poor customer service (Greenway DCJR Orlando).

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
On Wednesday, Aug 4 I went into Greenway for my first service. I was greeted by a young man named Isahi, a service advisor. When I scheduled my appointment, I noticed their system stated my Jeep takes "6qt. 5W20." I asked about this and was told my Jeep takes 6 quarts. I explained as per owners manual, my Jeep takes 5 quarts. Isahi claimed it's 5 plus oil filter, so they round it to 6. I asked Isahi to make sure the service is performed as per the owners manual; if it says 5 quarts, then I expect 5 quarts. I also stated I want a 5 tire rotation, if there's an extra charge, I would pay for it. Isahi said no problem. I then went on showing him my real concern around the hinges and other factory imperfection with the paint. I explained my concern is eventual corrosion that is common with the JL. Isahi was aware of the problems, said he will have the body shop take pictures and get back to when they receive approval from Chrysler.

When I get my Jeep back, the paper work correctly stated 5 quarts of 0W20. I also quickly noticed they didn't rotate my spare, but did do a 4 tire rotation. I get home, let the engine cool for 5 mins to check the oil. It was overfilled and can see where the tech rested the oil filter housing (didn't bother to wipe it up). I didn't initially bring this up to them. Just made a note to myself that I wouldn't use them again for simple service and will just do it myself going forward.

On Fri, Aug 6 I was contacted by Isahi stating Chrysler may send an email survey and that it was his report card. If I wasn't COMPLETELY SATISFIED to please text back. I waited till Wednesday (Aug 11) morning and texted back inquiring about the status. I also mentioned I noticed on the paperwork he wrote it up as primer coming off the hinges. I told Isahi this wasn't accurate description of them problem and I again explained the issue in writing. That I am afraid this manufacturer defect will lead to corrosion as is common on these. I also asked Isahi if I could possibly see the pictures that was sent to FCA/Stellantis (I never did speak to their body shop directly, only through him)... I never received a response to my inquiry and honestly don't think they even submitted anything.

On Sat, Aug 14 I filled out the survey and honestly documented my experience. Today, I received some very arrogant and sarcastic texts from Isahi. He also didn't seem concerned when I mentioned his response was unprofessional, that he was still ignoring my inquiry and I would be in contact with management and @JeepCares

Jeep Wrangler JL Overfilled oil, factory paint imperfections and poor customer service (Greenway DCJR Orlando). 8DE15A8E-081E-4155-AAA7-1118C5A83FFD
Jeep Wrangler JL Overfilled oil, factory paint imperfections and poor customer service (Greenway DCJR Orlando). 7C2CD064-AB84-47B7-85FB-1E3737798C3E

Attached is pictures of some of the imperfections in the factory paint.

Jeep Wrangler JL Overfilled oil, factory paint imperfections and poor customer service (Greenway DCJR Orlando). tempImageEI4eZ2
Jeep Wrangler JL Overfilled oil, factory paint imperfections and poor customer service (Greenway DCJR Orlando). tempImageJe4VgM
Jeep Wrangler JL Overfilled oil, factory paint imperfections and poor customer service (Greenway DCJR Orlando). tempImageFkQaU3
Jeep Wrangler JL Overfilled oil, factory paint imperfections and poor customer service (Greenway DCJR Orlando). tempImage8IMMsU
Jeep Wrangler JL Overfilled oil, factory paint imperfections and poor customer service (Greenway DCJR Orlando). tempImageqk9gu6

My Expectations:
I am disappointed in how the scheduled maintenance was performed, it wasn't done correctly or as requested. Kinda sad to see overfilling is still an issue this far into the new model. But I don't think any damage was done, I just wouldn't use them for basic service going forward.

As for the paint issues. I'm not sure what resolution I expect, but I am more concerned with corrosion issues going forward. My main goal was getting this documented and work from there. While I am not happy about these factory paint defects at this price point, I'm not sure a repaint would be visually more appealing. But was open to it to better prevent corrosion issues.

As for Isahi, he's unprofessional and hope management has a talk with him. But I don't wish to be contacted by him again.
Sponsored

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I’m constantly amazed at dealership service departments/personnel whose income depends to some degree on customer satisfaction survey results that will beg you for all 10s but are indifferent or even argumentative when it comes to actually satisfying you as a customer. It’s like they don’t even connect that the mediocre or crappy service they provide, that you clearly state that you’re not happy with, doesn’t equate to a perfect satisfaction score.

I make it a point when leaving my vehicle to ensure that they make accurate notes as to what the problem is. I have them read me the notes they input on the service request and correct it as necessary. I’m friendly and jovial, and I specifically mention that I want to be able to give them all 10s on the survey, please don’t let me down and I won’t let them down.

I don’t hold it against a service writer or manager or department if FCA corporate makes a decision that I don’t agree with.

This has seemed to help. If you’ve got a good service department manager, make it a point to meet them and briefly chat and let them see that you’re not a problem customer but you won’t accept or reward second rate service. They seem to respect that if you talk to them with empathy and don’t come off as an entitled demanding jerk. (Not saying that you are one or that you did that.)

Good luck with resolution.

OP
OP
SH556JL

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
I’m constantly amazed at dealership service departments/personnel whose income depends to some degree on customer satisfaction survey results that will beg you for all 10s but are indifferent or even argumentative when it comes to actually satisfying you as a customer. It’s like they don’t even connect that the mediocre or crappy service they provide, that you clearly state that you’re not happy with, doesn’t equate to a perfect satisfaction score.

I make it a point when leaving my vehicle to ensure that they make accurate notes as to what the problem is. I have them read me the notes they input on the service request and correct it as necessary. I’m friendly and jovial, and I specifically mention that I want to be able to give them all 10s on the survey, please don’t let me down and I won’t let them down.

I don’t hold it against a service writer or manager or department if FCA corporate makes a decision that I don’t agree with.

This has seemed to help. If you’ve got a good service department manager, make it a point to meet them and briefly chat and let them see that you’re not a problem customer but you won’t accept or reward second rate service. They seem to respect that if you talk to them with empathy and don’t come off as an entitled demanding jerk. (Not saying that you are one or that you did that.)

Good luck with resolution.
For me, I'm disappointed with the quality of the service I received. It isn't what I requested and expect. But I don’t hold that against Isahi (service advisor), that is completely on the tech. Just makes me nervous going forward using them for service, more so for something potentially major. His lack of communication is what specifically disappointed me with him, more so after I was ignored when I asked for a simple follow up. So I filled out the survey and explained my dissatisfaction.

Admittedly Isahi response really rubbed me the wrong way. Not what I want to see first thing in morning... If he had responded by apologizing and giving me an update (or just being professional). It would have went a long way for me, by showing they want to do the right thing. Instead of revealing his poor character. Calling me pal and man was intended to be disrespectful.

I don’t really want my new vehicle repainted. While I am not happy with it, it isn’t right and is a factory defect. I am aware repairing it will probably be more noticeable. Visually it isn’t pretty, but I also use it as a Jeep and figure over time pinstripes will look worse... I am more concerned with the corrosion issues that’s common with his model around the hinges. Personally I would been fine with documenting the issue and offering me some type of guarantee that if/when corrosion starts, I am not going to be left hanging. Only reason I am dealing with the dealer and chose them, is because they have a body shop attached; figured they where the best for getting this looked at or at least convenient.

RedundanT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
5 minutes? I've let my oil drain for over an hour and it was still dripping. Check cold in the morning.

As for the poor quality of build, yep, it's a Jeep. While it may cost like a BMW did a couple years ago it is made in the USA by those "quality first" union guys and gals.

OP
OP
SH556JL

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
5 minutes? I've let my oil drain for over an hour and it was still dripping. Check cold in the morning.

As for the poor quality of build, yep, it's a Jeep. While it may cost like a BMW did a couple years ago it is made in the USA by those "quality first" union guys and gals.
I checked the oil again the next day, same results (I checked 5 mins after shutdown, 30 minutes and the next morning).

FYI: Owners manual specifically states 5 minutes after a fully warmed engine is shut off (page 390).

060DE8CE-5A37-4681-A243-BDF637038926.jpeg

Sponsored

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
On Wednesday, Aug 4 I went into Greenway for my first service. I was greeted by a young man named Isahi, a service advisor. When I scheduled my appointment, I noticed their system stated my Jeep takes "6qt. 5W20." I asked about this and was told my Jeep takes 6 quarts. I explained as per owners manual, my Jeep takes 5 quarts. Isahi claimed it's 5 plus oil filter, so they round it to 6. I asked Isahi to make sure the service is performed as per the owners manual; if it says 5 quarts, then I expect 5 quarts. I also stated I want a 5 tire rotation, if there's an extra charge, I would pay for it. Isahi said no problem. I then went on showing him my real concern around the hinges and other factory imperfection with the paint. I explained my concern is eventual corrosion that is common with the JL. Isahi was aware of the problems, said he will have the body shop take pictures and get back to when they receive approval from Chrysler.

When I get my Jeep back, the paper work correctly stated 5 quarts of 0W20. I also quickly noticed they didn't rotate my spare, but did do a 4 tire rotation. I get home, let the engine cool for 5 mins to check the oil. It was overfilled and can see where the tech rested the oil filter housing (didn't bother to wipe it up). I didn't initially bring this up to them. Just made a note to myself that I wouldn't use them again for simple service and will just do it myself going forward.

On Fri, Aug 6 I was contacted by Isahi stating Chrysler may send an email survey and that it was his report card. If I wasn't COMPLETELY SATISFIED to please text back. I waited till Wednesday (Aug 11) morning and texted back inquiring about the status. I also mentioned I noticed on the paperwork he wrote it up as primer coming off the hinges. I told Isahi this wasn't accurate description of them problem and I again explained the issue in writing. That I am afraid this manufacturer defect will lead to corrosion as is common on these. I also asked Isahi if I could possibly see the pictures that was sent to FCA/Stellantis (I never did speak to their body shop directly, only through him)... I never received a response to my inquiry and honestly don't think they even submitted anything.

On Sat, Aug 14 I filled out the survey and honestly documented my experience. Today, I received some very arrogant and sarcastic texts from Isahi. He also didn't seem concerned when I mentioned his response was unprofessional, that he was still ignoring my inquiry and I would be in contact with management and @JeepCares

Jeep Wrangler JL Overfilled oil, factory paint imperfections and poor customer service (Greenway DCJR Orlando). 060DE8CE-5A37-4681-A243-BDF637038926
Jeep Wrangler JL Overfilled oil, factory paint imperfections and poor customer service (Greenway DCJR Orlando). 060DE8CE-5A37-4681-A243-BDF637038926

Attached is pictures of some of the imperfections in the factory paint.

My Expectations:
I am disappointed in how the scheduled maintenance was performed, it wasn't done correctly or as requested. Kinda sad to see overfilling is still an issue this far into the new model. But I don't think any damage was done, I just wouldn't use them for basic service going forward.

As for the paint issues. I'm not sure what resolution I expect, but I am more concerned with corrosion issues going forward. My main goal was getting this documented and work from there. While I am not happy about these factory paint defects at this price point, I'm not sure a repaint would be visually more appealing. But was open to it to better prevent corrosion issues.

As for Isahi, he's unprofessional and hope management has a talk with him. But I don't wish to be contacted by him again.
We're sorry to hear of the dissatisfaction this dealer visit caused you., SH556JL. If you'd like to discuss further with our team, we are in private message.

Kate
Jeep Cares

OP
OP
SH556JL

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
I did reach out to @JeepCares and it was a complete waste of time; they don't care.

In summary:
(Me) Aug 21 - Sent a DM Inquiry with details.

(Kate) Aug 23 - Asked if my concerns been resolved.

(Me) Aug 27 - Told her no and nothing has changed. I am unsure about Greenway and the lack of communication since I attempted to reach out to management.

(Kate) Aug 27 - Suggested I take it another dealer and start over.

(Me) Aug 27 - Told her I didn't like this response and explained the inconvenience. I'm not interested in this considering I should have a pending claim, assuming Greenway submitted the pictures.

(Me) Sept 9 - Reached out again for an update and explained I'm dissatisfied with the lack of communication.

(Kate) Sept 13 - Told me they have not reached out to the dealer nor created a case. Again suggested I beg another dealer and reach out again if I need assistance.

(Me) Sept 13 - Explained I will be out town for a while and stored the Jeep. That I was very disappointed I couldn't get assistance while I was home for a month.

(Kate) Sept 14 - Said she was sorry I feel that way and couldn't be of more assistance. That I can reach out again for support if needed.

(Me) Sept 14 - Again I tried to explain the situation and how I am not happy being told to go around basically begging dealers to assist from someone who works for Jeep "Cares". I already have a claim, already had pictures taken and don't understand why I can't get an update on that.

(Kate) Sept 15 -She appreciates the details. Since she is unable to assist, told me to call Jeep Cares directly.

I called today while siting at the FBO and it's some generic robot with stuff like roadside assistance...

From my perspective, JeepCares have so far refused to be of any assistance and will not open a case, even though I already visited a dealer and had pictures taken. But instead tells me to go around begging other dealers for assistance whom don’t have body shops (I have scheduling concerns inviting multiple parties into the mix) and telling me to call a generic number with an automated system for stuff like road side assistance. Worse of all being treated as if I was bothering them to get them to do their job, at least that was the impression I am getting.

In summary, I wasted my time and this is the low standard that comes from corporate. No wonder the dealers are a terrible experience and should be avoided.

I should note, every time I come home and do a mini adventure with my Jeep and clean it. I find more and more imperfections. Such as pinch seams on the door rubbing the paint off the tub and tons more fisheyes.

JokerCA

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys
WOW! Ok, 2 things

1) I would have crawled so far up that dealers ass that his ass would have been fired, and I would have happily watched him walk out.

2) I’m guessing we should blow this clown’s phone up with phone calls? I mean, it’s fair game
right? 😈

OP
OP
SH556JL

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
WOW! Ok, 2 things

1) I would have crawled so far up that dealers ass that his ass would have been fired, and I would have happily watched him walk out.

2) I’m guessing we should blow this clown’s phone up with phone calls? I mean, it’s fair game
right? 😈
Pretty sure it's generic phone number that goes to a computer text thing used to communicate with customers.

JokerCA

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys
Pretty sure it's generic phone number that goes to a computer text thing used to communicate with customers.
Possibly, or it could be a dealer phone they use during business hours. Either way, what a horrible experience and sorry that happened. It’s amazing how basic customer service skills escape soooo many these days.

Sponsored

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
What if I don’t want to do a survey? They are a pain in the ass and they get longer all the time. Some even ask questions that have little to do with the experience and are mostly to gather stats for their marketers.

What if I just want good old fashioned honest service by competent and experienced techs? Is that too much to ask?

Last edited:

Mgg253

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
Same ‘help’ I received from ‘Kate’.

“I Suggest calling another dealer”
I called every single dealer within 45 min of me (Denver so it’s a handful) and can’t get a return call or anything setup.

the Top above my windshield has a spot the size of a baseball they totally missed painting. When I went to put my sun bonnet on there was still painters tape and paper with overspray on it.

sad you have to fill out a survey to get noticed. But I am a realist too, that’s not a Jeep specific problem. That’s almost any major corporation now. Good surveys are incentivized over good service.

Wbino

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL H.A. -- 1999 SLK 230
Occupation
Retired

One of the reasons I bought Jeep was the USA union build.

FloridaLarry

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubi 4xe
Occupation
IT Manager
Is there an oil pressure gauge to see?
I'll be driving mine home 200 miles from new with no ability to return to original dealer for fixing.

OP
OP
SH556JL

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
Same ‘help’ I received from ‘Kate’.

“I Suggest calling another dealer”
I called every single dealer within 45 min of me (Denver so it’s a handful) and can’t get a return call or anything setup.

the Top above my windshield has a spot the size of a baseball they totally missed painting. When I went to put my sun bonnet on there was still painters tape and paper with overspray on it.

sad you have to fill out a survey to get noticed. But I am a realist too, that’s not a Jeep specific problem. That’s almost any major corporation now. Good surveys are incentivized over good service.
That really bugs me and is almost as bad as Isahi’s poor customer service skills in my book. At the very least @JeepCares should have reached out to Greenway and looked into the claim. If Greenway doesn’t want me as a customer or just not interested in the work, even though Isahi said they would initially take care of it as soon as they get approval; like it’s a regular thing for them with Jeep. Then she (Kate) should have reached out to other dealers on my behalf (or at least offered) to see who was interested and who has body shops they work with. Then get me in contact with said dealer and we can make an appointment for all parties to discuss options

If I have to run all around town begging dealers and start the process all over, then contact Jeep “Cares” again for further assistance. Then that’s just shows me they really don’t care and this entire formality is an insult to the customers. Probably be told to take it another dealer again :(

EDIT: I’m also curious about a baseball size imperfection, should post a picture.
Sponsored

Last edited: