Sponsored

Overfilled oil, factory paint imperfections and poor customer service (Greenway DCJR Orlando).

OP
OP
SH556JL

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
Jeep Cares is a social media program. They are nothing more than an online advocate. They may even be contracted. On the Ford truck site I am on, Ford had a very similar program with posters who had the same few first names you see here and a very similar posting style. I would be shocked if anyone who has decision making power at Jeep ever read a single post here.
That was the impression I was getting, looked at ā€œKateā€ as nothing more then a gatekeeper. But obviously couldnā€™t get passed the gatekeeper to get me in touch with whomever I needed to, case manager or what ever. Thatā€˜s very poor on whomever I was responding with.

At this point, I am debating on ordering new hinges and having them powder coated. Then install with a little Proseal before torquing them down. Readjust the striker plate to fix the pinch seam from rubbing the paint off the tubā€¦ Probably be better then dealing with Jeep or the dealer.
Sponsored

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
We seem to live in an apathetic age. Many around us are self centered and lack any sort of social skill or consciousness. Every store you go to, every service payed for, automotive or otherwise, even basic personal interactions in public. We are constantly bombarded with bad news, gossip and politics. Very few seem to be happy in their work. Employers ignore the vast good that their workers do and focus on the few things that need improved, leaving what was done well ignored with no incentive to continue on that, but continued focus on what was done badly.

I also think that many of us expect absolute perfection and tend to complain loudly if that is not acheived. That post above showing the pics of the red Jeep is indeed what should be complained about. A run in the paint, for example, on a differential cover should not.

That having been said. Overall quality control, not just Jeep but every manufacturer out there, has fallen. The prevailing idea seems that flaws can be taken care of under warranty or through recalls. Many people just accept a flaw or simply donā€™t notice it. This is the way many businesses run today. Tesla is famous for it.

OP
OP
SH556JL

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
I've gotten to the point where I wont visit a dealer at for routine service, only warranty work. As stated above service quality sucks and what they charge is outrageous. I would much rather deal with a local garage that provides the service I expect .

and its a real shame about what I read about jeep cares telling you to "go to another dealer" It hurt to see that.
But I am more them welcome to contact them again if I need further assistance, probably be advised to go to another dealer and beg.

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
Looking at that red wind shield frame again, now that I'm on a laptop, it look s as if the windshield and frame were damaged in transit and the frame got replaced or repaied. Do you see any tool marks on any of the bolts or screws? I can't imagine that it could have left the factory that way. It's my understanding that there is more damage than anyone would realize when vehicles come off of railroad cars, then again off of transport trucks.

Mgg253

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
Looking at that red wind shield frame again, now that I'm on a laptop, it look s as if the windshield and frame were damaged in transit and the frame got replaced or repaied. Do you see any tool marks on any of the bolts or screws? I can't imagine that it could have left the factory that way. It's my understanding that there is more damage than anyone would realize when vehicles come off of railroad cars, then again off of transport trucks.
No that part has factory spot welds, so unless they replaced a quite large piece it came like that from the factory

Sponsored

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
They would just replace the frame rather than fix it if it had any kind of deep crease or deformation in the metal. Body shops do more remove and replace than panel repair these days. High strength, then gauge steel and aluminum are very hard to fix once deformed.

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
Jeep 100% dropped the ball on this one. This is a prime example showing the power of the survey, although ironically it didn't do any help this time. The survey usually does for the customer. Notice he only contacted you after the survey rather than after sharing your valid concerns. That's because you costed him hundreds, likely thousands of dollars in commission. Which, you had every right to do and this is a situation I would've done the same. Losing money was because of his own wrongdoing. He ignored your concerns after bringing up the survey on his own accord and you gave more than enough time to respond. I don't like taking money out of people's pockets but his lack of action and response clearly show this was deserving. It's just a shame they didn't actually rectify anything.

OP
OP
SH556JL

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
Jeep 100% dropped the ball on this one. This is a prime example showing the power of the survey, although ironically it didn't do any help this time. The survey usually does for the customer. Notice he only contacted you after the survey rather than after sharing your valid concerns. That's because you costed him hundreds, likely thousands of dollars in commission. Which, you had every right to do and this is a situation I would've done the same. Losing money was because of his own wrongdoing. He ignored your concerns after bringing up the survey on his own accord and you gave more than enough time to respond. I don't like taking money out of people's pockets but his lack of action and response clearly show this was deserving. It's just a shame they didn't actually rectify anything.
Whatā€™s worse on the dealers part. I sent this thread to the dealer and asked to have a manager contact me. Wish I can update and said they did, but they didnā€™t.

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
Whatā€™s worse on the dealers part. I sent this thread to the dealer and asked to have a manager contact me. Wish I can update and said they did, but they didnā€™t.
If they didnā€™t respond to the survey, theyā€™re not gonna to anything else.
Sponsored