Sponsored

Over the air update issue

Shooting or Jeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2019 RAV4
Jeep, can we please do an update that doesn’t give the user a heart attack for once? Lord. I lost my AC, backup camera, satellite, off-road pages and climate control. I drove home with the heater on full blast and AM radio. Super not fun.

Yes, it cleared up... 2 hours later. But really, why all the drama?
Sponsored

HoboJeep

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Sting Gray
Wow. That is scary. Mine did an update yesterday but luckily I didn't have those problems. I think it was the update for the W35 recall about the back up camera issue. First over the air update I have had. Hope it works.

aquaxp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara '20
Well, looks like I have the same issues after OTA update. In addition to described issues I also lost support for iPod.

Does it just recovered for you after 2 hours? No UConnect reset is required?

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
My spotify started glitching in Android Auto as well. Gotta love update issues when things were working great before the update.:headbang:

Bucaro

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911, Kia Sportage, MB GLS 550
After the OTA update yesterday, I lost Siri and phone calls voice while using Apple Car Play. I reset the UConnect and phone, but the issue remains. Music playback is fine, just Siri and phone calls cannot be heard over the speakers. I called UConnect support and was told by the rep to "wait for another update to fix the issue"..! :facepalm:

Sponsored

Rdmitch

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, ford transit 250, 2017 Wrangler Smoky Mountain Edition
Occupation
Mechanical designer /contractor and musician
it did it to me as i was pulling into work parking lot.
said it would take 40 minutes. i just said screw in and went into work. all i notice is the icons are hexagons instead of circles. Everything seemed the same to me

HoundDude

Threads
Reaction score
New Jersey (i know, i know, i'm stuck here)
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Sahara
it did it to me as i was pulling into work parking lot.
said it would take 40 minutes. i just said screw in and went into work. all i notice is the icons are hexagons instead of circles. Everything seemed the same to me
sounds like the theme may have changed? there are different themes you can choose in the settings...

Reactions: GtX

aquaxp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara '20
Looks like after update the system need some time (up to 12 hours or so) to "re-callibrate" and pull all previous features back. On next day after update I've found that backup camera, connected features and offroad pages a came back.

But iPod still doesn't work. Probably FCA just removed support for iAP1 protocol which used by old apple devices (30-pin port)... Anyone have an iPod with Lightning port (last gen iPod Nano) to check that car is able to play music from it?

It's so ridiculous that Uconnect doesn't provide any kind of changelog and doesn't warn about removing existing and perfectly working features...

Varilux

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Does this OTA update happen automatically, or do you have to do something to make it happen? Given all the issues reported here, I think I'm happy to leave well enough alone. I mean, my stock head unit has a number of glitches- but I've gotten used to those glitches...

aquaxp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara '20
Does this OTA update happen automatically, or do you have to do something to make it happen? Given all the issues reported here, I think I'm happy to leave well enough alone. I mean, my stock head unit has a number of glitches- but I've gotten used to those glitches...
It will be pushed automatically, there are no designated "Check for updates" button.
Also not sure that you can opt out from update - on the update notification screen there are only 2 buttons: install right now and schedule update in future...

Sponsored

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
After the OTA update yesterday, I lost Siri and phone calls voice while using Apple Car Play. I reset the UConnect and phone, but the issue remains. Music playback is fine, just Siri and phone calls cannot be heard over the speakers. I called UConnect support and was told by the rep to "wait for another update to fix the issue"..! :facepalm:
We recommend having your dealer look into this for you. If you would like any additional assistance, please feel free to send us a private message and we'll be happy to help!

Alison
JeepCares

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like after update the system need some time (up to 12 hours or so) to "re-callibrate" and pull all previous features back. On next day after update I've found that backup camera, connected features and offroad pages a came back.

But iPod still doesn't work. Probably FCA just removed support for iAP1 protocol which used by old apple devices (30-pin port)... Anyone have an iPod with Lightning port (last gen iPod Nano) to check that car is able to play music from it?

It's so ridiculous that Uconnect doesn't provide any kind of changelog and doesn't warn about removing existing and perfectly working features...
What's an iPod? I think I remember my grandfather talking about one when he was a kid.

Rdmitch

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, ford transit 250, 2017 Wrangler Smoky Mountain Edition
Occupation
Mechanical designer /contractor and musician
i can’t tell if it made any difference. i was at the dealership today scheduling oil and tire rotation According to the VIN it still needs it. They will do it Friday.

Wonder if I need to unmarry my Tazer for this ?

Bucaro

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911, Kia Sportage, MB GLS 550
I can happily report that I was able to solve the issue today. I realized that after the update, for some reason, some features of the Apple Car Play had their volume turned down to zero. All I had to do was to separately turn the volume up each time a feature was being used. After I did that, everything returned to normal. Apparently, you can control the volume of each feature separately.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Disconnect the cellular modem antenna so it can't call home.
Sponsored