First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3 money pits: Turbo Busa, Road King, 22JLUR snazz
Occupation
Powerplant operator
Also keep in mind you may not be able to do lemon law if you buy out of state should the next one be a lemon again.
Not so sure about this comment.

In March 2021, I bought a Ford Ranger from San Antonio, Texas. Four months later it went to the shop here in Las Vegas when I live and stayed there for 72 days waiting on one axle. In December, Ford bought it back under lemon law and covered sales tax, purchase price, and documentation fees etc.

@Malibu I used the BBB arbitration process. They had a buy back answer from Ford in 2 weeks. Lemon law attorneys could not start any process until after truck was out of the shop and I had documentation of the fix. The BBB started process when truck was still in shop but past 30 days.

I asked about the purchased in Texas and filing in Nevada issue and was told it only matters where your living and not where purchased from. I didnā€™t keep the truck because after repairs it was still an issue and I didnā€™t want to deal with supply chain hold ups any longer.
Sponsored

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
Not so sure about this comment.

In March 2021, I bought a Ford Ranger from San Antonio, Texas. Four months later it went to the shop here in Las Vegas when I live and stayed there for 72 days waiting on one axle. In December, Ford bought it back under lemon law and covered sales tax, purchase price, and documentation fees etc.

@Malibu I used the BBB arbitration process. They had a buy back answer from Ford in 2 weeks. Lemon law attorneys could not start any process until after truck was out of the shop and I had documentation of the fix. The BBB started process when truck was still in shop but past 30 days.

I asked about the purchased in Texas and filing in Nevada issue and was told it only matters where your living and not where purchased from. I didnā€™t keep the truck because after repairs it was still an issue and I didnā€™t want to deal with supply chain hold ups any longer.
I would hope that you can lemon law it still -- I'm just stating it's a good idea to verify since lemon laws vary from state to state.

oldcjguy

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Challenger Hellcat, 19 Challenger Scatpack, 20 JLUR Recon
Occupation
Software Engineer
Hit up @JeepCares on this forum. They've been good about getting things for others.

Jhawth

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
#1 : A little leakage is never normal, ever. Don't let dealers or shops feed you that BS.

#2: It's a Jeep, not a car šŸ˜‰

#3: You need to go through the lemon law process unfortunately. I'm sure there's members on here that have had to do it before and could help you out. Good luck, hopefully your next vehicle (Jeep or not) doesn't have similar issues.

GearWhore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel, 1972 Arctic Cat Climber, 2006 Triumph Speed Triple
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Gentleman Explorer
Yeah, the "little leak is normal" is total BS. You have a new vehicle, there should be ZERO leaks.

I also developed an oil leak at less than 6k miles and 3 months in my diesel. It was in the shop for more than 2 months all in. PCM then failed when they got the engine together. Not to mention it then overheated 3 times the day I got it back due to dealer tech not properly bleeding the coolant system. Back in for another few days...

My experience was lemon law was applied from the state where I purchased, not registered. Horrible experience going in circles with Jeep Cares, FCA/Stellantis Retention, and the local dealer. Final resolution took a few months, but they made it worthwhile for me to keep my Jeep. Absurd that a simple, single part can keep your vehicle unusable (mine was an injector feeder tube with no ETA for 40+ days).

Jeep should reimburse you for the rental days before they provided the loaner. You were paying for use of a vehicle you had no access to. How many hundreds of dollars have you spent each of those months on your vehicle payment, insurance, taxes, registration, Sirius subscription you can't use, Uber/Lyft/taxi/shuttles, etc., and you've still had to pay additionally for transportation in the rental. I also had to cancel a planned week-long overland trip last spring because I didn't have my Jeep.

Finally, I will say I had a good experience and great price with my purchase from Kent at Petersen in Nampa, as suggested earlier in the thread. He was easy to work with remotely. Probably 1.5-2 hours on-site for delivery and finance. Also, Steve Boeckman at Jim Butler in Linn, MO was able to give me a slightly better price, but longer drive. I actually recommended my father to Steve and he closed a great deal on his Mojave. Depending on where you are in CO, it might be closer for you, too.

Sponsored

Boogey

First Name
Rami
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S 2021
#1 : A little leakage is never normal, ever. Don't let dealers or shops feed you that BS.

#2: It's a Jeep, not a car šŸ˜‰

#3: You need to go through the lemon law process unfortunately. I'm sure there's members on here that have had to do it before and could help you out. Good luck, hopefully your next vehicle (Jeep or not) doesn't have similar issues.
ANY leakage is NEVER NORMAL :)

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Your dealer sounds like a total douchebag. Even by Jeep standards, which admittedly aren't very high.

I would refrain from hiring a lawyer at this point. I'd try elevating things at the dealer first: explaining to the Service Manager and the General Manager your situation. Being factual but firm, without being over dramatic usually works best.

Hope those SOBs fix your Jeep soon so you can start enjoying it!

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Appreciate your feedback! I have already spoken with both the service manager and the general manager. They have expedited everything they can on their end - paid for faster shipping, etc.

Hard to believe its been this long and the part hasn't shipped, when they are producing so many jeeps a week.
There's shortage of everything right now. But if the delays are coming from Jeep/FCA/Stellantis itself, then the least they can do is make sure that you are as comfortable as you can be while they take their sweet time --i.e., giving you a nice loaner, smothering with communication, etc.

If this is not happening, then yeah, threatening legal action may be the only way to get them to understand, unfortunately. Thing is, once you go down the legal route chances are Jeep loses you as a customer for life.

I can't figure out why automakers suck so bad at taking care of customers, especially after having paid a boatload of money for their products.

GearWhore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel, 1972 Arctic Cat Climber, 2006 Triumph Speed Triple
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Gentleman Explorer
Also, once you threaten to involve a lawyer, Jeep Cares and Stellantis Retention will stop dealing directly with you. It then escalates to their legal department. Not saying one way or another will be more successful, but it does change the dynamic/relationship.

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Out of pocket. Good point. I just don't understand what is taking so long for the part to be shipped when they are building numerous jeeps a day.
WHY did you pay out of pocket? This should be covered by your dealer one way or another. I live in Canada where lemon law doesn't even exist and my vehicle was in the shop for 2 month, I never paid a single cent for rental vehicles when the dealer couldn't provide the courtesy. Should have negotiated a better deal or find another dealer that does.
Sponsored