Sponsored

Outdoor Full Cover for Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL?

Chile1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR & 2016 BMW X5M
Occupation
Biotech Sales Management
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like my JL will be living outside and was wondering if anyone had a recommendation for a good full cover for outdoor. I'm looking at the Smittybilt Full Climate Jeep Cover but would prefer Mopar or even a better one if available.
Sponsored

MrMischief

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
Is this to keep the rain out when the top and doors are off or is this to protect the paint from the sun? If it's just for the rain when the top is off I had a nice tarp I kept in my TJ for this purpose. I only used it as a temporary thing, like when camping, so I had found some leveling blocks I was able to tie some coradage around, I'd lay those in front of the tires and drive onto them then tie the tarp to those as my main hold downs. My TJ had a brush guard I could tie the front middle of the tarp to and I tied the rear middle to the tow hitch. Not keeping animals out, but it kept the seats dry and seemed to help with the dust as well. What I liked most about it was a good tarp has a ton of uses and I often set it up to also work as a canopy I could sit under if it was raining rather than sitting in my little tent. I'm sure you could come up with something similar for the JL (and I plan to myself) if this is what you're needing.

I'm a fan of aquaquest tarps. https://aquaquestwaterproof.com/collections/waterproof-tarps

OP
OP
Chile1

Chile1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR & 2016 BMW X5M
Occupation
Biotech Sales Management
Vehicle Showcase
Is this to keep the rain out when the top and doors are off or is this to protect the paint from the sun? If it's just for the rain when the top is off I had a nice tarp I kept in my TJ for this purpose. I only used it as a temporary thing, like when camping, so I had found some leveling blocks I was able to tie some coradage around, I'd lay those in front of the tires and drive onto them then tie the tarp to those as my main hold downs. My TJ had a brush guard I could tie the front middle of the tarp to and I tied the rear middle to the tow hitch. Not keeping animals out, but it kept the seats dry and seemed to help with the dust as well. What I liked most about it was a good tarp has a ton of uses and I often set it up to also work as a canopy I could sit under if it was raining rather than sitting in my little tent. I'm sure you could come up with something similar for the JL (and I plan to myself) if this is what you're needing.

I'm a fan of aquaquest tarps. https://aquaquestwaterproof.com/collections/waterproof-tarps
this is to keep the car in the elements when not in use with and without the top/doors..

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation