Sponsored

Out-of-state purchasing. Making sure I don’t get screwed on taxes.

OP
OP
alksion

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
Hold on, yours didn’t show up. I thought they had pictures?
This was a week ago Monday. Mine showed up this past Saturday. Typical dealer shenanigans.
Sponsored

OP
OP
alksion

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
It looks like I’ll be paying around $2000 to the state of California when I get back. That should be it and everything should be squared away. Once it’s completed I will confirm how the process worked just in case anyone else from California works with a Nevada or Arizona dealer.

SSWIM

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too Many
Funny when I bought a vehicle in CA. just a few weeks ago I tried to get it tax exempt. They said sure as long as I transported it. Had to have BOL and record of transport. Otherwise it did not leave the dealership without paying taxes. Well I wanted to drive it home. Good little road trip. Paid taxes and got a one way trip permit. No temporary tag or anything. Funny how it all played out.

Sam

NewsShooter

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n Wrangler
So I went to AAA yesterday, they CANNOT register a vehicle purchased from a dealer. They can register a vehicle purchased from an individual. They couldn't tell me why, just that they weren't trained for it. Waste of time and money, though they will credit me as I canceled right then.
Sponsored