Sponsored

Out of state breakdown, repair issues run around.

Edge Hawk

First Name
Asa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD on order, 2014 JKUR & 1992 M101 CND 2 trailer
Hi all, not going into specifics, but Jeep (5,135 miles) broke down twice on out of state trip, was in a dealership there for 3 weeks, and when I got it back via a driver who took back the rental car, I found some relatively minor issues with how the jeep was put back together. (Engine and PCM replacement)

I have been working with Jeep Cares, and was escalated to Jeep Retention team. Upon the jeep getting back to me (on a Saturday) , I noticed the defects in the repair and immediately informed Jeep Retention. On Monday I spoke with them and they had me reach out to local dealership to have these addressed. And they aren't going to process the rental bill ($1500) and deliver ($1066) reimbursements until these items are addressed. If I would have seen these issues, at the repairing dealership, had I been local to pick it up, then I'm sure they could have fixed these within an hour max.

However, the local dealership doesn't want to touch it, because the other dealer did it, got paid for it, and want to make sure they'll get paid for it. So, the dealer reached out to their District Rep, and that person was away or whatever, but hasn't called them back.

So now I'm stuck in the middle. Very frustrated with the lack of care from Jeep.

SystemDefect
BodyFender rivets; not all properly re-installed
BodyCut front passenger fender liner
BrakingBrake lines touching/not routed same as factory/one line not secured in spacer
ElectricalBlock heater cord not secured and over fuse box
ElectricalLine connector not attached to hose
ElectricalNeg cable for winch left disconnected lying on top of battery -- fixed by owner
ElectricalWinch line routing incorrect, exposed to hazards, through cut fender liner
EngineOil pan scraped
EngineCoolant level below minimum
EngineMissing bolts - Foam insulation
EngineMissing black support stem on driver side - Foam insulation/air intake tube
EnginePassenger side insulation not secured - Foam insulation
EngineFound shoulder bolt in engine bay - Foam insulation
Drivetrainaxle housing scraped from oil pan

Jeep Wrangler JL Out of state breakdown, repair issues run around. IMG_4469.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL Out of state breakdown, repair issues run around. cables

Jeep Wrangler JL Out of state breakdown, repair issues run around. E2F28CBD-C02A-4A52-95D3-2B0549B09B30.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL Out of state breakdown, repair issues run around. 2D411D11-8235-40E5-9F9B-3690FC67EF65.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL Out of state breakdown, repair issues run around. 8EF25416-6E65-4E0F-8A73-4AE60C1B44D0.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL Out of state breakdown, repair issues run around. block heater cable unattached

Jeep Wrangler JL Out of state breakdown, repair issues run around. bolt

IMG_4474.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
Edge Hawk

Edge Hawk

First Name
Asa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD on order, 2014 JKUR & 1992 M101 CND 2 trailer
Yeah, most of these issues I can take care of myself, but I don't have the routing diagram for the Engine block heater cord, and I don't want to touch the brake lines (plus, there's not much room from the top with the Diesel Engine). My neighbor bought a Diesel JL the week or two after I got mine, so I have a reference for how the brake lines go. They didn't have the block heater cord though.

I don't want to re do the winch line routing that the tech did, until after the heater block cord is right.
Sponsored