Sponsored

Out Of Pocket Costs For TSBs After Warranty Is Out?

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
The right pull isn’t from the steering box though. The 2.0 stabilizer puts out a lot of force trying to expand itself, which makes the steering want to drift to the right. A Through Shaft stabilizer would fix that, otherwise you’ll have to keep constant light left pressure on the wheel.

After my alignment, the wheel needed to be held at 11:00 to stay straight. A 1/2 turn on the drag link centered it, but pressure is still needed.
The pull to the right was there with the OE stabilizer, before it got replaced with a Fox 2.0.
Sponsored

Fuel Fire Desire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S, 2020 JT Sport
The pull to the right was there with the OE stabilizer, before it got replaced with a Fox 2.0.
Does it pull when the wheel is centered, or if you let go of the wheel when it’s tracking straight? My alignment came back as in spec, but needed a 1/2 turn on the drag link after test driving it. I did this after I checked all the brakes and parking brake for dragging.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Does it pull when the wheel is centered, or if you let go of the wheel when it’s tracking straight? My alignment came back as in spec, but needed a 1/2 turn on the drag link after test driving it. I did this after I checked all the brakes and parking brake for dragging.
It pulls when I’m driving and let go of the wheel.

The dealer tech came along for a ride and agreed that the pull is beyond the normal tendency of the vehicle to follow the crown on the road.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
So I wanted to try and do the TSB for the steering box fix/switch out.

I called my local dealership and let them know Im out of warranty and want to know what the cost would be.

They called back saying parts & labor will come out to about $1150.

Is this legit? I rather go without the TSB fix lol
We understand out of pocket costs are not ideal, noloc45. If you do plan to move forward though we are happy to provide support. Send us a private message to get started.

Kate
Jeep Cares

BlackGenesis

First Name
Andrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sahara unlimited
New steering box cost $330 shipped.
Independent shop labor should be around $300.
You then might need to go to dealership to program your hydraulic assist pump for another $100

Sponsored

RedundanT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
True. Having said that, TSBs are normally covered free of charge while the vehicle is still under the factory warranty.
You said it, under factory warranty. Out of warranty out of luck. Even IN warranty they will have to see/reproduce the issue in said TSB before fixing. If your "that guy" that storms in with a print out of a TSB you're in for rude awakening from the average dealer service adviser. Be nice, be a dumb customer, and describe the issue in the TSB but DON'T mention the TSB. Most of time if the problem is present it will be fixed, IF THE VEHICLE IS UNDER WARRANTY.

RedundanT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Pull right is not steering box. Get alignment and/or adjustable front control arms to dial in caster to around 6 degrees.
Sponsored