Sponsored

out of area dealers

G-StarRock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 TJ
Can folks think of any disadvantages purchasing out of state or even in state but a few hundred miles away?

I am in Northern California and finding any dealers willing to work below invoice on 4xe is next to impossible. Found a dealer in Southern Cali (350 miles) willing to work with me $1000 under invoice. Out of State prices were as low as 7% below invoice. Staying in state I am still breaking even with the Cali Clean Fuel Reward rebate and the basic protection of California lemon law.

Question is:
1. Will my local dealership be willing to work on my Jeep if there are any issues even though I am purchasing from a dealer 350 miles away?
2. Does the 4xe come with free basic maintenance for a year or x number of miles? Will my local dealer honor that?
Sponsored

den_jku

First Name
DS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
1. Will my local dealership be willing to work on my Jeep if there are any issues even though I am purchasing from a dealer 350 miles away?
This will depend on your local dealership and the complexity of the problem, the local dealership is probably not going to go out of the way if you run into major issues.

2. Does the 4xe come with free basic maintenance for a year or x number of miles? Will my local dealer honor that?
Jeep Wave covers oil changes and rotations for 36 months at any dealership, I dont think you will have any issues with this. The dealership service department gets paid for this and they wont mind where you bought the Jeep from.

https://www.jeep.com/jeep-wave.html