Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
That’s an awesome thread and a ton of what we’re doing. When I was initially planning this, I thought two week would be plenty of time but now I’ve put the pen to the paper this is going to be a non stop adventure much in the way yours was!

Brett
Sponsored

OP
OP
rustyshakelford

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Good luck Brett. We might be heading up to CO as well. My goal though is the Enchanted Rockies Trail and the Alpine Loop.
Alpine loop is great. We did it in a buggy in 2011. Beautiful trail. Hit it right when the trees started changing color around sept I think.

You’re going to love it. Have to check out the enchanted Rockies trail.

Brett

OP
OP
rustyshakelford

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
We’re getting closer to our departure date. We moved it up a day to allow a little more time in traveling.

Trailer is just about ready. Bought a military surplus storage container to help hold camping supplies and parts. Going to bed liner it this week hopefully so it’s presentable.

Still need to do a bunch of work to the Jeep so it’s ready! Tentatively finished the last Jeep build for the month so now it’s time to focus on our stuff!

Brett

53D2941B-527B-4E93-AF48-F1F33DAE7F51.jpeg

Az-jewel

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Website
aquajeepgirl.com
Vehicle(s)
‘18 JLU Sport S
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
SAHM
So cool! you’ll have an epic trip! May see you on the trail in CO.

We’ve just decided to head up to CO this weekend, probably on Saturday. We hope to do Ophir and Imogene, maybe engineer and alpine loop (depends on timing). We’re doing Moab with friends the end of September , but might stop on the way back for a day or 2 of fun! The fam wants to hit Zion too.

We had a different trip lined up for the week, but had to cancel it because of all the covid fears.
Hoping we can line up hotels as it’ll be me, my husband and 3 of my kids squeezed in my Jeep! No space for camping gear (and no cool trailer like Brett)!

Sponsored

OP
OP
rustyshakelford

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Leaving in the morning! Bedlined the storage box which is working out incredibly well. Packing for camping which is turning out to be a little more than we had originally planned with all the Covid things is the different states.

added to the “narrows” trail at Zion National park after talking to some friends that were there.

Also couldn’t get the beadlock rings for Lindsay’s mopar wheels in time so ordered her some new kmc wheels and finally removed the roam steps for the overline rails from metalcloak.

brett

72F8EF71-C198-45C9-9E13-32A9F42B813C.jpeg

73D5F135-300D-41C4-9ED3-7D47352E6862.jpeg

086F98C8-126C-4D03-9E97-F411587D85E4.jpeg

dpike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR 3.6
glad to see you added Zion. me and my wife did a National Park loop last year in our mini cooper and Zion is one of the most beautiful.

Last edited:

Az-jewel

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Website
aquajeepgirl.com
Vehicle(s)
‘18 JLU Sport S
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
SAHM
Looks great!! You’re off on your adventure!! Have a blast!!!
The narrows is beautiful! A little challenging but so worth it! We’re taking 2 toddlers this time so don’t plan to do much of it.

beachbumm78

First Name
Kristy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 bikini blue Rubicon
Occupation
Athletic trainer & Massage therapist
Vehicle Showcase
Sounds like a blast! Will look forward to pics!! Also, you’ve probably already checked but unless they’ve changed it schlitterbahn is only opening one small part of their park and it was reservation only.

Sponsored

OP
OP
rustyshakelford

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sounds like a blast! Will look forward to pics!! Also, you’ve probably already checked but unless they’ve changed it schlitterbahn is only opening one small part of their park and it was reservation only.
i went on their site last night and it’s still reservation only but had over 200 tickets available for the date we’re planning on heading there. With so many moving parts, nailing down the date is going to be challenging. As long as the new section is open, I’ll be alright. love the lazy rivers!

lots of pics coming. When my wife gets home in the morning from where, I’ll drive the Jeep on the trailer and strap it’s down before rolling out!

brett

OP
OP
rustyshakelford

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looks great!! You’re off on your adventure!! Have a blast!!!
The narrows is beautiful! A little challenging but so worth it! We’re taking 2 toddlers this time so don’t plan to do much of it.
That’s great to hear, might try to hit the dunes at sand hollow but it’s all timing dependent. Just have to be in Rancho cordova on the 24th. Besides that, we’re flying by the seat of our pants. I’m typically an obsessive planner for all things trips so that everything is organized and scheduled. I’ve been consciously trying to “let go and relax” a little more and it certainly adds a different dynamic to the trip!

the Covid stuff is the ultimate roll of the dice with each state having differing levels of crazy going on.

brett

OP
OP
rustyshakelford

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score