Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
  • Banned
My wife and I were sitting in the pool the other night trying to decide what we wanted to do for two weeks in July. All or most of the resorts in Mexico are still closed so that was out. She suggested going to glacier national park, I countered that if were going to drive that far, we might as well knock out the rubicon trail.

Once I showed her pics of Lake Tahoe, she was is. Our tentative plan is to drive to Colorado and run a couple badge trails, swing by Moab for a few days, stop in st. George Utah to see the guys at AAL and wheel sand hollow, from there go to South Lake Tahoe and run the rubicon trail. Once we’ve gotten there, we’re going to consider that the half way point and start heading home. Family wants to go Yosemite and sequoia national park, Grand Canyon, petrified natl park, big bend for another badge run, and hopefully stop in new bransfels for a day of fun at schlitterbahn!

We’re crossing our fingers that the weather isn’t brutally hot but if it is, at least it won’t be the end of the world to us since we’re used to it.

Will keep this updated, anyone that wants to meet up along the journey, wed love to. We will be trailering for this trip too!

Brett
Sponsored

MichaelAnthony

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon JLUR, 97 Centurion Dually 7.3, 97 Classy Chassis Dually 7.3, 2016 Ultra Classic CVO
Vehicle Showcase
My wife and I were sitting in the pool the other night trying to decide what we wanted to do for two weeks in July. All or most of the resorts in Mexico are still closed so that was out. She suggested going to glacier national park, I countered that if were going to drive that far, we might as well knock out the rubicon trail.

Once I showed her pics of Lake Tahoe, she was is. Our tentative plan is to drive to Colorado and run a couple badge trails, swing by Moab for a few days, stop in st. George Utah to see the guys at AAL and wheel sand hollow, from there go to South Lake Tahoe and run the rubicon trail. Once we’ve gotten there, we’re going to consider that the half way point and start heading home. Family wants to go Yosemite and sequoia national park, Grand Canyon, petrified natl park, big bend for another badge run, and hopefully stop in new bransfels for a day of fun at schlitterbahn!

We’re crossing our fingers that the weather isn’t brutally hot but if it is, at least it won’t be the end of the world to us since we’re used to it.

Will keep this updated, anyone that wants to meet up along the journey, wed love to. We will be trailering for this trip too!

Brett

Looking to go on a trip like that.... hopefully i will have what i need on my jeep by then..... If youre up for company let me know.... :like:

OP
OP
rustyshakelford

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
  • Banned

72Blazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72BlazerCrawler 72Blazer12V 88SBDuramax 18JLUR
Occupation
SLP
In for updates and pictures. Where do you wheel in Texas? I’d like to head up to HF and Wolfcaves in the fall.

Sponsored

OP
OP
rustyshakelford

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
  • Banned
In for updates and pictures. Where do you wheel in Texas? I’d like to head up to HF and Wolfcaves in the fall.
Those are pretty much the places to hit. I don’t mess with mud so that leaves out all the places near us, and NE Texas which is where gilmer is. We typically travel for the good spots

Brett

72Blazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
SLP
Haven’t wheeled the JL anywhere. But been in my full rock rig pretty much everywhere in Texas.

OP
OP
rustyshakelford

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
  • Banned
We havw 4 JLUR and a JKUR doing the Rubicon trail Moab the last two weeks of July.
Awesome. We’re planning on meeting up with the guys from Metalcloak for the rubicon! When are y’all planning on being there? Our tentative dates are 7/25-26

Brett

72Blazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
SLP
Awesome. We’re planning on meeting up with the guys from Metalcloak for the rubicon! When are y’all planning on being there? Our tentative dates are 7/25-26

Brett
X2. We will be there 7/29-8/1

Sponsored

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.

Brett
We are leaving Michigan on the 18th and will be at the Rubicon trail the 21 or 22. Unless we do Moab first then we would be there about the same time as you. The weather will determine which trails we do first.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Ya'll will have to leave a souvenir for the next guy to find.
Thats a good idea, maybe post the GPS location.... kind of like a JLwranglerforums geocache for the trails.

OP
OP
rustyshakelford

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
We are leaving Michigan on the 18th and will be at the Rubicon trail the 21 or 22. Unless we do Moab first then we would be there about the same time as you. The weather will determine which trails we do first.
We’re shooting to be in Colorado around 7/18-20 then Moab for 2-3 days before stopping in st George Utah on the way to rubicon

Brett
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.