Tragdor

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Lately I’ve been getting a lot of drivers who think I have my high beams on. I don’t, and don’t think that my factory halogens are than bright to begin with. I do have a 2.5” lift on the Jeep. Can the headlights be adjusted downward? Anyone else have this issue?
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
OP
OP
Tragdor

Tragdor

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the guidance! I’ll take a look and see if I can bring them down a bit.

MoJeepDust

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR, 00 XJ, 08 Avalanche, 76 CB550F
Occupation
Jeep Product Trainer
thanks! Ive been wondering that myself and keep forgetting to look it up! super easy!

JeepJL18

First Name
Jeep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I will not be participating in this forum as of 8/31/2018. It's been a fun ride, but it's time to move on. Take care. - Dustin
Occupation
I've adjusted mine and no more flashes anymore :)

$uicide$hift

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Lately I’ve been getting a lot of drivers who think I have my high beams on. I don’t, and don’t think that my factory halogens are than bright to begin with. I do have a 2.5” lift on the Jeep. Can the headlights be adjusted downward? Anyone else have this issue?
As you now know, yes they can be adjusted and they should be. From factory they "should" be set at the proper height. You raise your Jeep with a lift that cutoff they were set to is now higher and most likely is getting a lot of glare into oncoming traffic. That with uneven roads will make it even worse. Ever have a car behind you where their lights are not an issue and they go over a good hump in the road and it seems like they may have flashed you? Add that with a 2 inch lift and I can see you getting flashed.

A write-up from JW Speaker on adjusting your headlights beam properly can be found HERE
Sponsored