Sponsored

Other Chrysler key fobs for JL?

larrynjean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport
This may be a stupid question but can I just leave the fob inside the center console all the time and use a regular key to unlock the door? (I don’t have power locks) Will leaving it inside the Jeep drain the battery? Thanks
This is exactly what I do...Been doing it since May of 2018...NO dead battery yet...I also do the same exact thing with my 2018 Honda Ridgeline since Oct. 2017, AND ZERO PROBLEMS FOR ME...
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
This is exactly what I do...Been doing it since May of 2018...NO dead battery yet...I also do the same exact thing with my 2018 Honda Ridgeline since Oct. 2017, AND ZERO PROBLEMS FOR ME...
Famous last words...

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
This may be a stupid question but can I just leave the fob inside the center console all the time and use a regular key to unlock the door? (I don’t have power locks) Will leaving it inside the Jeep drain the battery? Thanks
Then all someone has to do to steal your jeep is slit the soft top open or smash a window out. I'm sure your insurance company would prefer you didn't do that.

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara

Sponsored

RubiZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Not sure why the key fobs are so big for the JL's. The only explanation I have is for self defence. Throw that at some dude and it will feel like getting hit by a cinder block - KNOCKOUT!!

mizzoujake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler 2dr, 2015 Grand Cherokee Altitude
Can't - at least my Jeep Grand Cherokee with proximity. If the keyfob is in the vehicle and you try to lock it, it signals a warning and unlocks it. Idiot protection so you don't lock the keys in the vehicle.

Maltahami

First Name
Mo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep rubicon
Has anybody had issue with back door not unlocking after driver door is unlocked with proximity?

Sponsored

47Jeepster

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR Diesel ... 2018 GC Summit
Occupation
Retired
Has anybody had issue with back door not unlocking after driver door is unlocked with proximity?
Go into "Settings" and find "Doors & Locks" ... now go down to the bottom of the list to "1st Press of Key Fob Unlocks" ... check mark "All Doors." Think that part of the settings was written by the "F" in FCA.

Oh, while you're at it, under "Sound Horn with Lock" check mark the "2nd Press" ... or check mark "Off." Don't be that driver in the parking lot at midnight blowing their horn when they lock the Jeep.

Maltahami

First Name
Mo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep rubicon
Go into "Settings" and find "Doors & Locks" ... now go down to the bottom of the list to "1st Press of Key Fob Unlocks" ... check mark "All Doors." Think that part of the settings was written by the "F" in FCA.

Oh, while you're at it, under "Sound Horn with Lock" check mark the "2nd Press" ... or check mark "Off." Don't be that driver in the parking lot at midnight blowing their horn when they lock the Jeep.
Thank u!!

smithrd65

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited JL. BMW Z4 35is, Tesla Model X90D, Chevy 2500 LTZ
If the key fob is to big sell the vehicle PROBLEM SOLVED.
A very Silly thread.

Guy N Cognito

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubi 2.0t
Maybe.....much more likely to get your Jeep stolen.
Sponsored