Jdpmitchell

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport
Hi Everybody,

I recently moved to the Pacific Northwest to Portland, Oregon and with the new move made the plunge and finally purchased a wonderful 2019 JLU with a few little perks.

A buddy of mine and I are into camping and are looking to start dabbling in some beginner trails here.

Do you guys have any beginner trail recommendations in Oregon, Washington, or the PNW that will help us get our feet wet and accustomed to what it is like? Anything would be greatly appreciated!

Also if you have any tips, apps, thoughts, or necessary gear that would help the trek that would also be greatly appreciated as well!

Thanks & much appreciated,
Jared
Sponsored

Jasonep

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Rubicon Unlimited
Hi Everybody,

I recently moved to the Pacific Northwest to Portland, Oregon and with the new move made the plunge and finally purchased a wonderful 2019 JLU with a few little perks.

A buddy of mine and I are into camping and are looking to start dabbling in some beginner trails here.

Do you guys have any beginner trail recommendations in Oregon, Washington, or the PNW that will help us get our feet wet and accustomed to what it is like? Anything would be greatly appreciated!

Also if you have any tips, apps, thoughts, or necessary gear that would help the trek that would also be greatly appreciated as well!

Thanks & much appreciated,
Jared
jared, I’ve been all over central and northern Washington around the cascades and a little bit East. I don’t get into southern Washington very much. If you pm me your email I can give you some details.

OP
OP
Jdpmitchell

Jdpmitchell

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport
jared, I’ve been all over central and northern Washington around the cascades and a little bit East. I don’t get into southern Washington very much. If you pm me your email I can give you some details.
Hi Jason, thanks for the response! I just sent you a PM.

OldBird

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
There are a ton of great trails around here, from easy to crazy, although most tend more toward the easier range. I'm at the foothills of Mt Rainier and have only hit a small percentage of the trails around even just this area.

If you're on Facebook, search up the NW Bone Stock Jeep Club - it's very beginner friendly and has members all over the PNW. It's set to private but you can request membership and answer a few questions for access.

Most of all, enjoy. Our scenery is beautiful:

Forest Service 70 near Rainier
lrGnjTs.jpg

Mud Mountain Road
bvSBMlO.jpg

Tahuya off road park on the peninsula
9Y6wqyB.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jdpmitchell

Jdpmitchell

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport
There are a ton of great trails around here, from easy to crazy, although most tend more toward the easier range. I'm at the foothills of Mt Rainier and have only hit a small percentage of the trails around even just this area.

If you're on Facebook, search up the NW Bone Stock Jeep Club - it's very beginner friendly and has members all over the PNW. It's set to private but you can request membership and answer a few questions for access.

Most of all, enjoy. Our scenery is beautiful:

Forest Service 70 near Rainier
lrGnjTs.jpg

Mud Mountain Road
bvSBMlO.jpg

Tahuya off road park on the peninsula
9Y6wqyB.jpg
Thanks for letting my know. I am planning to head up to Rainier &/or Olympia at some point (we will see when post-COVID) so this is definitely helpful. I am also going to check out the NW Bone Stock Jeep club. Sounds like a good vibe.

grscha

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Brown's Camp in the Tillamook State Forest is the OHV area closest to Portland and has a great variety of trails. I would recommend starting there once the stay-home order is lifted.

Also, Jones Creek outside of Vancouver (WA) supposedly has some Jeep trails now.

Hudson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
On FB, Jason Aubry runs the JL Wrangler - No BS group, nice friendly vibe. He and few others regularly do runs around Rainer, nice people and willing to share advice and tips.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jdpmitchell

Jdpmitchell

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport
Brown's Camp in the Tillamook State Forest is the OHV area closest to Portland and has a great variety of trails. I would recommend starting there once the stay-home order is lifted.

Also, Jones Creek outside of Vancouver (WA) supposedly has some Jeep trails now.
I definitely will check out both. This stay at home has given me all this time to compile a list and am chomping at the bit to get going on it... soon enough... hopefully at least.

OP
OP
Jdpmitchell

Jdpmitchell

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport
Here is INDOMINUS on Terwilliger just below my alma mater OHSU before her transformation:
029476E6-F7D0-4C26-BF72-82B1CA3EEEB8.jpeg

When we gonna do a PNW JLWF meetup? And where?
I like the idea! Maybe sometime in the future when 'stay at home' has been lifted and things have settled down.

Suffolklou

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR

Yes. This!

If you are in portland, Tillamook forest is an easy drive. They have easy to hard trails. Two Jeep Badge of Honor trails. Lots of camping. And even places to go shooting. Check into the required permits.

There is a you tuber called Coyote Works that camps in the Oregon desert all the time, check him out for inspiration.

Also look up the NW Overland rally. Great place to meet like minded folks.

OP
OP
Jdpmitchell

Jdpmitchell

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport
Yes. This!

If you are in portland, Tillamook forest is an easy drive. They have easy to hard trails. Two Jeep Badge of Honor trails. Lots of camping. And even places to go shooting. Check into the required permits.

There is a you tuber called Coyote Works that camps in the Oregon desert all the time, check him out for inspiration.

Thanks for the recommendations!! I definitely will check them all out: Tillamook, Coyote Works, and the NW Overland rally. They all sounds like great things.

OP
OP
Jdpmitchell

Jdpmitchell

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport
Yes. This!

Here are some useful links for future readers:

Tillamook Badge of Honor Trail: Cedar Tree #13 Review:
- http://jeepsies.com/cedar-tree-jeep-badge-of-honor-trail/

NW Overland Rally:
- http://www.nwoverlandrally.com/home.html

Coyote Works Youtube:
-
Sponsored