Sponsored

Ordred JTops Sunshade on 5/15, still no word????

Tacoman03

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR Recon 2022 Bronco Raptor
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone else being told that "there are a few orders ahead of yours.."???
Ordered 5/15, inquired on update on 5/31 when I was told a few orders ahead of mine.....it's 6/11, no word, no update......
Sponsored

Sting_NC_USA

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Ordered 5/15, inquired on update on 5/31 when I was told a few orders ahead of mine.....it's 6/11, no word, no update......
The reality of owning a new model and being an early adopter... (I remind myself frequently that these are first world problems!) ;)

For many vendors, the overwhelming popularity of the JL has created a demand that exceeds supply. JTops is no different. They are cranking out as many of these as they can, all while trying to maintain quality control. Small business owners seem to be taking the biggest hit. But, it isn't just small business owners feeling the heat. Companies such as Mopar, and other major brands, also seem to have encountered production delays while trying to keep up with the spike in accessory demands driven by record JL sales.

That said, the manner and professionalism in which vendors choose to share that an order is lagging, well that's a different story. It seems some vendors/manufacturers don't want to be candid and say "we're running seriously behind" because they fear the potential of losing sales and having that word spread all over social media. Yet, others are quite forthcoming, sharing realistic delivery potential.

The good news with JTops is that they make excellent products, and as much as we want our stuff now, the wait will be worth it. I for one, can't wait for their cargo cover to come out. Admittedly, patience isn't my strong point.

I hope your order gets here soon!

Jeepeninutah

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue
Ordered mine on May 5th and got it last week. Your getting closer :)

OP
OP
Tacoman03

Tacoman03

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the encouraging advice!!! I'm all about helping out smaller companies that put out great products, never considered cancelling, just excited to get the top off and sunshade on!!

Jeepeninutah

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue
Thanks for the encouraging advice!!! I'm all about helping out smaller companies that put out great products, never considered cancelling, just excited to get the top off and sunshade on!!
They told me they slowed production to make some quality changes. Felt good about the weight.

Sponsored

TReed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
They are charging customers when ordered and deliberately misleading them when it comes to timing. Shady.

Bubba33

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 jeep wrangler Sahara JL
They are charging customers when ordered and deliberately misleading them when it comes to timing. Shady.

I've ran into the same thing. The problem is when you ask when its going to be shipped, and you get told a date just to get the sale. I ordered one from another company and was told before I ordered it ,that it would ship the same week. 2 weeks later still not here. Only one company that I've delt with didn't run my card. The others all did without it being shipped. Had to cancel 3 different things and then get a refund.

Slyderzero1

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'54 Chevy PU, '07 HD FLHTCUI, '15 Ram 4x4, '18 Mojito Rubi
Vehicle Showcase
Cancel your order and demand a refund. Maybe they will decide that they need consumers to stay in business.

OP
OP
Tacoman03

Tacoman03

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Update :
Still no word....I'm all about supporting companies, but I'm a little surprised by this company since they are active on this Forum, etc.....35 days after order is a bit excessive...probably cancelling today....I'm patient, but it is almost the end of June!

OP
OP
Tacoman03

Tacoman03

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Update :
Still no word....I'm all about supporting companies, but I'm a little surprised by this company since they are active on this Forum, etc.....35 days after order is a bit excessive...probably cancelling today....I'm patient, but it is almost the end of June!
Finally got it last week and installed it over the weekend. It's nice, but not sure worth the wait or quality over some others that fellow Jeepsters have used. Haven't taken it out on the highway yet, so jury is out on high speed test.
Sponsored