Orders with half doors on delay

Kfoo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Willys
Tomorrow is the big day for me however it is sitting in my garage tonight already. I would love to show a picture with the half doors on but technically they're still in the back. Just in case the deal falls through. I'm just posting a picture of how much room the two door dual door owners have. I'll have some more pictures once it's actually mine. Somewhere back there better be a small box of parts of the cold air intake ..😆
20210604_175049.jpg
20210604_175110.jpg
Yikes! Are both seats pushed way forward? Can the passenger seat lock in place?
Sponsored

FunWagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
No doubt, but just curious if they will work. I want half doors, my wife wants a sky roof. Heck, it may be heavy, but can't the skyroof be removed similar to a hard top removal? My thought was sky roof with full doors, and half doors with no roof. Sounds perfect!
Sky one touch and half doors can be ordered together and cost about $8,000 together. It is Avery nice combination in my opinion. I debated for months about getting it. Ended up just doing half doors and soft top, but every time I see pictures of this combo I drool.

The Sky one touch is NOT removable by design, but there is a video on YouTube on how to remove it with tools. But the whole point is with one button touch the roof fabric retracts back and the rear side windows are easily removable. Only thing I don’t like is rear tailgate window is NOT removable by design, but again 2 YouTube videos show how to remove with simple tools.

Tomorrow is the big day for me however it is sitting in my garage tonight already. I would love to show a picture with the half doors on but technically they're still in the back. Just in case the deal falls through. I'm just posting a picture of how much room the two door dual door owners have. I'll have some more pictures once it's actually mine. Somewhere back there better be a small box of parts of the cold air intake ..😆
20210604_175049.jpg
20210604_175110.jpg
Woo hoo. Thanks for sharing picture. It is very tight.

taxjoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2-door Wrangler Rubicon (ordered 4/3/21)
20210604_175049.jpg
20210604_175110.jpg
Wow!! So glad you posted pictures with the half door boxes. Very interesting and excited for you. Alas, mine in still in shipping with an estimated arrival date at my dealer on 6/15/21. Really hoping mine will get here before then.

ShaunBJeeps

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee X4, 2017 GMC Sierra
Well Guys, I got some great news today. My Jeep is in the shipping stage with an ETA of 6/2-6/16. That's will put Order to delivery right around 1 month, as I placed my order on 5/11. My next update with pics! I hope everyone else's orders start getting delivered very soon!

Sponsored

FunWagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
My Jeep (half doors of course, soft top, manual) arrived at dealership earlier this week, but picking up next weekend.

1 hr drive, 2 hr flight, 1 hr drive, pickup, 8 hr drive back home….all for 6% below invoice… ha ha… there better be no surprises from dealership.

taxjoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2-door Wrangler Rubicon (ordered 4/3/21)
20210604_175049.jpg
20210604_175110.jpg
I did not realize you ordered the cold air intake. I would really like to see pictures of it. I assume you have a manual transmission. I wanted to order it on mine but the cold air intake is not available from the factory with the etorque V6 (with automatic). I am contemplating installing it later but fear that it won't fit. There are some vendors that say it will fit but if it did, why didn't jeep allow you to order it from the factory? Also, do you plan to install the hood mounted intake?

FunWagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
I don’t have it yet but dealer sent me some pictures. Notice how packed it is with boxes. Comparing to other’s pictures, I’m not sure they pack boxes the same behind driver seat.

Jeep Wrangler JL Orders with half doors on delay 4E6652F4-C649-46A5-BAF2-9CDFDABD7F2E
Jeep Wrangler JL Orders with half doors on delay F796326B-C874-4618-80F3-8EE8D4C536B7
Jeep Wrangler JL Orders with half doors on delay 14600C82-9098-4294-A50B-221EB82051D4
Jeep Wrangler JL Orders with half doors on delay 05F96898-25F3-476F-A47E-B35600DD358D
Jeep Wrangler JL Orders with half doors on delay BBA72F88-9BEA-4CF5-8DA1-118E54C8A737
Jeep Wrangler JL Orders with half doors on delay C17E5490-1DC0-48E4-942E-F5126C47D93A
Jeep Wrangler JL Orders with half doors on delay 4309F784-D4F6-49D3-A317-E4793D506EA0

ВџУМεΆј℮℮℗

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMC GREMLIN, GMC SIERRA, 21 WILLYS
My cold air intake pieces were missing. Meaning the pieces that are for the hood. But the meat and potatoes of the cold air intake are installed. I'm working with the dealer now. The dealer is trying to figure out who is responsible for paying for the replacement pieces if it's there or if it's the factory. Or at least that's better be what's going on.. and currently my Jeep is getting some clear bra on it. I didn't want to post any pictures unless the half doors are on. Hopefully when I get the Jeep back I'll put the half doors on. I also ordered the premium twill soft top. Which should be here in a few weeks or less. Not as worried about that. ="taxjoc, post: 1533140, member: 62818"]
I did not realize you ordered the cold air intake. I would really like to see pictures of it. I assume you have a manual transmission. I wanted to order it on mine but the cold air intake is not available from the factory with the etorque V6 (with automatic). I am contemplating installing it later but fear that it won't fit. There are some vendors that say it will fit but if it did, why didn't jeep allow you to order it from the factory? Also, do you plan to install the hood mounted intake?
[/QUOTE]

Sponsored

Gfcronus

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Go cart.
Who’s recently ordered dual door package and is still waiting? Chime in and then give updates if it actually progresses.
I ordered 2dr JLR with half doors on 5/4 with no finish line in site.
Ordered a JLUR with half doors on 4/16. Arrived at the dealership 6/10. It was in D status for a while. Might have been the manual tranny as well.

FunWagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
I picked my JLUR manual with half doors today. Nice to see others ordered same since it is more rare to see.

FunWagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
ABOUT BOXES OF HALF DOORS

How many boxes? What’s inside?

So there are six boxes, two big, two medium and two small. Small box has an upper. Medium box has a door. Big box has a door and upper.

NOTE: I did not check in detail yet for any and all small parts in boxes.

Jeep Wrangler JL Orders with half doors on delay C89CADA8-EBF7-41AF-B458-117B5E5F8854

How boxes stuffed in Jeep?

FRONT = Front of Jeep. Right behind front seats.
BACK = Back of Jeep. All the way to tailgate.

Jeep is stuffed front to back, bottom to top with rear seats folded down.

Jeep Wrangler JL Orders with half doors on delay EFD8895E-7367-456F-8857-F20DFEF14908

Jeep Wrangler JL Orders with half doors on delay 95EB2920-78D0-4EFB-A774-9EDE0459A3FE

Jeep Wrangler JL Orders with half doors on delay B28C3F7A-A84D-4B3F-9EDB-577FE3568873

How is driving position with boxes?

I’m 6’2” and driver seating space was tight with seat-back too vertical but seat bottom slid back enough.

How to make more space?

I initially though of opening small boxes of uppers, but realized they weren’t the problem. The problem was the medium boxes of doors, which I wasn’t going to open.

Solution ended up being very simple. I was able to slide everything back two inches or so, which made a world of a difference allowing me to slant the seat-back more. I drove like this 8 hours from dealer to home comfortably. If you have a soft top like me then you need to be careful that the top of the box in the back does not poke at the plastic window above the tailgate.

ShaunBJeeps

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee X4, 2017 GMC Sierra
Got my doors installed on our new Jeep. Now I gotta put the full doors back on because the wife doesn’t want to drive to work all week with them on.

BBFB110C-7972-45ED-869E-AC53480828B0.jpeg

Themallcrawler

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2-Door JL
Fantastic thread all.

1. Is the general consensus that the factory half doors are better than anything after-market?
  2. It looks like deliveries with half doors are no longer delayed. Some of you are getting them in about 6 weeks, correct?
Sponsored