Sponsored

Orders with half doors on delay

FunWagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
You know it’s bad when you start recognizing all the Jeep Chat representatives. I need to get my mind off of this.

Anyways, notice last line below from today:
Jeep Wrangler JL Orders with half doors on delay BFA8A62D-EC91-4D97-B6D4-2B6362D27EE9
Sponsored

lpasq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLR - Prior: XJ | TJ
My February order took 60 days to get to MA and I didn't have dual doors.
For us, at the time we ordered, and as it started to go long, my dealer claimed the chip shortage issue was possibly impacting my build because I had the Advanced Safety Group, or the backlog of stick shifts built and waiting to be flashed the recall had clogged the shipping/delivery logistics (mine in not a manual), or the lag related to dual doors coming from the Mopar factory and later painted and keyed to my Jeep after off the main assembly line. Bottom line, I have no idea why it took 66 days.

FunWagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK

ВџУМεΆј℮℮℗

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMC GREMLIN, GMC SIERRA, 21 WILLYS
I'm at 45 days total. But I want to say I've been in JB status for 3 weeks. I haven't gotten any messages saying we can elevate it up. As far as manual transmission thing. The 2021 have a different part number than the 2020s for the clutch and flywheel I believe. So hopefully it doesn't need to be flashed and they actually put in a better clutch. But I'll hold my breath. Hopefully these doors show up so I can move out of this forum section. I'll probably start hanging out in "Issues, Repairs, Warranty, TSB, Recalls"... lol

Kfoo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Willys
I'm at 45 days total. But I want to say I've been in JB status for 3 weeks. I haven't gotten any messages saying we can elevate it up. As far as manual transmission thing. The 2021 have a different part number than the 2020s for the clutch and flywheel I believe. So hopefully it doesn't need to be flashed and they actually put in a better clutch. But I'll hold my breath. Hopefully these doors show up so I can move out of this forum section. I'll probably start hanging out in "Issues, Repairs, Warranty, TSB, Recalls"... lol
I checked in with JC yesterday and mentioned that my order has been in JB for over two weeks and the agent opened a case about it. I am to expect an email from them. Maybe you can mention it if you haven't tried? It might be agent dependent since some other members reported varying ETAs from JC.

Sponsored

crazyjas

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 392
I was in JB status for about three weeks until I checked yesterday morning and I had a window sticker!:rock: Dealer confirmed I was in KBZ!!! Somebody in another forum mentioned that their order was in JB status at the "Argus plant". After some research it appears that this Argus plant is across the street from the Toledo Assy. plant; you can see in pictures there is a press that a worker is using on a freedom roof panel possible installing the headliner option. Its my assumption the Argus group assembles the door panels i.e. keyed alike lock etc. as well as installing other "Optional Equipment such as Mopar Headliner, Trail Rails, hinge gate reinforcement and maybe even to tow hitch? So based on my assumption, depending on how many of these items are in your build that are installed by a third party could account for the delay in JB status.

1620997602508.png

FunWagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
I checked in with JC yesterday and mentioned that my order has been in JB for over two weeks and the agent opened a case about it. I am to expect an email from them. Maybe you can mention it if you haven't tried? It might be agent dependent since some other members reported varying ETAs from JC.
I tried twice politely and they won’t budge. It’s been 14 days in the status waiting for additional equipment install thing. I’ll just have to be patient.

OP
OP

Hydro_Kyle

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2d Rubicon
My February order took 60 days to get to MA and I didn't have dual doors.

Auto manufacturers don't build in batches anymore, it is a just in time manufacturer. Many factor go into schedule in addition to availability of parts. Wrangler aren't built in order to when a order is placed.. It could be another option or an option that you didn't order (parts are needed for base models too), they also align production with shipping. So it maybe quick one week to your location, a week later it could be slower to the same location.

Many car get held up for weeks for various reasons between buildsheet and window sticker. Many times it due failed quality control which Jeep Chat is not going to let you know about. If there was a significant shortage of doors, Jeep would be putting already built Jeep waiting in storage. (6MT clutch stop sale, 4Xe and 392 were all put in storage) I am actually surprised with all the various shortages around the world, that there aren't more delays.
I like that they at minimum make the orders priority over lot supply. This
I told my wife to expect my brand new Jeep to be in the shop. She says, “are you shitting me?” Hahaha oh boy. We come from a Honda Pilot that has only ever seen routine maintenance.

Sponsored

ВџУМεΆј℮℮℗

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I said the magic key words yesterday 2 Jeep chat. Which gives me a human contact I'm assuming. And the human contact sent me an email saying basically if he hears anything about production. He'll then send me an email. But he's not going to go ask production "hey what's the stoppage". And if I was a betting man. Watch the price that half doors go up like two hundred bucks.. And here is a nightmare scenario. It's say you ordered doors and they are supposed to be snazzberry. And we're still waiting and it's already middle June. It's say for the next 22 model year they don't offer the Snazzberry. Maybe they ran out of snazzberry a week or two earlier. What is going to happen?

taxjoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2-door Wrangler Rubicon (ordered 4/3/21)
Well, I have some news. I guess I said some magic words to Jeep Chat because on May 7, 2021, U.S. Customer Care [Stellantis] sent me an email with a letter attached indicating that the purpose of the email was to provide me with "...the estimated delivery date of your Wrangler. Based on our most recent information, your vehicle is to arrive at [my dealer] the week of 6/3/21."

Now, I never received this email yet in the body of the letter it lists my correct email address. I even checked my spam filter and there is no email from Jeep. However, this past Friday, 5/14/21, I sent my weekly text to my dealer asking for a status update. He told me it was still in JB status but also asked if I received the email from Stellantis. I told him I did not so then he sent me via text a copy of the letter attached to the email he received. I can't attach it here because it is in ".heic" format and I can't seem to covert to a format that I can save to my computer to then attach to a post here.

In any event it is to arrive the "week of 6/3/21." When i think of "the week of" I usually think the week beginning with a Monday yet here Jeep is telling me the week of beginning on a Thursday. So, I am not really sure what to think. Counting today, I have been in JB status for 21 days (3 weeks). If we assume 6/3/21 is the last day of the two week shipping window, then I predict my window sticker will be published sometime between 5/17/21 and 5/21/21. Fingers crossed.

ВџУМεΆј℮℮℗

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you are on a PC. You should be able to take a screenshot of the window using a Snipping tool. Or if you have the stuff you can print it and maybe save it as a PDF. Or physically printed. You something like can scanner from your cell phone. Which will take a picture of it and then you can convert it into a PDF or possibly with the option to use OCR then cut and paste that text.. or we just take your word for it LOL. Hopefully something happens in the next few weeks. I'm kind of an impulsive guy and I would like to get this Jeep before the 2 door Ford Bronco start showing up.

Archeonomy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vanderhall
Watch the price that half doors go up like two hundred bucks.. And here is a nightmare scenario. It's say you ordered doors and they are supposed to be snazzberry. And we're still waiting and it's already middle June. It's say for the next 22 model year they don't offer the Snazzberry. Maybe they ran out of snazzberry a week or two earlier. What is going to happen?
IMO it's not worth obsessing about everything that can go wrong. It won't help, and it will give you agita. You just need to be patient and let the situation play out.
Sponsored