Orders with half doors on delay

Hydro_Kyle

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2d Rubicon
Who’s recently ordered dual door package and is still waiting? Chime in and then give updates if it actually progresses.
I ordered 2dr JLR with half doors on 5/4 with no finish line in site.
Sponsored

lpasq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLR - Prior: XJ | TJ
My late Feb order with dual door group took 66 days to get to my SoCal dealer...for what's worth...

FunWagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
Ordered 4/13

Stuck in the following status for about two weeks so far:

Jeep Wrangler JL Orders with half doors on delay 12339CB8-A51B-4604-83F7-4DD0B5D64EB8

I ordered an Unlimited Rubicon, white, soft top, dual doors.

Once ready I am traveling 8 hours across 5 states to pick it up for a better deal (hope it’s worth it).

I am considering the following modifications:
  • Clayton Off Road Overland+ lift kit
  • Old Man Emu BP-51 shocks (maybe)
  • BFGoodrich KM3 37x12.50R17 tires
  • Fifteen52 Analog wheels

Sponsored

OP
OP

Hydro_Kyle

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2d Rubicon
Dude, it has only been a week. The people who ordered them in late fall who had to wait until February were delayed.
I know, I pulled this per recommendation out of the “normal “order thread because for now it seems to be a specific option holding people up. I don’t expect it any sooner.

ВџУМεΆј℮℮℗

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMC GREMLIN, GMC SIERRA, 21 WILLYS
I'm assuming the first run of half doors is gone. So now there's a new group who that's all we're waiting for is half doors. And people who aren't ordering half doors are getting their Jeeps already. Some of them even three to four weeks time

taxjoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2-door Wrangler Rubicon (ordered 4/3/21)
OK, well I will chime in on the "half door delay club" also known as the abyss.
Ordered: Saturday, 4/3/21
Paint: Wednesday, 4/21/21
Build complete: Friday, 4/23/21
Build sheet published: Friday, 4/23/21
JB status (waiting for parts to be installed): Monday, 4/26/21
As of Tuesday morning, 5/11/21 still in JB status (16 days)

Jeep Chat has told me that it will be in this status: "2 weeks;" "3 weeks;" "12 days;" "14 days;" and "16 to 20 days." Obviously they don't know what they are talking about.

2-door Rubicon, Snazzberry, half doors, 3.6 eTorque, cold weather, both safety groups, and most other options.

Really hoping someone in this club will get their window sticker published soon. Whoever gets their window sticker published, please post a picture of it. I will do the same.

FunWagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
@JeepCares

Dear JeepCares,

There are a handful of us here on the forum (and growing daily) that are experiencing delays on Wrangler orders including half doors. We all keep getting the same generic response from JeepChat and our dealers. Is there any way you could look into it and tell us more about what is happening? We are an eager bunch who love Jeeps and can’t wait for ours to arrive. We picture in our heads a whole bunch of Jeeps completely built, sitting in some holding parking lot for weeks, waiting for boxes of half doors to be thrown in the trunk so they can get shipped. These are sold orders with the dual door group option.

ShaunBJeeps

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee X4, 2017 GMC Sierra
I placed my order on 5/11 and received my VIN on 5/12. JLURD with just about every option including dual door group with premium uppers. I don't consider myself part of the delay club since it's only been 1 day, but I wanted to go ahead and join this thread so I can keep things updated!

Here's to us all getting out Jeeps in time to enjoy most of the summer!

Sponsored

OP
OP

Hydro_Kyle

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2d Rubicon
I placed my order on 5/11 and received my VIN on 5/12. JLURD with just about every option including dual door group with premium uppers. I don't consider myself part of the delay club since it's only been 1 day, but I wanted to go ahead and join this thread so I can keep things updated!

Here's to us all getting out Jeeps in time to enjoy most of the summer!
Same goes for me, not in the delay club yet but it seems that the half door option is slowing delivery down compared to orders with half door options.

taxjoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2-door Wrangler Rubicon (ordered 4/3/21)
Well, checking with Jeep Chat just now a new twist. The agent said:

"Thank you so much for holding. I am showing that your vehicle has been built and is pending installation of additional equipment. This is a necessary step when additional features or optional equipment packages are added to the vehicle. Currently no Dealer ETA has been provided. Please reach out to the Selling Dealer as they may have a more accurate date of arrival or status for you. But i am showing it is getting ready for the rails, so it should jump into shipping any day now"

The underlined part is new.

OP
OP

Hydro_Kyle

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2d Rubicon
Well, checking with Jeep Chat just now a new twist. The agent said:

"Thank you so much for holding. I am showing that your vehicle has been built and is pending installation of additional equipment. This is a necessary step when additional features or optional equipment packages are added to the vehicle. Currently no Dealer ETA has been provided. Please reach out to the Selling Dealer as they may have a more accurate date of arrival or status for you. But i am showing it is getting ready for the rails, so it should jump into shipping any day now"

The underlined part is new.
Just ship the Jeep and deliver the doors later🤔🤔.

hybrid3.0

First Name
Erin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JGC
Half doors are cool but I went with Mopar tube doors for those doors-off days as I wanted some degree of protection when driving on the street,. Even for you guys who are driving in the desert I would think your interior would be covered in dirt in no time, right? Anyway, my 4xe ordered Jan 4 was delivered April 16 so it took major discipline to ‘let it ride’ until my salesman called that the Jeep was in!

dgoodhue

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 80th JLU
My late Feb order with dual door group took 66 days to get to my SoCal dealer...for what's worth...
My February order took 60 days to get to MA and I didn't have dual doors.

I'm assuming the first run of half doors is gone. So now there's a new group who that's all we're waiting for is half doors.
Auto manufacturers don't build in batches anymore, it is a just in time manufacturer. Many factor go into schedule in addition to availability of parts. Wrangler aren't built in order to when a order is placed.. It could be another option or an option that you didn't order (parts are needed for base models too), they also align production with shipping. So it maybe quick one week to your location, a week later it could be slower to the same location.

Many car get held up for weeks for various reasons between buildsheet and window sticker. Many times it due failed quality control which Jeep Chat is not going to let you know about. If there was a significant shortage of doors, Jeep would be putting already built Jeep waiting in storage. (6MT clutch stop sale, 4Xe and 392 were all put in storage) I am actually surprised with all the various shortages around the world, that there aren't more delays.
Sponsored