Ordering Upgrades without a Jeep?

Yeldawb

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JL
Thought all my Jeep Friends would like to know that I just ordered the following:
LoD Destroyer Rock Sliders
Baja Design Amber LP6 Driving Combo (set of course) with wiring kit for Aux switches
Maximus-3 tow hooks for flat towing
7.5K Blue Ox Aluminum tow bar, Patriot-3 and wiring harness

The funniest thing is, I still donā€™t have my Jeep! New schedule has it to the dealership by 26 Oct, but who knows, already been hood-winked onceā€¦.
Sponsored

Opus

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jlwranglerforums.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sport S, 2021 Compass
Build Thread
Link
Thought all my Jeep Friends would like to know that I just ordered the following:
Baja Design Amber LP6 Driving Combo (set of course) with wiring kit for Aux switches

The funniest thing is, I still donā€™t have my Jeep! New schedule has it to the dealership by 26 Oct, but who knows, already been hood-winked onceā€¦.
I'm glad that AllMoparParts.com has updated their site for MY 23s. I wish other sites would as well. I know there shouldn't be any drastic changes, but I'm hesitant to order something from a site that only lists 22 compatibility.

OP
OP
Yeldawb

Yeldawb

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JL
I'm glad that AllMoparParts.com has updated their site for MY 23s. I wish other sites would as well. I know there shouldn't be any drastic changes, but I'm hesitant to order something from a site that only lists 22 compatibility.
Sadly Opus, my Jeep (ordered) is a 22ā€¦..sitting in a yard waiting on a truck! As far as ordering upgrades for your 23, you are probably safe to do so, no major changes are planned, but I would hold up. There is still a long list of us with 22s still not delivered.
Cheers!

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
I spent probably $500 or so on pre-Jeep accessory purchases. I felt a bit guilty for doing so, but later found a thread discussing what other guys had spent before taking delivery of their own Wranglers.

When I saw photos of boxes filling garages, and estimates of $2 - 6 thousand on such purchases, I felt a lot better about my measly five C-notes. šŸ˜Ž

Opus

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jlwranglerforums.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sport S, 2021 Compass
Build Thread
Link
Sadly Opus, my Jeep (ordered) is a 22ā€¦..sitting in a yard waiting on a truck! As far as ordering upgrades for your 23, you are probably safe to do so, no major changes are planned, but I would hold up. There is still a long list of us with 22s still not delivered.
Cheers!
Well... look at it this way. At least you can be relatively confident that all those shiny new parts will fit with no issues. šŸ‘

Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Nice start! I had tires. wheels, and steps prior to our Jeep arriving, it's actually kinda cool having that lead time to start planning your Jeeps' future,
Congrats on the order, enjoy the journey!

Storm Cloud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR 4xe
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Lawyer

Nothing weird about that. I've been ordering parts for months for a 2022 that I ended up cancelling for a 2023. 6 months later and this is my garage....

And that's not even including the things I have hidden away so the wife doesn't get any more freaked out!
Jeep Wrangler JL Ordering Upgrades without a Jeep? IMG_1535

Storm Cloud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR 4xe
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Lawyer
I spent probably $500 or so on pre-Jeep accessory purchases. I felt a bit guilty for doing so, but later found a thread discussing what other guys had spent before taking delivery of their own Wranglers.

When I saw photos of boxes filling garages, and estimates of $2 - 6 thousand on such purchases, I felt a lot better about my measly five C-notes. šŸ˜Ž
Rookies... :LOL:

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Rookies... :LOL:
Maybe so, but I actually took delivery of a Jeep and nothing needed hidden from the Missus.

It all comes out in the wash, mate. ;)

Sponsored

Tool Guy

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2020 BMW Z4, 2021 Tacoma, 2022 X3 M40i
I had ordered nearly $8k worth of upgrades before Carvana shipped my 2019 Jeep in early July. Within 3 weeks of owning the Jeep it was on the way to Rubicon with over $10k of upgrades.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
I was more poking fun at myself. No disrespect intended. :like:
None taken, Sir. I certainly wouldn't mind playing catch-up with your stash.

M_Pluto

First Name
Jayne Cobb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Earl JLUR w/MT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cultural Heritage Researcher
Nothing weird about that. I've been ordering parts for months for a 2022 that I ended up cancelling for a 2023. 6 months later and this is my garage....

And that's not even including the things I have hidden away so the wife doesn't get any more freaked out!
IMG_1535.jpg
Well, most of it should be fine and fit with the '23 at least then, right? šŸ™ˆšŸ¤£

Also, in debating on making some purchases in the near future before my jeep arrives. It's either buy Mods right now, or save a bigger deposit for when it arrives.....

Storm Cloud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR 4xe
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Lawyer
None taken, Sir. I certainly wouldn't mind playing catch-up with your stash.
It's been a lot of fun planning and buying everything, but I've learned the hard way that this is an expensive and addictive hobby. I think it would have been even better getting the vehicle first and then buying things one at a time, but I have had so much time on my hands waiting and window shopping other builds on these forums, that I can't seem to stop myself. Every time I think I'm "done" I find something else to add to my wish list! I'm a sick man and I need help.... lol
Sponsored