Sponsored

Ordering the JLU in NYC Metro Area - Best Options?

jmxnyc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ready to order JLU
Hey everyone,

I've heard that using a dealership further from Manhattan can get you a better deal $-wise -- any truth to this? I'm willing to drive up to 50 miles for the right dealership to order/buy the 18 JLU. Any other tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
John
Sponsored

JaybearWL

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara 2.0t
I watched a youtube video the other day of a guy who went from Philadelphia to Koons in Virginia to land a 5% below invoice deal, sounds like Koons (at least on JKs) will do 7% off invoice for most packages except uber nice ones like the Rubi Hard Rock.

Bake into that the fact that you'll have to get to Virginia and then tack on miles / gas to get it back to NYC and weigh whether it's actually a discount.

James

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2018 Jaguar XE, 2018 Fiat 500E
Occupation
Real Estate Broker
My thoughts are the dealerships are not going to offer any discounts at first.
They will wait to see what the demand is and go from there
If your ordering one like myself you should expect to pay window sticker.
If your willing to wait a few months that is when they typically start to offer deals or discounts.
If their is a huge demand you could pay over window.

WaltA

First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Rubicon X, 2003 Mustang GT, 2003 MINI Cooper
I watched a youtube video the other day of a guy who went from Philadelphia to Koons in Virginia to land a 5% below invoice deal, sounds like Koons (at least on JKs) will do 7% off invoice for most packages except uber nice ones like the Rubi Hard Rock.

Bake into that the fact that you'll have to get to Virginia and then tack on miles / gas to get it back to NYC and weigh whether it's actually a discount.
Also factor in that Koon's charges a $500 fee, which negates some of the percentage discount.

Ninty3saleen

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 f350,2016 vw Tiguan
We live in Virginia now. Originally from upstate ny. We ordered our JL from sureskys in Goshen ny as I refuse to pay va dealer fees in excess of 500.00. Gave us 1% under invoice and our JL will be their first delivery. They have 15 on order. Dec 19 scheduled ship date for our Sahara.

Sponsored

Jabs

First Name
Jabs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Koons is the kind of dealership that sells higher then MSRP when a new car comes out. They tried to do that with my corvette so I just went somewhere else.

Not only that, l went there a few weeks ago and the sales guy told me there is no new wrangler...

mrnoodley

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜12 JK 18 JL (ordered)
Hey everyone,

I've heard that using a dealership further from Manhattan can get you a better deal $-wise -- any truth to this? I'm willing to drive up to 50 miles for the right dealership to order/buy the 18 JLU. Any other tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
John
Go see my guy Brendan at Buhler in Hazlet, NJ. Iā€™ve bought 5 or 6 Jeeps from him and heā€™s super easy to work with.

Tell him Mike from Globex sent you

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link

That is a group buy deal for the JK and they haven't announced whether they will continue for the JL or not. It is currently only on factor orders.

Also factor in that it is a new model and you will be pretty far from the dealer if there are issues.

snelldogg

First Name
greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GC Sahara ETA 2/3
Hey everyone,

Thanks,
John
\

This dealer is in East Hanover NJ, about 35 mins from manhattan. hope this helps. Happy hunting

NJ (Northern) Group Buy Invoice -3% Deal.

No Games, No ancillary Fees and No processing numbers of any kind.

The GM appointed one of his sales people to handle all orders and processing. Vito is great and very knowledgeable.

Email is best: [email protected]

I donā€™t suggest calling and no other sales people there will be aware of this. This deal is for 2018 JL orders only. Obviously there is no stock on the ground yet...

Details:

-3.0% off invoice

No Processing/Dealer Fee

TTL Fees are all standard (not a revenue stream) and dependent on state the vehicle is registered.

DOC Fees are $398

$500 Deposit

In order to secure this price mention ā€œJLSellingā€ in the header of the email
Sponsored