ynygma

First Name
Baylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2021
Hello all,

When I go to pick up the Jeep, if something were to fall through, or between now and then, something comes up, can you cancel the order and you would just be out the deposit?
Sponsored

dgoodhue

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 80th JLU
Yes, I would assume one would lose the deposit if you cancelled. Some dealers may even refund the deposit as well.

dgoodhue

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 80th JLU
The deposit absolutely should go towards the price. If you do order a vehicle make sure you and the dealer agree to the pricing in writing before placing the order.

BuyHold

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2-Dr Rubi, '23 JTM
I suggest you ask your dealer since it is part of the "agreement" between you and them.

I placed a Factory Order and my experience was that deposit was credited against purchase prices of vehicle and was refundable if order was not delivered. I would be surprised if a dealer wouldn't credit the deposit to the purchase but would not be surprised if, for whatever reason, a dealer said deposit was non-refundable (seems not customer friendly but hypothetically, you are ordering something that might not be what they would want to have on their lot and that could be hard to move).
Sponsored