Ordering Out of State

Burandtman

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I am considering ordering a 2020 Wrangler out of state for a deal but I am wondering for those who have or are doing this, how will you inspect the vehicle if it is being shipped from the remote dealer? Do you feel comfortable paying in full for the vehicle before a test drive/personal inspection?
Sponsored

pokey02

First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 JCW, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
I am considering ordering a 2020 Wrangler out of state for a deal but I am wondering for those who have or are doing this, how will you inspect the vehicle if it is being shipped from the remote dealer? Do you feel comfortable paying in full for the vehicle before a test drive/personal inspection?
I live in Florida and ordered from a dealer in MD. I flew up, did the inspection, completed the paperwork and drove the jeep home.

I didn't like the idea of parting with my money before getting to see the vehicle firsthand. I'm sure others might be able to chime in about how they handled the transaction.

offset_98

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara, 1993 Nissan 300ZX, 2015 Subaru Outback, 2011 Toyota Sienna
Thinking back, 5 of my last 7 vehicles have been purchased out of state. No issues. I've always jumped on the forums for those vehicles, searched out the reputable dealers the enthusiasts use and go that route.

NavyChief

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Wrangler 2dr
We just did that in CA from here in FL. You can’t drive them home out of CA unless they meet you at the state line or you pay CA taxes but we felt safe shipping being a new vehicle at a dealer vs a used vehicle. I’ve bought used out of state but have paid for an inspection on those.
Just make sure you inspect off the transporter (in daylight and not raining before you accept) for damage in shipping as I had a new truck shipped from a dealer once and the transport company scratched it by driving past a tree overhanging the road so they paid to buff it from a mobile detailing guy.

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Looking at Jeep stuff all day
Vehicle Showcase
We just did that in CA from here in FL. You can’t drive them home out of CA unless they meet you at the state line or you pay CA taxes but we felt safe shipping being a new vehicle at a dealer vs a used vehicle. I’ve bought used out of state but have paid for an inspection on those.
Just make sure you inspect off the transporter (in daylight and not raining before you accept) for damage in shipping as I had a new truck shipped from a dealer once and the transport company scratched it by driving past a tree overhanging the road so they paid to buff it from a mobile detailing guy.
What ca dealer did you work with and how good of a deal did you get? I am striking out big time in ca

Sponsored

NavyChief

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Wrangler 2dr
What ca dealer did you work with and how good of a deal did you get? I am striking out big time in ca
Elk Grove CDJ and the salesman was Tom Price. The amount you pay is what they have listed on the website. I didn’t negotiate as it was already 8% below invoice.

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Looking at Jeep stuff all day
Vehicle Showcase
Elk Grove CDJ and the salesman was Tom Price. The amount you pay is what they have listed on the website. I didn’t negotiate as it was already 8% below invoice.
Wow great find.. they have it right on the site.. thanks chief
Sponsored