Sponsored

Ordering JLUR 2.0 Turbo Engine soon, and have a few questions please:)

ynygma

First Name
Baylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2021
I’m including options that either I can’t add aftermarket or I don’t want to mess with:
https://www.jeep.com/bmo.wrangler.2...P,ADE,AD6,AJ1,RC4,HT1,NHK,GXD,XBM,ADH,CHD,22R

So that said, I was going to leave the engine block heater out (since I’m in Texas)and I can add aftermarket later if needed. It is only 95$ extra though so...do I need it?

Secondly, can I add the Cold Air Intake aftermarket or should I not be concerned to get one?

I can do steel bumper, off road camera, etc later if I want.
Sponsored

Hogdreamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Cherokee, 2021 Sahara Altitude
I live in Minnesota and I didn't see a need for the engine block heater. My Wrangler is kept in a garage at night. If it was stored outside I may have ordered it.

I did order the front camera though. I've read that installing one after the fact can be a pain.

Currently I use mine while pulling into the garage. Or at the gas station today when I had to pull out with cars close around me.

swflfireguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Retired Fireman
Vehicle Showcase
The CAI can be put on afterwards, but the engine won't take in any more air than it can get rid of, so if you want more airflow, get a freer-flowing exhaust too.

OP
OP
ynygma

ynygma

First Name
Baylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2021
What option is the freer flowing exhaust on the build sheet or are you saying do that aftermarket?

Sponsored

drivingfool

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4XE Rubi
I suggest adding the trail cam, the hd elec/trailer tow, and cold weather.

BenDiem

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 991.2TT; 23 EVO RWD
Occupation
US Gov’t Contractor & Gym Rat
My 2 pfennig:

1. Engine Block Heater: save your $, u live in TX - not necessary.
2. Cold Air Intake: save ur $, unless u plan to add an aftermarket performance exhaust/cat back/axleback. Performance increase will still be negligible. Only benefit is if u want ear/eye candy, period. Purchase this after your Jeep order/purchase. I like ear/eye candy so I’m all in on this. Can’t stand the sight of the stock suitcase muffler.
3. Steel Bumper/Front Camera: can’t give u advice there. I’m not interested in mounting a front bumper winch, and I don’t need a front camera. YMMV
GL/cheers,
B
Sponsored