Sponsored

Ordering first JLU

itsooh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 BMW335i, 2021 JLU Rubicon
Hello All,

I need suggestions and recommendations on my first JLU order. So much to research as first timer.
I am looking for either Willys or Rubicon. It will be depends on my budget and offer from dealers.
However, I have hard time to decide which option package is must go with.

First things I want are Cold Weather and Safety packages.

Then, not sure about LED lighting package and Trailer-Tow package.
For LED, is it worth to have it or is it better to go with Oracles or similar for headlight and fog light? and replace fender light bulbs?
I think tail lights comes with safety package.

For Trailer-Tow, I need hitch for bike rack. but I am thinking....something might happen later or resale value etc....

Are there any other items that I need to consider?

Thank you,
Sponsored

runningshoes

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I'd start with the budget and figure out what you can get with that amount. Then you prioritize your secondary needs based on the feedback you get. I do agree that the heated seats/steering wheel and basic safety package are top of the list on whatever model you buy, followed by the 8.4" screen package

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
I need suggestions and recommendations on my first JLU order. So much to research as first timer. I am looking for either Willys or Rubicon. It will be depends on my budget and offer from dealers. However, I have hard time to decide which option package is must go with.

First things I want are Cold Weather and Safety packages. Then, not sure about LED lighting package and Trailer-Tow package.

For LED, is it worth to have it or is it better to go with Oracles or similar for headlight and fog light? and replace fender light bulbs?
I think tail lights comes with safety package.

For Trailer-Tow, I need hitch for bike rack. but I am thinking....something might happen later or resale value etc....

Are there any other items that I need to consider?
The Build-a-Jeep feature will allow you to configure as many vehicle trim options as you decide to do. The resultant prices that are displayed will then plainly illustrate if you are under or over the budget you've set for yourself.

As for what additional equipment you need to consider, that's a personal decision. The various option packages are pleasant conveniences, but none are compulsory in the proper sense of that word. If you want heated seats, which are indeed nice to have, include them in the build. Don't be led to believe that they're "needed" in the absolute sense, though.

I'd simply recommend that you build the Jeep for yourself, and not think or worry about who it might be sold to later on. They're not paying for it now. You are. :like:

OP
OP

itsooh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 BMW335i, 2021 JLU Rubicon
The Build-a-Jeep feature will allow you to configure as many vehicle trim options as you decide to do. The resultant prices that are displayed will then plainly illustrate if you are under or over the budget you've set for yourself.

As for what additional equipment you need to consider, that's a personal decision. The various option packages are pleasant conveniences, but none are compulsory in the proper sense of that word. If you want heated seats, which are indeed nice to have, include them in the build. Don't be led to believe that they're "needed" in the absolute sense, though.

I'd simply recommend that you build the Jeep for yourself, and not think or worry about who it might be sold to later on. They're not paying for it now. You are. :like:
Thank you and it is helpful to make my mind a bit eased but still this is not easy to make decision. :)
Hope my budget is can have every option. lol

tts42572

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Recently went through the ordering myself as also a first time Jeep owner.

Placed my first order in early September without really giving it as much thought as I should've. After doing more and more research, browsing this forum, watching you tube videos ,etc....I decided I just had to change a few things or I wasn't going to be happy. So visited my dealer and they said they would place another order for me and just sell my first order. So I placed a new order on 10/7.

Both my orders were for the Rubicon. What did I change? I switched my color from Granite Crystal to Sting Gray. Also switched the radio to the 8.4. Also added the LED lighting group and headlinrer.

Overall, my first order I was trying to hard to cut costs. The things I ended up adding in the second order were things I really wanted but were trying to skimp on with the first order. I kept debating everything until I really settled on what I wanted.

Biggest debates for me and why I went with what I did:

Trim of Wrangler - Debated the various options....Was between Willys, Sahara and Rubicon. I went with the Rubicon as I just loved it's stock look the most and the sportier vibe it gave me. I kept finding as I was adding options I was getting fairly close to Rubicon prices anyways. Or I was missing some cool stuff I wanted. I'm not an off roader so maybe not the wisest choice, but I don't care. The thing just spoke to me lol.

Type of top - Debated color matched vs black hard top. Loved both but leaned toward black as I liked the contrast it provided with the Sting Gray color and feel like it works well with other black accents. Also was nervous about scratching panels and feel like my mind would be more at ease with black.

Radio - Initially on first order got the 7.0 screen not thinking it would matter. But the more I watched videos, the more I knew I'd have screen envy if I didn't get the 8.4. I knew I wanted the Alpine either way so wasn't that much more to just get the larger screen. And my eyes need all the help they can get as I get older :)

Lighting - First order didn't have LED lights as I figured I'd just do them cheaper later. I really liked them though and say mixed reviews on some of the aftermarket options even though many people seem to have success with them. I just decided to do the factory option and be done with it from the start.

Motor - 3.6 V6 versus Turbo 2.0. This was a tough one and still not sure about it. I went with the Turbo 2.0 engine which was $1,500 cheaper with an automatic transmission which was a must have for me. I'll probably use premium gas in it (though not required) which will probably chew up the savings eventually. The 2.0T felt great to me when I drove it though so I decided to just go with the up front savings for now.

Cold weather group was a must for me as this vehicle will be driven in winter. Also wanted safety package as the lane change/blind spot stuff is nice. I didn't feel I needed the advanced group though. Towing group also didn't matter to me as I don't tow stuff and really not planning to add accessories that would use the Aux switches. One thing that I also did add was the headliner and that wasn't in my first order. Hoping it helps regulate cabin temps a little and help a little bit with sound.

I guess overall, just really need to figure out what your budget is and what options really matter. I'd say to just scour You Tube and watch videos. Watch different reviews and just get comfortable with what you really want before placing that order.
Sponsored