Sponsored

Ordering a Tuscadero for the wife

FLUndertaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, 1986 CJ7
Visiting from the JT forum, pardon the intrusion but need some guidance. Wife misses her last JK and wants to trade her 2020 MX5 RF with 2000 miles on it in on a new JL in Tuscadero. I don’t keep up with all the JL version because I’m not interested, as I said I’m a CJ and JT owner, so hoping for some quick knowledge and advice. She wants the top that slides back and opens the whole top up. Not sure what engine options are available on the JL. Don’t need the 392 that’s for sure but I do need it in my JT! It’ll never see off road but she wants creature comforts. Any dealers in the Midwest better to do business with?
Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
If she likes her comfort features, perhaps a Sahara, Sahara Altitude or a High Altitude might do the trick.
  1. Sahara can be optioned from mild to posh. All Saharas include the big brake kit, added sound insulation, color-matched fenders, side steps, upgraded grille, higher grade interior and more complete instrument panel.
  2. Sahara Altitude makes leather and color-matched hardtop standard; adds blacked out trim. Black leather is the only interior color.
  3. High Altitude has almost every option under the sun and includes D44 axles front and rear. Includes quilted leather; comes only in five exterior colors. Tuscadero is not available. You need to be willing to live with, or replace, those ridiculous 20-inch wheels and low profile all-seasons; the painted bumpers are an acquired taste
The Sky-One Touch roof can be added to all three.

In case you are not aware, Selec-Trac Full/Part-Time 4WD is now available on all Wranglers.

Good luck.

Last edited:

mjaga

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Sting Grey
Visiting from the JT forum, pardon the intrusion but need some guidance. Wife misses her last JK and wants to trade her 2020 MX5 RF with 2000 miles on it in on a new JL in Tuscadero. I don’t keep up with all the JL version because I’m not interested, as I said I’m a CJ and JT owner, so hoping for some quick knowledge and advice. She wants the top that slides back and opens the whole top up. Not sure what engine options are available on the JL. Don’t need the 392 that’s for sure but I do need it in my JT! It’ll never see off road but she wants creature comforts. Any dealers in the Midwest better to do business with?
I went with Jason Beltran at Hawk CDJR last year for 6% below invoice. @MinerSteve in Missouri was also very easy to work with and great pricing, but just a little too far for me.

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

Email [email protected]. Just outside of Nashville, 6-8% off invoice. Best price in the Midwest.

She'll definitely want either Sahara or Sahara Altitude. Not sure if the Sky OneTouch is available on the Altitude, so that may help you decide.

Either way, contact Daniel, he'll let you know what's available and give you the best deal.

Sponsored

Odierub

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban
Jim Butler Jeep in Central Missouri. Ask for one of the Steve’s. I worked with Clinesmiles. Don’t think you can get a better discount and no BS. Ordered and it was at the dealership in 24 days in June.

Good luck

OP
OP

FLUndertaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, 1986 CJ7
Is the sahara and upgraded trim levels with sky roof available in the 2 door?

Sponsored

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Wife misses her last JK and wants to trade her 2020 MX5 RF with 2000 miles on it in on a new JL in Tuscadero.

She wants the top that slides back and opens the whole top up.

Not sure what engine options are available on the JL.
When retracted, the Sky One Touch rests over the cargo area. It's functionally a fabric sunroof feature for just the passenger area.

JL - Two door. Limited trim options, as mentioned, as well as fewer engine choices.
JLU- Four door. All engine choices available: I4, V6, turbo, eTorque, diesel, 4xe. N.B.: some options (e.g., body-colored hardtop) require choosing higher trim levels just to gain access to those options. The online configurator can be used to determine how much you'll need to spend to build the Jeep that your wife wants.

Jeep Wrangler JL Ordering a Tuscadero for the wife SOT

Killed by Death

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Green 2021 Rubicon 2 Door
Damn. We have no need for a 4 door, especially since I have a suburban and my JT. It’s sucks jeep makes you buy a JLU to get a trim level.
If you want a Sahara the Freedom edition 2 door is similar. Sports S can also be optioned with nice leather seats.
Sponsored