Ordering a different JL...

Bkaab

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
76 J10, 88 YJ, 99 TJ, 02 WJ, 06 LJ, 12 KK, 20 JL
So we ordered a 2 door JL Willys last April. Obviously COVID happened and delayed the order. When we took delivery it had some small issues like the body missing the stud to clip the carpet down and wire holders under the hood not being in the right place. It just doesn’t give me a good feeling about this Jeep. On top of that since we didn’t get to test drive one and worked with a salesman that didn’t know a single thing about ordering a car let alone a Jeep Wrangler.

So I picked some options and didn’t get others that ended up being some bad decisions. So we didn’t get the premium Alpine Audio which after hearing the factory system was a huge mistake. Tan interior looks cool but look at it wrong and it gets stained. Same goes for the Tan soft top. Looks super cool but just taking it off can make it dirty. Sarge Green is a cool color in the sun but other times it looks too dark for me and it always looks dirty for some reason. Then it ended up being a very late built 2020 and by the time we took delivery 2021 added some new options we would have gotten like the all wheel drive transfer case for the winter and proximity key. Then we planned on putting factory steel bumper on it which are costly.

So instead of dropping thousands taking apart a brand new Jeep making this Jeep closer to what we wish we got we decided to sell it and order a red Rubicon that we wanted from the beginning.

So that’s the back story so here’s the question. Does Anyone know a dealer within 100 miles or so from south east Michigan that actually deals in Jeep and understands how to order them and can work with me.

86C14033-58AB-48C3-96CE-C01B186E0ECF.jpeg
Sponsored

Grand Lake Special

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Wrangler Sport Sarge Green
Occupation
retired teacher & building administrator
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered Mine from SZOTT Jeep in Highland Michigan on m59. No issues very user friendly.
Got what I wanted.

desmo2

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'97 TJ '97-'11. '21 billet silver JLR
I'm just gonna go ahead and say...that Jeep looks fantastic all cleaned up and in the sun. Something about a Sarge green Willys with a tan soft top is just SO right. I'm not a fan of Sarge green in general (I preferred the old forest green), but it hits all the marks kitted out like that.

R3TRO

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Jeep Willys
Occupation
Film Industry
I'm just gonna go ahead and say...that Jeep looks fantastic all cleaned up and in the sun. Something about a Sarge green Willys with a tan soft top is just SO right. I'm not a fan of Sarge green in general (I preferred the old forest green), but it hits all the marks kitted out like that.
Agreed!

I don't know man, this combo looks fantastic! I personally think the Willys package looks better than the Rubicon... I also 'might' be slightly biased :).

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2015 GC
My jeeps stay dirty all winter no matter the color. If the weather is good I'm out on the trails as much as I can be before the summer heat comes back to Arizona then it sits in the garage all weekend. Having a clean, shiny Jeep is a once-a-month treat for us lol.

I had a JK when I lived up north and that full time AWD sure would have been very, very nice. We lived on a private, un maintained road so I'd stay in 4-HI through the neighborhood then I'd have to remember to slap it back into 2-HI when I got on the main road.

Don't feel bad about your decision to get a different one, I went through two JL's and now I've ordered a Sarge Green Rubicon with most of the options I wanted. With the soft top, the premium audio is a must! My last one had it and now when I get in my wife's Durango I can't stand the crappy standard stereo.
Sponsored

Last edited: