Sponsored

Ordering a 2022 Rubicon for the First Time. Who can help answer a few questions?

OP
OP
alksion

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
This is easy. Option #2 by a lot. You drive under 2 miles to work. You will clogging up the emissions system. I know from owning a Mercedes diesel. The 392 will be a collector’s piece. If you had a long commute I would agree that the diesel would be fine. Also hot versus cold is not the issue with the diesel. It’s driving enough to clean out the emission systems.
Hell yeah!! Music to my ears. I think I am going to do the 392. It’s funny how I got to this point haha. I wonder how long the back orders are for at this point.
Sponsored

Rockstar08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Hell yeah!! Music to my ears. I think I am going to do the 392. It’s funny how I got to this point haha. I wonder how long the back orders are for at this point.
If you can afford it absolutely get the 392!!! I still see a lot of issues with the Diesel engines in the Wrangler which I am sure you have read on this forum! I too wanted the diesel but will pass as I want a light Jeep with good mpg so I am going with the 2.0 turbo. Now your only issue is even getting a 392 at MSRP good luck But don’t expect any discount.

OP
OP
alksion

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
If you can afford it absolutely get the 392!!! I still see a lot of issues with the Diesel engines in the Wrangler which I am sure you have read on this forum! I too wanted the diesel but will pass as I want a light Jeep with good mpg so I am going with the 2.0 turbo. Now your only issue is even getting a 392 at MSRP good luck But don’t expect any discount.
I have a dealer near me that’s is doing $500 off MSRP for the 392s. I think I’m going to order one Monday once I know what’s going on with 22 order banks.

Can I afford it? Yes. I’m coming from 2 Mercedes before this. So spending this much on a Jeep seems crazy at first but it delivers to me exactly what I want in a vehicle. It’s my happiest medium I can picture. I’m going to do it. 392 it is.

I wonder how long until the next batch ships?

Rockstar08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awesome then yes absolutely get the 392 it will be killer for sure!! I am waiting to order the 2022 because I believe it will have the Uconnect5 but I know not much else will change but I think the new infotainment will be upgraded. I live in Burbank now so one day we will have to get together after we both have our new Jeep’s..lol.. my wife and I come down to Orange County a lot to go to Fashion Island and Laguna Beach and Dana Point. Look forward to seeing your 392 that will be a beast!!!

OP
OP
alksion

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
Awesome then yes absolutely get the 392 it will be killer for sure!! I am waiting to order the 2022 because I believe it will have the Uconnect5 but I know not much else will change but I think the new infotainment will be upgraded. I live in Burbank now so one day we will have to get together after we both have our new Jeep’s..lol.. my wife and I come down to Orange County a lot to go to Fashion Island and Laguna Beach and Dana Point. Look forward to seeing your 392 that will be a beast!!!
Yeah I’m down. I live in Brea and I’m in that area all the time. Do you have a Jeep right now?

Sponsored

Rockstar08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah I’m down. I live in Brea and I’m in that area all the time. Do you have a Jeep right now?
Nope already sold it but have that itch again and can’t wait to do a lot of offroad trips!!

OutlawBeard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Gecko Ordered 5/4/21 Delivered 8/27/21
Probably because we're talking about 2 different transfer cases: the 'normal' Rubicon 4:1 Rock-Trac manual system and the Selec-Trac full-time system, which is the one not available with the diesel.
the Selec-Trac full-time system is in the Sahara, the rubicon can option the 4:1 Rock-Trac HD Full Time 4WD Sys

JD Jeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
FWIW: I'm in the middle of the ordering process for a 2021 JL now and received quotes from both Rob and Kent and two other dealerships. For my build, Kent actually came in 3K lower than Rob, but you're required to finance through Peterson and make at least 6 payments before paying off or refinancing the loan. I live in SoCal as well and determined the *total* cost to purchase from Kent would only net me an additional $1800 after loan interest and travel costs.

That said - I might have considered going with Kent, but I already placed an order with Rob, before Kent responded to me with his quote. I've been really happy with the sales experience I've had so far with Rob, so for me, it was not worth changing Dealers mid-purchase.

Plus - Rob told me the build codes for the 2022s should be out tomorrow so if there is something I can't live without, he was happy to just reorder me a 2022. Who does that... I can't tell you how great it's been to find him!

One other thing you should consider for your build that is not on the Web tool yet is Gorilla glass. Rob suggested it when we went through my options. It's only $80-90 more so it was an easy decision for me!

Good luck with your purchase!

OP
OP
alksion

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
FWIW: I'm in the middle of the ordering process for a 2021 JL now and received quotes from both Rob and Kent and two other dealerships. For my build, Kent actually came in 3K lower than Rob, but you're required to finance through Peterson and make at least 6 payments before paying off or refinancing the loan. I live in SoCal as well and determined the *total* cost to purchase from Kent would only net me an additional $1800 after loan interest and travel costs.

That said - I might have considered going with Kent, but I already placed an order with Rob, before Kent responded to me with his quote. I've been really happy with the sales experience I've had so far with Rob, so for me, it was not worth changing Dealers mid-purchase.

Plus - Rob told me the build codes for the 2022s should be out tomorrow so if there is something I can't live without, he was happy to just reorder me a 2022. Who does that... I can't tell you how great it's been to find him!

One other thing you should consider for your build that is not on the Web tool yet is Gorilla glass. Rob suggested it when we went through my options. It's only $80-90 more so it was an easy decision for me!

Good luck with your purchase!
I will believe it when I see the 2022 order guides tomorrow, but I am more hopeful than I was a few days ago. I am going to place my oder for sure tomorrow if 2022s are available to order. So excited. Hopefully this news is true.

drichard989

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08KK, 21JLU
Occupation
Sales Engineer
If the order guides come out does that mean 2021 orders are closed?

Sponsored

OP
OP
alksion

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
If the order guides come out does that mean 2021 orders are closed?
That's a good question. I would assume so based on the last few years, but everything is weird right now since this dragged out pandemic and now the chip shortage...

CTEL23

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 4xe, Ford Expedition Stealth
Spoke with Mike @ Georgia Auto Mall CDJ. Many of you are familiar with his name since he does a lot of business as a result of this forum. For those of you who have dealt with him you're aware that he's a straight shooter as well as a 25 year employee of Jeep.

He informed me that they were notified "the 21's are set to end production on 12/4, we haven't heard when the last time to order a 21 will be but based on the end of production I'd say sometime in September".

Take it for what it's worth but he told me the information came via a corporate email last week.

By the sounds of it those of you waiting to order a 22 may be waiting a few months longer.

OP
OP
alksion

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
Spoke with Mike @ Georgia Auto Mall CDJ. Many of you are familiar with his name since he does a lot of business as a result of this forum. For those of you who have dealt with him you're aware that he's a straight shooter as well as a 25 year employee of Jeep.

He informed me that they were notified "the 21's are set to end production on 12/4, we haven't heard when the last time to order a 21 will be but based on the end of production I'd say sometime in September".

Take it for what it's worth but he told me the information came via a corporate email last week.

By the sounds of it those of you waiting to order a 22 may be waiting a few months longer.
Yeah I’ve heard this too and other news as well. Still waiting to see it here officially or at least a June 2021 build guide which will confirm what you just said.

Iggy

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
Yup never had a crazy color on a car before. Always neutral. So why not the first time on a Jeep? Excited! Going to take the wife’s out this summer and continue to get better with it off road.
Crazy colored cars = Nacho JLR

I'm 66 and all my 30+ cars have been one sort of a rental color or another. Always wanting a subdued color. Now, that orange Jeep just makes me smile every time I see it. It's just fun and different, and so not me. Get a bright color!

OP
OP
alksion

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
Crazy colored cars = Nacho JLR

I'm 66 and all my 30+ cars have been one sort of a rental color or another. Always wanting a subdued color. Now, that orange Jeep just makes me smile every time I see it. It's just fun and different, and so not me. Get a bright color!
Was my first pick until they axed it :(
Sponsored