YippieKiYayMrFalcon

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th Anniversary
Vehicle Showcase
I think you’re set on most, but I’ll give my .02 on selectrac...I ended up getting it in my Sahara and love it. I’m in GA and have still used it a few times in bad weather. I just like the option of having the full time selection.
Sponsored

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
I know one... any car with this device can be easily open (and stolen respectively) using simplest transponder device. so... not only pros...
I think you might be thinking of the Safety & Security System (remote locks) or maybe the Proximity keyless entry. The Advanced Safety Group has brake assist, adaptive cruise, collision warning, etc. None of these are going to affect someone's ability to get into the vehicle.

As for someone getting in with the other packages. I'm not worried about it. If someone is out there with a special transponder to copy signals, or to be used as a skeleton key type device, they're going to find a way in. This may not be a "professional" thief but if they have special or vehicle specific tools (regardless of how cheap or easy to obtain) they aren't your run of the mill thief by convenience (ie checking for unlocked doors, or open windows).
Along the same line of thought though, I would say a soft top is just a vulnerable as one with the proximity key or maybe even more so. After all, anyone with a pocket knife can silently gain entry into the Jeep, and that will work on any convertible. and unlike a transponder device it can be picked up at most stores.
When it comes down to it, anyone with a simple rock can gain entry into nearly any vehicle they want to if they're willing to risk the noise of breaking glass.
I guess what I'm saying is that while your concern isn't unfounded, it may be a bit misplaced. I agree that we don't want to make it any easier for thieves which is why we lock doors, and close windows. However, I wouldn't say that something like the remote locks or proximity key makes it any more likely that you will be victimized.

travman

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
We bought our Jeep, a Sahara 7 months ago. We're same age living in GA. My wife is the primary driver. IMO...
LED package is awesome - couldn't imagine not having it.
Leather is awesome.
We got the hardtop but my wife swapped it out and went with a soft top last month and said she's not going back to the hard top - winter maybe.
Upgraded stereo is well worth it.
Love the 2.0–Liter I4 DOHC DI Turbo eTorque Engine. We rented a jeep from Hertz to be sure we would like it. In my wife's own words "buckle up because this baby really moves".
Anti–Spin Differential Rear Axle and 255/70R18 All–Terrain Tires 18–Inch x 7.5–Inch Tech Gray Polished Face Wheels.

I just wish my wife would let me drive it.

OP
OP

bobnjenn0828

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee
I just wish my wife would let me drive it.
Maybe I'll let my hubby drive mine every now and then! Yours sounds like what I want. I think that I will do the soft top most of the time but winter probably the hard top. Actually I hope to keep the top off most of the time!

OP
OP

bobnjenn0828

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee
All the tech questions seem to have been answered, soooooooooo...…..go with Firecracker Red!!!!
I may have to now! It looks like bikini is no longer an option on the Jeep Builder!
Sponsored