Sponsored

Ordered Yokohama MT but tire shop ordered and installed Yokohama XAT.

Jeepnutz

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon XR
Ordered 37" Yokohama MT's for my new Rubicon XR but the tire shop mistakenly ordered and installed 37" Yokohama XAT's. They gave me the option of keeping them or they'd reorder the MT. The XAT is definitely more aggressive than the factory KO2's I traded in but I am struggling on what to do. Mainly wheel in Oregon, Idaho, Nevada and Northern California and like everything from two track mountain trails to the desert and also trails like the Rubicon, Slick Rock etc.
Opinions needed.
Sponsored

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 2D, with extra guacamole
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time
Get what you want.

Sponsored

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 2D, with extra guacamole
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time
My thought is it doesn't matter what you got charged (I mean paying less), as long as you got what you wanted. Someone could charge me a $0.09 for a cup of McDonald's coffee everyday, but I'd rather pay $2.25 for a quality espresso. So, whoopee, you paid less for ATs when you wanted MTs. I'd have sold you bald take-offs for $15.00 each. Feel ripped off?

OBJLU

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Get the MT, the especially if you want to run the Rubicon

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Bummer that you didn't get what you ordered. I guess it really comes down to what you want from your tires. Sounds like you have some serious off road trips planned so the MTs FTW. If you plan mainly lighter off road duty w/ plenty of hwy miles and don't mind the more conservative look of the tires, the AT would fit the bill. like @OBJLU mentioned, since the Rubicon is on your menu it seems that the MTs should also be on the menu. If you have to be waiting forever to get the MTs then maybe the ATs, otherwise you'd probably be pissed every time you look at your Jeep without the tires you really wanted :(

FWIW those ATs seem to get great reviews vs. other ATs out there.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
They have a great looking Mt and I don't have any complaints about them. I'd want what I ordered.
Yes they do, and yes, I'd want them too, for sure!

Sponsored

BamaJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Sting Grey
Could you upload some pics of the Yoko XAT 37s please? It was a tire I was interested in down the road upgrading too but have had trouble finding anyone running them on this forum. Thanks! (Agree with others though, get the original tires you wanted and ordered)

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
I have run both tires. Both are great. If I had to buy again I'd get the M/T G003. Very little additional noise or roughness and much better off-road and they also don't throw gravel like the X-AT.

Old Dogger

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKR, 2018 JLR
Occupation
Retired High level Management.
That is a major communication issue. I would have them re-order what you originally ordered.

Demon 2048

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR with Extreme Rubicon option
Ordered 37" Yokohama MT's for my new Rubicon XR but the tire shop mistakenly ordered and installed 37" Yokohama XAT's. They gave me the option of keeping them or they'd reorder the MT. The XAT is definitely more aggressive than the factory KO2's I traded in but I am struggling on what to do. Mainly wheel in Oregon, Idaho, Nevada and Northern California and like everything from two track mountain trails to the desert and also trails like the Rubicon, Slick Rock etc.
Opinions needed.
I have the XAT in 37" and have about 4500 highway miles on them. No whine and smooth as silk on the road. However I have no experience with them off road. Great tires so far on my 21 JLURXR.

BamaJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Sting Grey
I have the XAT in 37" and have about 4500 highway miles on them. No whine and smooth as silk on the road. However I have no experience with them off road. Great tires so far on my 21 JLURXR.
Do you mind posting up a few pics of them on your rig? It’s a tire I’ve been interested in moving up to eventually but haven’t found many pics online yet.
Sponsored