Sponsored

Ordered three months ago... Delivered to dealer Friday. They sold it to SOMEONE ELSE on Saturday!

future ocean blue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ocean blue JLU
Thank you all for the feedback so far.

Update: the VP for the family of dealerships called me. He offered to go ahead and trade my car in today, order my Jeep again, put me in a fully-loaded Wrangler Sahara from their rental fleet (all Weangler JLs) at no cost to me until it comes in, and take $6k off of the MSRP or sell it to me at invoice-whichever was cheaper.

This seems reasonable to me. Any thoughts?
At first glance everything seems good on the offer they gave you. But I'd go with 6-7% under invoice and not 6% off MSRP. I'd take everything else they are giving you in addition to the % under invoice.

my $.02 worth.
Sponsored

tarndesigns

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU
At first glance everything seems good on the offer they gave you. But I'd go with 6-7% under invoice and not 6% off MSRP. I'd take everything else they are giving you in addition to the % under invoice.

my $.02 worth.
THIS. They're still making a TON off of you if they give it to you at 6% off MSRP or AT invoice.

Please tell us the name of this dealership.

OP
OP
Steamboat

Steamboat

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2018 Volvo XC90
Get the 5K off and then ask for the DEALER hold back there is more money available.

Ask for the hold back - its there the dealer hold back should be additional 1200 off easy.

my $.02 worth.
Update: So the latest offer is this. The invoice on my wrangler is $51,816. The dealer holdback is $1,612. The dealership admin fee is $599 and there is apparently a $675 family/sr. management rebate.

Therefore, the offer is $51,816 - $1,612 - $599 - $675 = $48,930. The MSRP is $55,190.

Again, they will also include the rental from the fleet until my wrangler comes in so I also benefit from having no car payment and no insurance payment for 2-3 months.

** I don't want to name the dealership as I feel like they are trying to make it right. If there are any more errors or if they add on a bunch more fees, I will publish their name and utilize all of the social media and public review options available to me.**

tarndesigns

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU
Update: So the latest offer is this. The invoice on my wrangler is $51,816. The dealer holdback is $1,612. The dealership admin fee is $599 and there is apparently a $675 family/sr. management rebate.

Therefore, the offer is $51,816 - $1,612 - $599 - $675 = $48,930. The MSRP is $55,190.

Again, they will also include the rental from the fleet until my wrangler comes in so I also benefit from having no car payment and no insurance payment for 2-3 months.

** I don't want to name the dealership as I feel like they are trying to make it right. If there are any more errors or if they add on a bunch more fees, I will publish their name and utilize all of the social media and public review options available to me.**
Understood. Just did the math, and I think they're being pretty fair to you with THAT deal.

I say go for it now.

Maybe throw in them burning that second salesmen at the stake.

AdamH

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon 4Xe
This had nothing to do me (the disappointed potential buyer) or financing in this case.
Oh I understand your situation completely. What I have wondered over the years is if the guy who ordered my JKUR originally was shafted the same way you were. I wasn't pushy with the dealership at all, just simply said to let me know if I could buy it and a mere 2 hours later it was mine.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Steamboat

Steamboat

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Understood. Just did the math, and I think they're being pretty fair to you with THAT deal.

I say go for it now.

Yeah, I want him to burn and I can't help but hoping that the other guy (that bought mine) has it stolen/totaled in the first few weeks. I am having a hard time not feeling bitter about someone having what I WAITED three months, through countless chat sessions with Jeep cares, and hours and hours of reading this forum.

AdamH

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon 4Xe
Yeah, I want him to burn and I can't help but hoping that the other guy (that bought mine) has it stolen/totaled in the first few weeks. I am having a hard time not feeling bitter about someone having what I WAITED three months, through countless chat sessions with Jeep cares, and hours and hours of reading this forum.

Did you actually just say you hope the new buyer suffers a loss? How is any of this their fault? Not cool.

The dealership did you wrong, not the new owner. You have no clue what story the salesman gave the new owner as to why it was available for sale.

OP
OP
Steamboat

Steamboat

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oh I understand your situation completely. What I often wonder is if the guy who ordered my JKUR originally was shafted the same way you were. I wasn't pushy with the dealership at all, just simply said to let me know if I could buy it.
No, I totally understood what you meant. I have no reason to believe that the guy that bought it was pushy or anything like that. If it were a financing issue on my end or if there was any wavering/uncertainty that I was going to buy it, I would be more understanding of the dealership selling it. That wasn't the case in my scenario.

Hope it was more of him being unable to buy it rather than the dealership shafting him out of it but glad it worked out for you though!

jmill012

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 392XR, 22 Model 3 Performance, 22 Wagoneer

That is 5.5% below invoice. Which is a great deal IMHO especially if they are waiving the dealer admin fee. A lot of us got 5% below but once you add the admin fee its more like 4%.

OP
OP
Steamboat

Steamboat

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you actually just say you hope the new buyer suffers a loss? How is any of this their fault? Not cool.

The dealership did you wrong, not the new owner. You have no clue what story the salesman gave the new owner as to why it was available for sale.
Totally agree. I don't really hope it but I am definitely fighting this (and I know it is immature and selfish) feeling of "it isn't fair that he gets my toy and I don't when I waited." I know it is dumb. I know it isn't his fault. Furthermore, if the roles were reversed, I know that I would probably try to buy it -even if I knew someone else had ordered it - if the dealer would sell it to me. However, I am definitely fighting that feeling.

Sponsored

Kadonny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Manual Trans Front Spacers, 2010 JKU Wrangler Sport

I say go for it now.

Agree, but OMG let's call a lawyer first!

OP, they are being fair in my opinion. They made a mistake and are trying to fix it. I say get them to throw in some extended warranty and they have a deal.

See that's how you do things. Some one screws up, apologizes and fixes it to agreement of both parties. End of story, everyone is pleased.

MojitoJLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Mojito

Take it.

JJexp

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Raptor, 68 Y body coupe.
Occupation
G650 driver
Just make sure that they’re going to cover your rental insurance. I’ve been pulled over in enough rental cars to know that if you can’t prove rental coverage, you need to carry your normal insurance cards with you in lieu.

northernILJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Sounds fair...skip the lawyer and take the deal. I would say skip the lawyer even if they didn't offer you a deal like this; it would have just been a waste of your time.

CZ 75

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
No honor among car salesmen.

I've had several instances of them doing unethical shit. Pretty much every new car I bought.

They will snipe another salesman like it's nothing if they can move a car today.
Sponsored