Sponsored

Ordered three months ago... Delivered to dealer Friday. They sold it to SOMEONE ELSE on Saturday!

Steamboat

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2018 Volvo XC90
I am so angry right now that I do not know what to do. I ordered my JLUR 3 months ago (3/20). It apparently was delivered to the dealer on Friday but my sales guy was out on vacation.

After driving the lot for myself and being sent a follow-up email from Customer Cares that the Jeep had, in fact, been delivered, I checked with my dealer as to where it was. He called this afternoon to tell me that it was apparently sold on Saturday to another family. the dealer is saying they have another one on another lot, with the same build but it isn't "my Jeep."

The dealer has offered to $5k off the asking price (originally $55k) but that doesn't seem enough to make me want to buy from this dealer again.

What is a the greatest price difference (Asking price/Sale Price) that anyone has received that I should target as them "making it right" versus making a sale?

Also, any advice for retribution on the dealership since they took my $1k deposit in March and sold the car that had my name on it?
Sponsored

jhonn236_AZ

First Name
Jhonn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sting Gray Rubicon
That would suck. Probably demand & supply - if a guy walked into the room with $56k cash and said I want that one, he probably got it.

Aim for >6% BELOW invoice for the next one!

or maybe route #2 would be to contact Jeep Cares and tell them the story. They'll probably build another one and that's it though. Is not like they're going to go to the new owner's house and demand the vehicle back

That One Guy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord coupe, V6 6-speed manual; ordered 2018 JL Sport 6MT with A/C and anti-spin. D status.
That's messed up.

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
6% below invoice or a minimum 11% off MSRP. I would call Jeep Cares and get another build unless they truly have the exact same one sitting on another lot. You will be pissed even if one thing is different.

Good luck, that blows.

Sponsored

NascarMark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon, 2015 Grand Cherokee Overland.
Sorry for you. That is ridiculous!

I experienced problems with my JK that took years to totally resolve - anyway I finally called FCA and they opened a case number. Long story short, after several discussions they gave me Employee Pricing (EP) on any Jeep brand vehicle for one year (except for SRT models). The dealership also helped me work with their FCA rep and I got another $2,000 off.

Point to my story is there are several things that they can and should do - including the dealership! BTW, Employee Price was a little less than 10% below MSRP.

Have to add - I personally don't do much social media - BUT - if this happened to me..I would determine exactly what I would take to buy from them again (discounts, etc) and if the dealership can't do it...I would tell them I am going home and sharing with the whole world on social media how you guys f****ed me!

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
That sucks, man, sorry.

It's tough, though, because JLs are hot right now, so it's not like withholding your business from them is going to mean much. They're going to sell all of their JLs pretty quickly no matter what.

If I were you, I wouldn't buy one from them on principle, though, but if they are giving you nearly 10% off... that's pretty sweet. I would definitely ask for my 1k deposit to be doubled toward the purchase, too, because it didn't actually get used as a deposit toward YOUR jeep. If they give you around 7k-8k off the preferred pricing (forget what it's called - affiliate pricing, I think) all told, and this other jeep is pretty much what you ordered anyway, I don't think you'll find a deal that good for awhile.

JIMBOX

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEROKEE TRAILHAWK/ JEEP GLADIATOR
Occupation
RETIRED
If the other one is EXACTLY THE SAME/COLOR/OPTIONS/VERY LOW MILES-ETC

I'd accept it/w 5K off and free oil changes/updates/recalls-etc-

If not, get your deposit back and walk-

Whatever

JIMBO

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
If it’s exactly the same you’ve really lost nothing other than some stress over their incompetence. I had something similar happen (got to port and shipped to wrong dealership) to me on a car I’d ordered built in Japan. Fortunately the dealership caught it early and had a similarly equipped car (had added trunk mat, door sills, and one other option) shipped to me.

As far as compensation, what price had you already agreed to? You mentioned he offered 5% off “asking price”. You mean MSRP? What were you going to pay for yours before this?

Ask for discount of an additional 1 to 2% below what you were going to pay before. Ask for $500 worth of accessories that you want to be thrown in like slush mats, etc. Ask for lifetime warranty and free oil changes for life. If you get all or some of that it’s a win. You still got the same Jeep. Just a couple of days later.

Sponsored

KillaRubi

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon (on order)
Occupation
IT
Dude! I got mine last week and I lost sleep one night worrying this would happen when my salesman said he was off the day if got unloaded from the rail. I feel for you 100%.

My opinion... is you let these guys make it right. IF you go somewhere else (which i get), you are starting all over. If they can find you a comparable jeep, then you make the decision to wait out of principle, or suck up your pride and get one soon. Its a tough call, but how much is your time worth waiting, dealing with another dealer. If the deal is right, then I say just do it. Id say 2k back of invoice minimum (MSRP is about 3k over invoice). Have them throw in some accessories and a yr worth of oil changes if you promise to give them all 10s on their survey; use that as leverage. surveys sound trivial, but TRUST ME, the surveys are a big deal. People are suggesting lifetime warranty, and that seems awesome in theory, but from a business standpoint it just doesnt make sense, so I wouldnt get your hopes up on that.

Anyway, just my opinion. Sorry you have to go thru all this. I'd be fuming too!

NM Original

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Jeep GC Overland, 2005 Chevy SSR, 2007 BMW 650-GS, 2015 CanAm F3, 2018 Wrangler JL Rubicon Turbo, 2Door (on order)
First, a $1,000 deposit is excessive - AND it did not even hold your vehicle!

In your position, I would ask for $5,000 off INVOICE - out the door ( includes Tax, Title, License, Doc Fees, etc. ) and the Mopar LifeTime Maximum Care Warranty ( a couple of $K ). This is a proposition they will loose money on.
Even before seeing them, call Jeep and complain. Contact Jeep Cares and complain.

If they don't take it, get your deposit back and walk. Really, you are out the time you spent waiting, but these guys are total F**kups. It sounds like they were overcharging you to begin with. If they met all the financial terms but balked at the Warranty - I might take it, depending on the substituted Jeep and other perks that they might offer, but that would really depend.

Jeeps are popping out like crazy now, you can find one to replace "yours" at a fair cost, but I understand the loss and sympathize.

OP
OP
Steamboat

Steamboat

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2018 Volvo XC90
Thank you all for the feedback so far.

Update: the VP for the family of dealerships called me. He offered to go ahead and trade my car in today, order my Jeep again, put me in a fully-loaded Wrangler Sahara from their rental fleet (all Weangler JLs) at no cost to me until it comes in, and take $6k off of the MSRP or sell it to me at invoice-whichever was cheaper.

This seems reasonable to me. Any thoughts?
Sponsored