Ordered the 35s and Fuel rims

jmlax401

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara JL
No rubbing at all, if it's a driver go with the 315's, if you're going to off road at all I'd go with the 285's to give you just a little extra, but I'm at 4K miles, no issues. Spare fit perfectly, it sits right on the bumper, no squished, it sits perfectly and the carrier is fine, I had these on my JK and it was never a problem. I don't see any horsepower loss, I suppose technically it takes a tiny bit more to start rolling but I haven't notices one difference, I'm often on the highway at 75-80, straight and smooth!
Thanks. Yes, mostly driving, some beach but mostly driving. I really appreciate it. You convinced me to go with the bigger tire. Much appreciated.
Sponsored

jmlax401

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara JL
No rubbing at all, if it's a driver go with the 315's, if you're going to off road at all I'd go with the 285's to give you just a little extra, but I'm at 4K miles, no issues. Spare fit perfectly, it sits right on the bumper, no squished, it sits perfectly and the carrier is fine, I had these on my JK and it was never a problem. I don't see any horsepower loss, I suppose technically it takes a tiny bit more to start rolling but I haven't notices one difference, I'm often on the highway at 75-80, straight and smooth!
Last question; Any issue with the spare and the backup camera?

NathanG

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Love the debadged look on the Chrystal Granite.. Here is similar setup with mopar 2 inch and K02 35's
_xR_pgEyRyeXlQz5cYeNuKa3taGslmoh6c86Nys4SL63skLtfRVHczR5HejmPYtYrxNlK8cOgNxNHy4om=w1634-h1225-no.jpg

OP
OP

18RubiJLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C7 Z06, JLUR
^^^ Nathan, your Rubicon looks cool! Love the wheels, good contrast there :like:

DTD shipped my setup last night, looks like I'll be busy this weekend swapping shoes, roam steps and a few other things :)

Wade Wilson

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 Willys PU, 2006 TJ, 2014 JKU, 2018 JLU Sahara
Last question; Any issue with the spare and the backup camera?
No worries: No no issues at all, the standard mount is just fine, I had the same tires on my JK never had an issue with the tailgate, I didn't have to move the light, it fits just right. For the back up camera, I just cut the very center circle out of my cap and the camera fits right inside, it's perfect you don't see the camera now and it works perfectly.

Sponsored

OP
OP

18RubiJLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C7 Z06, JLUR
So finally took delivery of the JLUR and here is the new look

New-Wheels.JPG

Jeeper

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura MDX 2015, Ford F150, Honda Odyssey,
No, the tire fits perfectly on the bumper it doesn't push down on it, it just rests perfectly. I didn't have to move the light, it's just right. I have these exact tires and rims on my JK (I've got a TJ, 2 JK's and the new JL) and it never ever gave me a problem with the door mount. My son's JK has 50k miles on it with the same set up, he's just got the rock star rims, and we've never had a prob, the stock mount will be just fine, I promise you!
Love your set up. Wondering what you think would work if I used stock 17" Moab rims with either of these tires. It sounds like the 285/75R17's would offer a bit more room. Do you think it would work? Or is all of this possible because of the offset of your aftermarket rims?

Wade Wilson

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 Willys PU, 2006 TJ, 2014 JKU, 2018 JLU Sahara
Love your set up. Wondering what you think would work if I used stock 17" Moab rims with either of these tires. It sounds like the 285/75R17's would offer a bit more room. Do you think it would work? Or is all of this possible because of the offset of your aftermarket rims?
Hi Mike,
The setup that I have (315/70/17) definitely won't work with the stock rims, you hit it right on the head, you need more of an offset to avoid any rubbing inside. I think you may be ok with the 285/75/17's, they're not as wide, but don't go by just me, check with a tire company to be sure. You could also run spaces and use the stock rims, I ran 1 1/2" Spyder Trax wheel spaces on my JK and never had a problem. These are hub centric spacers designed specifically to fit your hub, once you bolt them on the hub they are essentially part of the hub, I can tell you from experience, they're not going anywhere, and you won't know that they're there. What I wouldn't do is get the cheap spacers that just go over your lugs, that's a bad idea. Also, Quadratec sells basic black wheels with 4.25-4.5 back spacing, like what I'm running. They're not as fancy of a wheel, but they're pretty cheap.
Good Luck, I'd love to see a pic!

Jeeper

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura MDX 2015, Ford F150, Honda Odyssey,
I
Hi Mike,
The setup that I have (315/70/17) definitely won't work with the stock rims, you hit it right on the head, you need more of an offset to avoid any rubbing inside. I think you may be ok with the 285/75/17's, they're not as wide, but don't go by just me, check with a tire company to be sure. You could also run spaces and use the stock rims, I ran 1 1/2" Spyder Trax wheel spaces on my JK and never had a problem. These are hub centric spacers designed specifically to fit your hub, once you bolt them on the hub they are essentially part of the hub, I can tell you from experience, they're not going anywhere, and you won't know that they're there. What I wouldn't do is get the cheap spacers that just go over your lugs, that's a bad idea. Also, Quadratec sells basic black wheels with 4.25-4.5 back spacing, like what I'm running. They're not as fancy of a wheel, but they're pretty cheap.
Good Luck, I'd love to see a pic!

Will definitely share a pic, but I only ordered the Moab 10 days ago so it might be minute.

While there a number of rims out there I really like, I think I’m going to try and hang on to the black stock wheels for at least the first couple years. As a result I’m really deciding between the 34x10.50R17 and the 285/75R17’s (which you mentioned). I think both will work but 285’s are a bit taller which is nice but they’re E rated (the slightly shorter 34’s are D rated).

That distinction is not easy for me to evaluate since I’ve never really compared D and E rates tires. So basically, it’s a coin toss.
Sponsored