Ordered Sept 28th and still in "C" status

OP
OP

Semaj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 F150 71 Chevelle 65 mustang
I ordered practically everything on 11/5 and have been sitting in D1 since 12/13. No estimates of any kind.
Mojito Rubicon
11/5 ordered
11/8 BA and got vin
11/10 D
11/16. C
11/21 D
12/13. D1

Screenshot_20181220-233735.png
Have you got it yet? I'm still in C
Sponsored

levichar

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'95 YJ, Ordering '19 JL
Have you got it yet? I'm still in C
My dealer thought that it would be in and ready for pickup last Friday (1/11) or Saturday (1/12). He even said that I should get my check ready for pickup on one of those days since my bank closes early on Fridays and is closed all day on Saturdays. It's now Wednesday and I have no new info.

11/5: Ordered
11/8: BA and got vin
11/10: D
11/16: C
11/21: D
12/13: D1
1/4: F According to dealer. JeepChat said D1 still
1/7: JeepChat said appears as E but really F
1/8: JB
1/9: KZ
According to a 3rd party tracking spreadsheet (not the one everyone else uses) there has been no update since 1/10 when it was sitting in the yard waiting to be loaded. My dealer is only a few hours away...so I would have hoped it would be shipped quick. Guess not.

Akbill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLUR
No I did not. Can anyone confirm this? I don't want to be waiting another 4 months.
your dealer can confirm this; dealers were notified of this issue in early November, but some don't communicate very well.
if you want adaptive cruise control you have to buy the infotainment upgrade OR you can wait till April or later to get built.
I suggested you email the CEO at FCA. they will then have an exec staffer tell you why your aren't built yet and ask you if you want to add the infotainment upgrade to your order; but your dealer should have handled all of this for you 2 months ago.

OP
OP

Semaj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
your dealer can confirm this; dealers were notified of this issue in early November, but some don't communicate very well.
if you want adaptive cruise control you have to buy the infotainment upgrade OR you can wait till April or later to get built.
I suggested you email the CEO at FCA. they will then have an exec staffer tell you why your aren't built yet and ask you if you want to add the infotainment upgrade to your order; but your dealer should have handled all of this for you 2 months ago.
I spoke to my guy and he said he added on the infotainment group. He hasn’t heard of this prior. He was told the LEDs and steel bumper group was holding it up. It’s been 4 months. I really hope I have this thing by Spring

Sponsored

Akbill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLUR
I spoke to my guy and he said he added on the infotainment group. He hasn’t heard of this prior. He was told the LEDs and steel bumper group was holding it up. It’s been 4 months. I really hope I have this thing by Spring
You got screwed by your dealer and regional rep. See below. Your dealer owes you some kind of compensation for his failure to communicate with FCA.

Also write an email to CEO and tell them your situation and that you really wanted to be a happy Jeep owner but this has been a disappointment apparently caused by communication problems between Toledo and your dealer (who insists he was never notified). Politely request that they consider offering you an 8 year max care 0 deductible at no charge for your inconvenience. They do that in cases like this.

This is what US Customer care sent to me on Dec 14th after an escalated case:
“Customer's order has ALP - Advanced Safety group and needs to work with the dealer to adjust order or wait until April 2019 to have vehicle built. Dealers and Business Center were made aware of the issue and the need to adjust orders in late October, early November. Please encourage consumer to work with the dealership with regards to this matter.”

Last edited:
OP
OP

Semaj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You got screwed by your dealer and regional rep. See below. Your dealer owes you some kind of compensation for his failure to communicate with FCA.

Also write an email to CEO and tell them your situation and that you really wanted to be a happy Jeep owner but this has been a disappointment apparently caused by communication problems between Toledo and your dealer (who insists he was never notified). Politely request that they consider offering you an 8 year max care 0 deductible at no charge for your inconvenience. They do that in cases like this.

This is what US Customer care sent to me on Dec 14th after an escalated case:
“Customer's order has ALP - Advanced Safety group and needs to work with the dealer to adjust order or wait until April 2019 to have vehicle built. Dealers and Business Center were made aware of the issue and the need to adjust orders in late October, early November. Please encourage consumer to work with the dealership with regards to this matter.”
Thank you

OP
OP

Semaj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not to mention it sounds like he added a $1,600 package without consulting you. I'd either follow the advice above or at least try to get that package free of charge.
Thanks for everyone’s advice. Dealer called me today with a vin and status went to D. This guy is a friend and he knew that’s what I would do anyway, so he wasn’t trying to sneak anything in on me. Hopefully my Jeep gets built now!

OP
OP

Semaj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
D1 as of Jan 23rd. Big jump since I've been in C since September!
Sponsored