Ordered Sept 28th and still in "C" status

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR
I wonder if "Non Equipment" means that they charge $795 to just turn on an option in the software, and that there is no additional hardware required to make the option work..
upload_2018-11-30_12-10-12.png
No - there is DEFINITELY more hardware. There is a big box mounted behind the rear-view mirror (there are a few threads discussing it).
Sponsored

lagunajim

I know about the "pod" behind the rearview mirror. The non-equipment category remains a mystery.

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR
I know about the "pod" behind the rearview mirror. The non-equipment category remains a mystery.
I'm with ya! Probably just a weird "glitch" but it is intriguing.

PS - I tested out the ACC and active braking and it's pretty cool! Still not ready to fully trust it but it's nice to know it has my back (hopefully) if I somehow get distracted.

Bloody Nova

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Civic SI sedan
Occupation
Retired
Nobody could explain to me why the option ALP - Advanced Safety Group shows up in the category "Non Equipment" and is also missing the several word description on the POC.

BUT, here is what ALP generates on a window sticker (in a JLR with manual trans) - so it's all good.

I wonder if "Non Equipment" means that they charge $795 to just turn on an option in the software, and that there is no additional hardware required to make the option work..

upload_2018-11-30_12-10-12.png
Yesterday I drove a 2 door 2019 Rubi with the ALP option. It’s a full senor packthey place up behind the rear view mirror. Not just software change. Dec 13th I ordered my 2019 Unlimited Rubicon with v6, manual, steel bumpers, and the works. Have a vin but no schedule build date. I’m in “C” status. I’ve heard Fed will likely be the build time frame. I sure hope not.

lagunajim

I ordered a 2 door rubi on 11-15. It went to D status almost immediate, and D1 12-14 (29 days from order).

I’m hopeful for end of January latest — so right on schedule with 8 week informal estimate.

Why some people get different results sucks. Mine has nearly all options, except I don’t do a hardtop.

Sponsored

Akbill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLUR
Hello,

I ordered my 19 Rubicon Sept 28th. I expected to get it sometime in November or December but I'm concerned it hasn't even moved to "D" status. Is anyone else still in C? I've got a bunch of restrictions: 24R, steel bumper, hard top, LED. I also noticed my invoice has ALP for advanced safety group but it doesn't have a description, just the intials and a price of 795 msrp. Is anyone else experiencing this?
Did you order the infotainment 8.4” upgrade? If not then that is the problem and you will be in C status until April when they will have parts for that build (wiring harness?). If you did order the infotainment upgrade then I have no clue as to the delay, but it’s not the LED I know that for sure.

SonicPearl

First Name
Smoke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL in Waiting
Hello,

I ordered my 19 Rubicon Sept 28th. I expected to get it sometime in November or December but I'm concerned it hasn't even moved to "D" status. Is anyone else still in C? I've got a bunch of restrictions: 24R, steel bumper, hard top, LED. I also noticed my invoice has ALP for advanced safety group but it doesn't have a description, just the intials and a price of 795 msrp. Is anyone else experiencing this?
This is concerning.

Axlenut

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Did you order the infotainment 8.4” upgrade? If not then that is the problem and you will be in C status until April when they will have parts for that build (wiring harness?). If you did order the infotainment upgrade then I have no clue as to the delay, but it’s not the LED I know that for sure.
I ordered 4dr Rubicon Sept 15th. I got a call from the dealer back on November 1 noting that I needed to upgrade to the 8.4 infotainment system to avoid a long delay, or take the advanced safety off. I upgraded. Last week I was told it’s scheduled to be built, But still status code C. All I know is It’s not here :(

Last edited:

Akbill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLUR
OK, so your dealer got the notice from FCA that my dealer says he never got, that you had to get the upgraded 8.4" to get the adaptive cruise control. Have you confirmed that the order adjustment actually went through officially, that the dealer successful got your order edited by FCA? Or did he just order you a new one?
What I finally did since no one could tell me why I was in C status after 8 weeks (jeep chat, case #, dealer), was I emailed the CEO's office. They told me I could ad the upgrade and it would be built, about 4 d later it was built, now waiting to get on train, KZ status.

Axlenut

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
I went to the dealer, and the GM is calling to find out what’s the deal. Should know tomorrow.

As far as the order change, the system shows it confirmed changed Nov 1

Last edited:

Sponsored

Akbill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLUR
sorry to hear it isn't built, don't know what the holdup might be. search for ceo here and you should find manley's email easily, can write him if not resolved this week.

levichar

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'95 YJ, Ordering '19 JL
I ordered practically everything on 11/5 and have been sitting in D1 since 12/13. No estimates of any kind.
Mojito Rubicon
11/5 ordered
11/8 BA and got vin
11/10 D
11/16. C
11/21 D
12/13. D1

Screenshot_20181220-233735.png

cjaama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
The way I’m reading this is that wiring harness is only an issue if one ordered without the infotainment group. Is that correct or should I expect a build delay even with the infotainment group?

I attempted to place an order and the dealer showed the infotainment group is currently a requirement for advanced safety.

Akbill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLUR
The way I’m reading this is that wiring harness is only an issue if one ordered without the infotainment group. Is that correct or should I expect a build delay even with the infotainment group?

I attempted to place an order and the dealer showed the infotainment group is currently a requirement for advanced safety.
We don't know exactly what part is currently unavailable and thus currently requires the infotainment group with the adaptive cruise control. In my post I said (wiring harness?"), it was a speculated possible reason, not a fact.
But yes, the infotainment group is required to get the adaptive speed control option until april when they have some other part that permits the factory to offer adaptive speed control without the infotainment option. there should not be a build delay now for orders with the adaptive cruise control AND the infotainment group upgrades together- but Jeep delays happen for a ton of other reasons too......

OP
OP

Semaj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 F150 71 Chevelle 65 mustang
No I did not. Can anyone confirm this? I don't want to be waiting another 4 months.
Sponsored