Sponsored

Ordered Rubicon 392 on 3/8, when can I expect delivery?

OP
OP

Vincent Mirabile

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jeep rubicon 392
Hey Vincent, I forgot to mention, check out this thread below, it gives a REALLY thorough explanation of the process, and what all of the stages or "Status Codes" mean, that your dealer can check for you.

I believe that D1 means that your build has been "scheduled", and assigned it's estimated shipping date, not that it is currently being built. There are several status codes for the various stages of when it actually is currently being built, and the author of that thread gives you a great breakdown of each.

Here's that link: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...er-build-tracking-and-delivery-process.54344/

And I feel you on the kid on Christmas eve thing, I've been waiting for the jolly guy in the red suit to pull up in my driveway since November.. 🎅

-Rob
Rob, what color were your wheels when your truck arrived? I'm seeing a lot of gun metal color but my rep said my wheels will be black, he said black is what they come with and there were no other choices at this time.
Sponsored

TCS1666

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 GMC Sierra Denali - 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392 (ordered) - 2017 GMC Acadia Denali (sold)
Rob, what color were your wheels when your truck arrived? I'm seeing a lot of gun metal color but my rep said my wheels will be black, he said black is what they come with and there were no other choices at this time.
The only wheels for the 392 are a bronze/grey/gun metal mixture depending on how the light hits them. Pretty cool really. Definitely not black!

Jeep Wrangler JL Ordered Rubicon 392 on 3/8, when can I expect delivery? CA53F0F7-C0B3-4283-8421-977A1D7829A4

Rob97RR

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 392 XR Rubi, 2023 C8 Corvette Z06 & 2023 Ducati
Occupation
Stay at home dad to 2 munchkins, best job in the world!
Ok guess my guy was wrong again...lol
I hate to ask, since this may be a dumb question, but are you sure you and your salesmen/rep are both talking about a 392? Only the regular Rubi's come with black wheels.. 🤷‍♂️

Sponsored

OP
OP

Vincent Mirabile

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jeep rubicon 392
I hate to ask, since this may be a dumb question, but are you sure you and your salesmen/rep are both talking about a 392? Only the regular Rubi's come with black wheels.. 🤷‍♂️
Lol.....yes I have my invoice and VIN and POC. My rep is new and is not too familiar with the truck obviously I was the first and only one to order one where I live. Its the 392.

OP
OP

Vincent Mirabile

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jeep rubicon 392
Lol.....yes I have my invoice and VIN and POC. My rep is new and is not too familiar with the truck obviously I was the first and only one to order one where I live. Its the 392.
I used him because he is my cousin and I got 5k off the invoice. I got every option except the half doors, didn't want them. I got the one touch roof, trailer package, front camera, etc.

Rob97RR

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
K, just wanted to make sure! 😄

Oh, and btw, I haven't received mine yet. My est. ship date was this past Friday, but it's apparently still in the final stages of being built, so it's still going to be a while... Hoping for the end of the month, but that will depend on how long it sits at the rail yard, waiting to be loaded onto the train. :(

OP
OP

Vincent Mirabile

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jeep rubicon 392
K, just wanted to make sure! 😄

Oh, and btw, I haven't received mine yet. My est. ship date was this past Friday, but it's apparently still in the final stages of being built, so it's still going to be a while... Hoping for the end of the month, but that will depend on how long it sits at the rail yard, waiting to be loaded onto the train. :(
Damn, and you ordered yours in November? Guess I won't see mine till September

Rob97RR

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Damn, and you ordered yours in November? Guess I won't see mine till September

Well, it won't necessarily take that long for you, because for the first 3 months that passed after most of us ordered back in November, they had not yet started production of the 392 at all. I don't remember off the top of my head, but I don't think they even started making 392s until late Feb or early March.

So if you look at it that way, if mine get's here by end of this month, it will only have been around 8 to 9 weeks since they actually began building them. You should (theoretically) get the benefit of not having to deal with the 3 month wait for them to begin production. But, that said, don't get too excited, because Jeep is nothing if not wildly unpredictable. ;)

Sponsored

OP
OP

Vincent Mirabile

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jeep rubicon 392
Well, it won't necessarily take that long for you, because for the first 3 months that passed after most of us ordered back in November, they had not yet started production of the 392 at all. I don't remember off the top of my head, but I don't think they even started making 392s until late Feb or early March.

So if you look at it that way, if mine get's here by end of this month, it will only have been around 8 to 9 weeks since they actually began building them. You should (theoretically) get the benefit of not having to deal with the 3 month wait for them to begin production. But, that said, don't get too excited, because Jeep is nothing if not wildly unpredictable. ;)
I was thinking the same thing...thanks. It sucks being so excited and there's nothing you can do but wait..lol

OP
OP

Vincent Mirabile

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jeep rubicon 392
I was thinking the same thing...thanks. It sucks being so excited and there's nothing you can do but wait..lol
Update, spoke with my sales rep today, he said there was still no change in my status. Im still in D status and it's been 6 weeks since I ordered it. I had a VIN # for 5 weeks. It's looking like I may be waiting a lot longer then the 8 weeks they told me. What do you guys think?

Rosco P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeepless at the moment.
Update, spoke with my sales rep today, he said there was still no change in my status. Im still in D status and it's been 6 weeks since I ordered it. I had a VIN # for 5 weeks. It's looking like I may be waiting a lot longer then the 8 weeks they told me. What do you guys think?
My guy, I’ve been in inspection status for almost 4 weeks. Still have JB abyss, and all the train rides to go. I am thinking at least 4 more weeks for mine. 8 weeks would be unlikely. By the time I get mine, it will have been built for more than 8 weeks.

OP
OP

Vincent Mirabile

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jeep rubicon 392
My guy, I’ve been in inspection status for almost 4 weeks. Still have JB abyss, and all the train rides to go. I am thinking at least 4 more weeks for mine. 8 weeks would be unlikely. By the time I get mine, it will have been built for more than 8 weeks.
When did you order yours? And what does the VIN # mean? My last 6 digits is 710987....