Sponsored

Ordered Rubicon 392 on 3/8, when can I expect delivery?

OP
OP

Vincent Mirabile

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jeep rubicon 392
ordered 11/21/2020 - took delivery 4/3/2021 - 19 weeks or 133 days, but who was counting 🤷‍♂️
I wasn't even able to order mine until 3/8. I've been asking my rep since the beginning of January and I was told they can't take orders yet. Then on 3/8 he said he can order it so I did. Its crazy
Sponsored

Rob97RR

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 392 XR Rubi, 2023 C8 Corvette Z06 & 2023 Ducati
Occupation
Stay at home dad to 2 munchkins, best job in the world!
Hey there Vincent, welcome to the forum! If you look at the last 6 digits of your vin, the first THREE seem to more relevant to when they get built. That's definitely NOT carved in stone, but those with the same first three numbers do seem to be "roughly" grouped together in batches.

For example the first "batch" to get built seemed to be mostly 633xxx and 634xxx vins. The second "wave" seems to have been a lot of 678xxx vins, etc.

But there does seem to be a few variables (known & unknown, but mostly unknown) that affect when each get's built. (Date of order, Options, Colors, etc)

Interestingly though, the date you order one from a dealer seems to be somewhat important, but not near as relevant as you might think, for whatever reasons. 🤷‍♂️ We've seen some members 392 orders progress relatively quickly from date of order, and we've seen at least a few that were ordered within the first few days (around November 19th to 22nd) that took forever to progress, and I believe a couple of those are even still languishing in the early stages.

It also is probably VERY dependent on whether or not someone's dealer actually had an open allocation when they took the buyer's order. But, that said, the fact that you already have a VIN is good progress!

Congrats, and now you have to keep us all updated! 🙂

Last edited:
OP
OP

Vincent Mirabile

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jeep rubicon 392
Hey there Vincent, welcome to the forum! If you look at the last 6 digits of your vin, the first THREE seem to more relevant to when they get built. That's definitely NOT carved in stone, but those with the same first three numbers do seem to be "roughly" grouped together in batches.

For example the first "batch" to get built seemed to be mostly 633xxx and 634xxx vins. The second "wave" seems to have been a lot of 678xxx vins, etc.

But there does seem to be a few variables (known & unknown, but mostly unknown) that affect when each get's built. (Date of order, Options, Colors, etc)

Interestingly though, the date you order one from a dealer seems to be somewhat important, but not near as relevant as you might think, for whatever reasons. 🤷‍♂️ We've seen some members 392 orders progress relatively quickly from date of order, and we've seen at least a few that were ordered within the first few days (around November 19th to 22nd) that took forever to progress, and I believe a couple of those are even still languishing in the early stages.

It also is probably VERY dependent on whether or not someone's dealer actually had an open allocation when they took the buyer's order. But, that said, the fact that you already have a VIN is good progress!

Congrats, and now you have to keep us all updated! 🙂
Thanks for explaining this to me, I appreciate it. I feel like a kid on Christmas Eve....lol. I call my rep every Monday for an update, he said I am currently in D status and when I get to D1 status that means the truck is being built. Who knows....I just can't wait!

OP
OP

Vincent Mirabile

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jeep rubicon 392
Thanks for explaining this to me, I appreciate it. I feel like a kid on Christmas Eve....lol. I call my rep every Monday for an update, he said I am currently in D status and when I get to D1 status that means the truck is being built. Who knows....I just can't wait!
I just checked my VIN I was given...the last 6 digits are 710987....whatever that means.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Vincent Mirabile

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jeep rubicon 392
I just checked my VIN I was given...the last 6 digits are 710987....whatever that means.
That’s going to be a lot of Christmas Eve’s!
Yeah....I have a bad feeling I will be waiting a lot longer then the 6-8 weeks I was told. Tomorrow is 5 weeks already. It is what it is, nothing we can do

TCS1666

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 GMC Sierra Denali - 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392 (ordered) - 2017 GMC Acadia Denali (sold)

wildallways

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Rubicon 392 2021 Ford Explorer ST
35x11.5R17 Toyo Open Country AT3 - One of just a few 35s that come in load range C
Thanks for tire size info. I was thinking I would possibly go 37s but I like the look of the 35s on yours. I got blue too, its the fastest color. Plus I don't really want the added weight that comes with the 37s.

Sponsored

TCS1666

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 GMC Sierra Denali - 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392 (ordered) - 2017 GMC Acadia Denali (sold)
currently in D status and when I get to D1 status that means the truck is being built. Who knows....
@Vincent Mirabile to give you some perspective on the flow as you progress, below is the timeline for my 392. Beware of the D1-to-D Regress...it's real! :swear: The bottom line is, don't get caught up too much on a standard process. I don't think one exists. 🤷‍♂️ It is very frustrating going through this as you are exited as hell to get the rig and Jeep's communication sucks at best and your dealership will have little to no information until it ships. The best advice I can give anyone is to be patient. 😎 Easier said than done, I know. But the alternative leaves you :headbang: and that is no fun... Before you know it, you will be :dance: next to your shiny new :jk:

ordered 11/21/2020, VIN assigned and in D status 12/10/2020, D1 status 1/22/2021, D1-D Regress 2/9/2021, Back to D1 2/15/2021 with est. ship date of 3/4/2021, 3/9/2021, 3/25/2021, in paint (F) 3/22/2021, I status (pending final inspection) 3/23/2021, KZ status as of 3/25/2021, arrived at dealership 4/2/2021, took delivery 4/3/2021​

OP
OP

Vincent Mirabile

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jeep rubicon 392
@Vincent Mirabile to give you some perspective on the flow as you progress, below is the timeline for my 392. Beware of the D1-to-D Regress...it's real! :swear: The bottom line is, don't get caught up too much on a standard process. I don't think one exists. 🤷‍♂️ It is very frustrating going through this as you are exited as hell to get the rig and Jeep's communication sucks at best and your dealership will have little to no information until it ships. The best advice I can give anyone is to be patient. 😎 Easier said than done, I know. But the alternative leaves you :headbang: and that is no fun... Before you know it, you will be :dance: next to your shiny new :jk:

ordered 11/21/2020, VIN assigned and in D status 12/10/2020, D1 status 1/22/2021, D1-D Regress 2/9/2021, Back to D1 2/15/2021 with est. ship date of 3/4/2021, 3/9/2021, 3/25/2021, in paint (F) 3/22/2021, I status (pending final inspection) 3/23/2021, KZ status as of 3/25/2021, arrived at dealership 4/2/2021, took delivery 4/3/2021​
Thank you for your explanation. Your emojis had me laughing 😅. Guess we will just see what happens....

Rob97RR

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 392 XR Rubi, 2023 C8 Corvette Z06 & 2023 Ducati
Occupation
Stay at home dad to 2 munchkins, best job in the world!

Hey Vincent, I forgot to mention, check out this thread below, it gives a REALLY thorough explanation of the process, and what all of the stages or "Status Codes" mean, that your dealer can check for you.

I believe that D1 means that your build has been "scheduled", and assigned it's estimated shipping date, not that it is currently being built. There are several status codes for the various stages of when it actually is currently being built, and the author of that thread gives you a great breakdown of each.

Here's that link: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...er-build-tracking-and-delivery-process.54344/

And I feel you on the kid on Christmas eve thing, I've been waiting for the jolly guy in the red suit to pull up in my driveway since November.. 🎅

-Rob

OP
OP

Vincent Mirabile

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jeep rubicon 392
Hey Vincent, I forgot to mention, check out this thread below, it gives a REALLY thorough explanation of the process, and what all of the stages or "Status Codes" mean, that your dealer can check for you.

I believe that D1 means that your build has been "scheduled", and assigned it's estimated shipping date, not that it is currently being built. There are several status codes for the various stages of when it actually is currently being built, and the author of that thread gives you a great breakdown of each.

Here's that link: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...er-build-tracking-and-delivery-process.54344/

And I feel you on the kid on Christmas eve thing, I've been waiting for the jolly guy in the red suit to pull up in my driveway since November.. 🎅

-Rob
Thanks a lot Rob, I'll check it out.