Sponsored

Ordered new JULR!-now why the worries?

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
I'm protected if there is a problem caused by the install to other components.
Well, you say that... and they say that, but I'd be awful curious to see how well that'll work out for you if it's ever put to the test. Sure, you've got a contract and signed this and paperwork that, but extended warranties on aftermarket parts, especially ones that significantly modify the vehicle, are never that cut and dry. Ever. I sincerely hope you never have to find out.

Unless, of course, you've got something like USAA where you don't even have to finish describing what happened before they just start raining cash on you as if you're on a dance floor with a pole behind you.
Sponsored

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
Warranty is a good point, I'll look into it. Can't wait for it to be here, but its only been a week so I'm thinking couple months out yet. Thanks for all the input, when they are expensive as they are now a person just wants everything to go well!
If you buy a warranty , then nothing will go wrong . If you don't buy a warranty , then stuff will go wrong .

If you do not speed and pass on the highway , you will not have an accident . However , if you speed and pass on the highway , you will have an accident and your insurance will increase .

I laugh whenever the wuss Mercedes owners complain about the costs of replacing their air conditioning compressors or power windows motors . I open the rear lift-up window on my Jeep and I have free air conditioning , and I roll down my Jeep window crank for free power windows .

Last edited:

old8tora

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Sport
Unless, of course, you've got something like USAA where you don't even have to finish describing what happened before they just start raining cash on you as if you're on a dance floor with a pole behind you.
True , however the USAA extended warranty is not-lifetime . Their price is the same as my mopar lifetime , so I opted for the mopar lifetime . Lifetime is longer than not-lifetime .

The main advantages of USAA are you can go to any licensed repair shop , they pay for new , not rebuilt parts , and they pay in full right away . So , if you are military and don't plan of keeping your Jeep for a lifetime , then USAA is first on the list .

@OUTDOORTREE

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
After having a 2004 Rubicon back in the day that I purposely let go for a more family friendly vehicle, I finally was able to order a JLUR three days ago! Kids are big enough to get in and out and I'm getting the list of mods ready.

I'm so excited and it really is a dream realized... needless to say my 2004 reference was blown out of the water with the new JL.. anticipation is putting it mildly.

So I looked for a jeep forum and really like it here.. but now after reading threads.. should I be waiting for steering problems, electronic issues, my future white grill to turn yellow, etc.?? It's like reading WebMD when you have a headache.. you'll think you're terminal.

I know it's a new model year, it's a "jeep thing", and so on but I still can't have my extreme enthusiasm and excitement dampened a bit..I'm still pumped, I guess I'll deal with anything that comes my way.. anyone else feel the same?
4500 miles and no problems

JeeperKeeper

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Willy’s Unlimited
I got a piece of crap 2921 Willys with many many serious issues I dumped it at 250 miles. There is a high probability of some quality issues especially the paint bubbling issue has not ever been corrected good luck. I will not take another gamble until they do something about all these quality and mechanical issues. I mean they can’t paint them right they can’t get the electronics right and sone have major steering issues then there’s the clutch I mean really clutch problems? This isn’t rocket science. My wives Cherokee has had a few minor issues but my wrangler was a junk box. It’s a ton of money for this many problems.
Sponsored