Sponsored

Ordered my 4xe today - Breakdown and prices

StanleyCup99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler wannabe
Ordered my 4xe today. Pretty fully loaded Sahara. Couple of things:

• They cut $4000 of the MSRP, so I can't complain about that. My friend who just ordered a Toyota RAV4 Prime PHEV had to pay full MSRP (and he said many dealers are charging MORE so he had to shop around just to get MSRP). So nice to know the Jeep's are not just selling at MSRP. (but then they seem to have the 1.5k destination charge twice, will have to ask them about that)

• I could order the Snazzberry (the color I wanted) but they did not have the ability to order the black hardtop, only the body color one. I actually LIKE the black one better (even if it was the same price). So that was a waste of $1000 (the difference) as far as I am concerned.

• A few options were slightly more expensive then on the web site for other models (like $645 vs $545 for the remote proximity (yes, a total waste, but that was my one splurge) and the hardtop was a little more.

• I did not get the headliner. I already ordered a Hothead headliner, window panel. sound assassin strips and half floor package with 10% discount for $644, not much more then the Mopar would cost and it supposedly looks better and I get more insulation.

• I HATE, HATE, HATE the 20" wheels, but you can't do anything about that. They look stupid (IMHO) and get worse gas mileage. I'm going to see if I can somehow do a 1:1 swap with someone for 17" or 18" wheels (after all the 20" ones are more expensive!)

Overall I got a pretty fully loaded Sahara 4xe out the door (with destination, registration, 'processing fee' and Virginia sales tax) for $57,092. Then with the $7500 tax credit (the dealer has nothing to do with that) it comes to about $50k (with the 3rd party headliner). I can deal with that.

My Jeep Build.png
Package 29P? Whats that again?

asking bc im looking at a 29N, the high altitude package for the sahara 4XE
Sponsored

robynE

First Name
Robyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
Not exactly sure but I know it includes 8.4" screen, led headlights, premium sound system. I have the order sheets that shows the 29n package....stand by

robynE

First Name
Robyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
Jeep Wrangler JL Ordered my 4xe today - Breakdown and prices 20210101_201842

Not sure how helpful this is because it doesn't show the stuff I named above. It's a bit confusing.

StanleyCup99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler wannabe
So yeah, just reviewed the order guide and a bunch of paperwork. 29N is indeed the high altitude package which comes with a lot of the body color accents such as body color hard top and fender flares. I know FCA has been promoting the high altitude as a jeep with more of a luxury feel. 29P is the base Sahara 4XE package.

StanleyCup99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler wannabe
My understanding (please correct any inaccuracies)

29N
Base Sahara 4XE package which includes the 20” wheels, leather trimmed bucket seats, LED grp, the 8.4” display, alpine audio upgrade, the 2.72 selec trac 4wd system, and the Dana 44 HD axles

29P specifically refers to the Sahara 4XE High Altitude. This will have a body color hard top (sky top available for a $1900 surcharge), body color accents such as fender flares, body color front and rear bumpers.....notice the “body color” theme!! Also has the safety group, remote keyless entry. If you want remote start, you can get that by adding the cold weather package.

Sponsored

Skeethree

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURe, 2022 Rav4 Prime, 2020 Highlande Hybrid
Occupation
Architect
Ordered my 4xe today. Pretty fully loaded Sahara. Couple of things:

• They cut $4000 of the MSRP, so I can't complain about that. My friend who just ordered a Toyota RAV4 Prime PHEV had to pay full MSRP (and he said many dealers are charging MORE so he had to shop around just to get MSRP). So nice to know the Jeep's are not just selling at MSRP. (but then they seem to have the 1.5k destination charge twice, will have to ask them about that)

• I could order the Snazzberry (the color I wanted) but they did not have the ability to order the black hardtop, only the body color one. I actually LIKE the black one better (even if it was the same price). So that was a waste of $1000 (the difference) as far as I am concerned.

• A few options were slightly more expensive then on the web site for other models (like $645 vs $545 for the remote proximity (yes, a total waste, but that was my one splurge) and the hardtop was a little more.

• I did not get the headliner. I already ordered a Hothead headliner, window panel. sound assassin strips and half floor package with 10% discount for $644, not much more then the Mopar would cost and it supposedly looks better and I get more insulation.

• I HATE, HATE, HATE the 20" wheels, but you can't do anything about that. They look stupid (IMHO) and get worse gas mileage. I'm going to see if I can somehow do a 1:1 swap with someone for 17" or 18" wheels (after all the 20" ones are more expensive!)
The Destination fee shell game is a DC area marketing trick. They are legally allowed to advertise the price without the destination fee included. They show the MSRP as the suggested retail then apply the discount which looks good until you realize they add the destination fee back in. It does look like you are paying the destination fee twice. Again nothing illegal, dealers in VA and MD both use this misleading tactic to make the deal look better than it is.

Craig at Koons is a no BS guy. He will make sure you are taken care off. The other sales guys there can and will try to make more money on your purchase.
Overall I got a pretty fully loaded Sahara 4xe out the door (with destination, registration, 'processing fee' and Virginia sales tax) for $57,092. Then with the $7500 tax credit (the dealer has nothing to do with that) it comes to about $50k (with the 3rd party headliner). I can deal with that.

What’s with that $900 “processing fee”? Looks suspiciously like dealer added profit to me.

Jeep Wrangler JL Ordered my 4xe today - Breakdown and prices 2F2C18B4-F531-4AA7-8A1A-97EE3F325B08

Jehovasfitness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR and '04 Z06
I recommend Koons Jeep in Tysons Virginia. Ask for Craig and mention this forum and you will get 5% off invoice. I don't know if they ship, but my bet is they will.
Can you send me Craig's email address?

graniterubi2dr

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JL Rubicon (on order)
Occupation
Automation lead
The Destination fee shell game is a DC area marketing trick. They are legally allowed to advertise the price without the destination fee included. They show the MSRP as the suggested retail then apply the discount which looks good until you realize they add the destination fee back in. It does look like you are paying the destination fee twice. Again nothing illegal, dealers in VA and MD both use this misleading tactic to make the deal look better than it is.

Craig at Koons is a no BS guy. He will make sure you are taken care off. The other sales guys there can and will try to make more money on your purchase.

HI Guys,
I'm toying with the idea of trading in my 2019 Rubi 2 door for a the Rubicon 4Xe, i got my 2019 jeep from Craig, he was awesome. i recommended him to to other people who also got their jeeps from him. I'm glad to see he is a no BS kind of guy. your info in the posts is very helpful for me, I appreciate all the assistance available on this forum. Its because of this forum i even found craig at Koons in the first place. Just to confirm i should expect 5% under invoice and 1K credit if i finance with them? this is what everyone else is getting? Any other incentives to think about?

Once again thanks to everyone!

Sponsored

robynE

First Name
Robyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
HI Guys,
I'm toying with the idea of trading in my 2019 Rubi 2 door for a the Rubicon 4Xe, i got my 2019 jeep from Craig, he was awesome. i recommended him to to other people who also got their jeeps from him. I'm glad to see he is a no BS kind of guy. your info in the posts is very helpful for me, I appreciate all the assistance available on this forum. Its because of this forum i even found craig at Koons in the first place. Just to confirm i should expect 5% under invoice and 1K credit if i finance with them? this is what everyone else is getting? Any other incentives to think about?

Once again thanks to everyone!
I got 5 % off invoice working with Craig.

I'm attaching my invoice so you can see what was done.

Attachments

graniterubi2dr

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JL Rubicon (on order)
Occupation
Automation lead
I got 5 % off invoice working with Craig.

I'm attaching my invoice so you can see what was done.
Thanks ! just wrote him, lets see what he can work up. your paperwork will help me line up discounts. I'm wondering what my 2019 rubicon is worth to those guys.

Mike W

sk00pie

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Willys
Do you know what the Sahara looks like yet? I'm mostly curious about the wheels. Not a huge fan of the high altitude 20s. I like a few of the 4xe concept wheels I've seen. I guess nobody knows?

robynE

First Name
Robyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
The wheels remain the biggest mystery! I haven't really gotten a look at them and that is still bugging me even though I placed my order on 12/1. There was a pre production photo floating around but it wasn't a good photo.

sk00pie

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Willys
The wheels remain the biggest mystery! I haven't really gotten a look at them and that is still bugging me even though I placed my order on 12/1. There was a pre production photo floating around but it wasn't a good photo.
Ugh I know! The one forum member who’s been testing the 4xe Sahara shows it has the high altitude wheels. Wondering if itl share those or have special 4xe wheels.
Sponsored