Asterix2112

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler 4xe
Ordered my 4xe today. Pretty fully loaded Sahara. Couple of things:

• They cut $4000 of the MSRP, so I can't complain about that. My friend who just ordered a Toyota RAV4 Prime PHEV had to pay full MSRP (and he said many dealers are charging MORE so he had to shop around just to get MSRP). So nice to know the Jeep's are not just selling at MSRP. (but then they seem to have the 1.5k destination charge twice, will have to ask them about that)

• I could order the Snazzberry (the color I wanted) but they did not have the ability to order the black hardtop, only the body color one. I actually LIKE the black one better (even if it was the same price). So that was a waste of $1000 (the difference) as far as I am concerned.

• A few options were slightly more expensive then on the web site for other models (like $645 vs $545 for the remote proximity (yes, a total waste, but that was my one splurge) and the hardtop was a little more.

• I did not get the headliner. I already ordered a Hothead headliner, window panel. sound assassin strips and half floor package with 10% discount for $644, not much more then the Mopar would cost and it supposedly looks better and I get more insulation.

• I HATE, HATE, HATE the 20" wheels, but you can't do anything about that. They look stupid (IMHO) and get worse gas mileage. I'm going to see if I can somehow do a 1:1 swap with someone for 17" or 18" wheels (after all the 20" ones are more expensive!)

Overall I got a pretty fully loaded Sahara 4xe out the door (with destination, registration, 'processing fee' and Virginia sales tax) for $57,092. Then with the $7500 tax credit (the dealer has nothing to do with that) it comes to about $50k (with the 3rd party headliner). I can deal with that.

Jeep Wrangler JL Ordered my 4xe today - Breakdown and prices My Jeep Build
Sponsored

robynE

First Name
Robyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
Is your destination charge added twice? Your bottom line number doesn't seem quite correct. Something isn't adding up right. I'm still trying to figure it out. Here are my sheet below. Compare and see if they have your numbers right. Oh I see the $1000 Chrysler financing offer of $1000 off isn't on your sheet. We basically ordered the exact same Sahara 4xe.

Attachments

robynE

First Name
Robyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
Or maybe my math is bad? I'm still looking it over again.

OP
OP

Asterix2112

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler 4xe
Or maybe my math is bad? I'm still looking it over again.
No, they defiantly charged me twice. You do not have the Destination Charge in the Sales Offer section like I do (and we both have it in the build)
Would have been nice if my guy told me about the 5% off BEFORE. Now I want to add on the advanced safety group (I have asked my rep to do that). I also would do the $1000 for the financing with them! I need to go back in tomorrow morning.

Thanks for posting yours, will help me tomorrow!!!

Sponsored

robynE

First Name
Robyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
Great. Glad to be helpful. I did mine totally over the phone. Craig is the person that sent me my sheets today but he isn't my salesman. He us the order person. You can probably just call them.

robynE

First Name
Robyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
I guess they only offer the 5% off invoice if you ask about it. I just emailed Craig today to say I saw others on the forum are getting 5% and could I expect the same. He replied back with my discounted invoice attached! We had never even discussed the pricing before today. It seems they would try to give the standard amount off since they know we literally compare notes on the forum. I ordered mine 12/1 before the pricing was announced so a big sigh of relief on the price.

Geesmill

First Name
Gees
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Duramax; Chevy Volt
That looks like a good deal. Congrats on the order. Did Koons have any idea on delivery?

robynE

First Name
Robyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
I ordered mine 12/1 and I didn't bother to ask today because I don't think any date they give me would be based on anything other than a WAG. The invoice sheet says 45 days to first payment but again probably just a guess.

OP
OP

Asterix2112

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler 4xe
Robyn, well thanks. Not only did they drop the $1.5k double destination charge (which somehow they guy was arguing that it was not a double charge) but also took off the $1K as long as I finance with them. The way the guy was arguing initially (he was telling me Craig had a special deal only for certain 'members', and then that I already signed and agreed to it so tough) I think having your paperwork with me made the difference!

Sponsored

robynE

First Name
Robyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
Well I hope I didn't get put on the naughty list at koons for sharing my happy price, but I would assume they love having their name spoken on the forums.

Jesseric2

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1976 Corvette, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4xe on order
The order is not an order yet, it has no order date and time, also the VON # should be there. Build status is 99. Mine build status is 01 from the start.

OP
OP

Asterix2112

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler 4xe
Well I hope I didn't get put on the naughty list at koons for sharing my happy price, but I would assume they love having their name spoken on the forums.
I never mentioned your name and only showed the fact that the $1495 was not on your order sheet. I just said 'another person on the Jeep Forum'...

cclark20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 4XE
The Destination fee shell game is a DC area marketing trick. They are legally allowed to advertise the price without the destination fee included. They show the MSRP as the suggested retail then apply the discount which looks good until you realize they add the destination fee back in. It does look like you are paying the destination fee twice. Again nothing illegal, dealers in VA and MD both use this misleading tactic to make the deal look better than it is.

Craig at Koons is a no BS guy. He will make sure you are taken care off. The other sales guys there can and will try to make more money on your purchase.
Sponsored

Last edited: