Sponsored

Ordered a '22 Rubicon, want to add SKY one-touch...what to do?

Carbonalpine

First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘14 JKU; '22 JLUR XR
I know once you get a VIN you can't change the order, but my wife wants the sky one-touch option. I ordered Nov. 4 and it's still in the "gathering parts" phase. My dealer took a $1k non-refundable deposit from me. Has this happened to any of you, and what are my chances of re-ordering with the sky one-touch and not losing my deposit?

Thanks
Sponsored

Blanco802

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
I think this varies by dealer. Have you called them to see if the SOT can be added? If not, have you inquired whether you can reorder a new one (going back in the queue) without losing the $1k. If the dealer says no on both, your options may be limited without losing your deposit

ras815

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe
There's only one source with the definite answer to this: your dealer. Can't hurt to ask.

OP
OP
Carbonalpine

Carbonalpine

First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘14 JKU; '22 JLUR XR
I left my salesguy messages and voicemails. I know the answer because I signed an agreement with strict "no refunds" unless order comes with damage. I was just hoping since I'll re-order with the same dealer that they can do an exception since they sold me the unit at 6% under invoice and they will sell it for msrp at least.

To those that have the SOT, is it worth the mission I'm going through? Lost $1,000 deposit and extra wait

ras815

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe
I left my salesguy messages and voicemails. I know the answer because I signed an agreement with strict "no refunds" unless order comes with damage. I was just hoping since I'll re-order with the same dealer that they can do an exception since they sold me the unit at 6% under invoice and they will sell it for msrp at least.

To those that have the SOT, is it worth the mission I'm going through? Lost $1,000 deposit and extra wait
You could also order one from a dealer that doesn't charge a deposit, and then flip the first one when it arrives. Riskier, but at least you don't lose the $1k deposit which sounds like a big waste to me.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Carbonalpine

Carbonalpine

First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘14 JKU; '22 JLUR XR
You could also order one from a dealer that doesn't charge a deposit, and then flip the first one when it arrives. Riskier, but at least you don't lose the $1k deposit which sounds like a big waste to me.

I know, I'm so pissed I didn't think of adding that option from the start. I was contemplating your idea but if the market softens I'll end up with 3 wranglers lol. I ordered mine loaded also minus the SOT

I wish options can be added before build begins, mine is still in scheduling phase. Whatever, either I lose $1k or I stay with the hardtop

ras815

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe
I know, I'm so pissed I didn't think of adding that option from the start. I was contemplating your idea but if the market softens I'll end up with 3 wranglers lol. I ordered mine loaded also minus the SOT

I wish options can be added before build begins, mine is still in scheduling phase. Whatever, either I lose $1k or I stay with the hardtop
If it were me, I'd probably stick with the hardtop and learn to love it. Also, not sure if your prior order is sold order protected, but apparently prices across the board got a HUGE bump today. So a new order would potentially cost you $2k+ more, plus losing the $1k deposit.

OP
OP
Carbonalpine

Carbonalpine

First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘14 JKU; '22 JLUR XR
If it were me, I'd probably stick with the hardtop and learn to love it. Also, not sure if your prior order is sold order protected, but apparently prices across the board got a HUGE bump today. So a new order would potentially cost you $2k+ more, plus losing the $1k deposit.

Really? I didn't know this... I ordered November 4th. So today the prices went up msrp? Online on their website it still shows same price as last month.

mllcb42

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe HA, 392XR
Really? I didn't know this... I ordered November 4th. So today the prices went up msrp? Online on their website it still shows same price as last month.
The website will probably reflect the new prices in another 3 months

OP
OP
Carbonalpine

Carbonalpine

First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘14 JKU; '22 JLUR XR
The website will probably reflect the new prices in another 3 months
Oh wow, so that pretty much settles my debate! lol

I signed a buyers order with all the numbers and based my deposit on that. It shows my balance after my deposit. I hope that's enough to avoid the increase on my current order.

Sponsored

JPJr70

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Willys 2dr
With the market the way it is, that's a very viable option.
...ask me how I know. ;)
Chapman will order with just an email.
It's a bit nerve-wracking speculating on when this market bubble will burst, but you probably still have time.
Pop the VIN into one of the online car buying sites and see what they'll give you for it.
I've used both Vroom and givemethevin.

We LOVE our SOT, by the way.

Deleted member 59498

Any where to see this price bumps?

mllcb42

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe HA, 392XR
Oh wow, so that pretty much settles my debate! lol

I signed a buyers order with all the numbers and based my deposit on that. It shows my balance after my deposit. I hope that's enough to avoid the increase on my current order.

An example

Before
E9E59A65-C2E7-46FF-8B72-96106699A4E8.jpeg

After
54501E08-4E8B-42E6-B075-A69F3E8A430E.jpeg

Deleted member 59498

Glass has to be a joke. LOL 500 dollars, 200 was too much.

Strange the order guide for Jan doesn't show it.
Sponsored