YippieKiYayMrFalcon

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th Anniversary
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry, I can’t be bothered to read the full 6 pages of this thread, but if every single post isn’t “keep that LJ”, they should be.

Is it a manual or automatic? Either way, I’ve seen super clean LJs listed for $20k. No idea if they actually fetch that, but I can’t imagine 10k would be hard at all to get private party.

But you shouldn’t sell it. If it was a regular TJ, I’d say maybe list it. But a TJ unlimited? Na.
Sponsored

Fargo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Rubicon Unlimited Sahara Limited edition
If you want something different, you can always get a half top from GR8TOPS and do a little conversion. Wait, no you don't want that. I'll just call you in April and take that Jeep off your hands.

Jeep Wrangler JL Ordered a 22 , having a hard time trading in 04 1636419868409

Jeep Wrangler JL Ordered a 22 , having a hard time trading in 04 1636419943939

#1 for me

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Bright white loaded ordered 9/18 Corvette, z28 Camaro, Mustang GT, Chev z71, GMC Canyon, Yamaha YXZ 1000rss, Yamaha 660 Raptor
Occupation
UAW GM Corvette Assembly Plant QC .
I really don't want to part with it , but I only have so much room to park vehicles . I don't know what it is worth , but I was thinking around 8-10 thousand . It has a new soft top and windows that I bought when new , been moving them around my garage for 17 plus years .
I was told by my dealer the new wrangler won't be in for 6 months . That gives me a lot of time to make best choice , 6000.00 is not enough . If I can't sell it for more than that I will find a place to park it .
Go on cargurus .com and check prices . A friend of mine sold his 05 LJ with a 158,000 miles for $14,900.00 about 6weeks ago . That dealer is trying to stick it to you .

johnnyj

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeepless but still a fan.
When I bought my 20' they offered me 5 in trade for my 2006 LJ. I said not a penny less than 8 or I walk. They took it. Im sure I could have easily got 10 private sale. Imo push harder or post it online.

RowdySouth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR Mojito 6-speed, 2000 TJ (retired)
They'll pay half the going rate, pull out the little violin, and tell you it needs a ton of work and they cant really move it except by auction at best. The next day its on their front lawn and listed for 13.5k. List it privately for 8.5-10k. Split the difference if you have the time; otherwise, let it go.

Sponsored

JoeBanks

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Sport JLU
Is the frame in good shape?
If yes, I’d say $10-$12K private sale price.
You could probably sell it in classifieds here and get a decent deal. 🤔
If I hadn’t just bought a new Willys JLU I would have been interested…decent TJs are really hard to find & getting pricey.

Hennessey17

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sport
I don't know what the used car market is like near you, but I live in Milwaukee and am from Chicago... you could easily get $12-15k in Northern IL/SE Wisconsin... if not more.

And honestly, if a vehicle like yours was available in my area this past summer, I probably would have bought that instead of ordering a new one...

Around here, Wranglers less than 10 years old, even with 200k miles are still going for over 20K.

The cheapest Wrangler on Autotrade in this area is a 20 year old 2 door and they're asking $11k.

Good luck with what you do... but don't let the dealers profit off it.

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
When you can see that much rust on the exterior, front fenders rusted through with peeling paint and the rust at the rear of the tub, the underside is usually a mess. The low offer by the dealer says that they don’t even want to wash it, it’ll go straight to auction.

The TJ frames had some issues when it came to rust. If there is any scale or a single perforation on the frame of this Jeep then it’s remaining value is as a winter beater or farm/ranch use.

If the frame is good and the tub itself has no rust, then it’s an easy save. Front fenders are cheap, these are not worth fixing. The rest is just pressure washing, wire brush and rust converter underneath.

This would be a perfect candidate for a custom build, as it can be bought right. The same year, miles and condition (minus rust) here in rust free Central Texas would be priced just below $20k. Below 100k miles and the prices get stupid.

OP
OP
Slaw32

Slaw32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 willy's sport
There is no rust on the body . Everything underneath is solid , dirty , but it is almost 18 years old . It's a very hard decision . 10,000 will go a long way on the cost of a new one . I really like the idea of keeping this one and making it a project , but I have to face reality , I'm in my mid sixty's . Have to retire someday soon .

Koolkarguy

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro blue Jt 2012 Gecko green Jk 2021 Gecko
I have posted pictures earlier in the thread . With a little over 131,000 miles on it , not saying it's new , but is is a solid vehicle . I don't want to screw anybody , but I don't want want to get taken advantage of either . I know that whoever buys it will be getting a fair deal .
Hey when your ready to sell let me know i have 6 Jeeps personally and also sell lots of Jeeps i would be interested i buy from all over the country. I might just keep it and use for a driver lol and keep the miles off my 04 Lj electric with 19k miles