Ordered a 2021 Rubicon on September 12, 2021

Garo

First Name
Georgia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon
I ordered 2021 Rubicon on Saturday 9/12/20. The sales rep had an error on the Configuration Review sheet - he selected the MT tires instead of the Standard AT Off Road Tires. I found the error before I paid the $1,000 deposit and he assured me it would be corrected. I followed up with the salesman before the order was placed the morning of Monday 9/14/20 and was assured the correct (AT Off Road) tires would be ordered.

I received the Priced Order Conformation (POC) on 9/17/20 and the jeep had been ordered with the wrong tires. He assured me he would get it corrected. He notified me on 9/19 and said Jeep would not make the change since the VIN had been assigned. Does it sound correct that Jeep would not allow for such a minor change 3 days after the order was placed?

The dealership has offered to change the MT tires to AT tires if I do not like the MT tires. The MT appearance on the Rubicon is fine but I am concerned about noise and a rougher ride since I will be on pavement 75% of the time. How much more noise can I expect from MT tire versus the AT tires?
Sponsored

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
Same thing happened to me, I knew I was taking the tires off immediately but the BFG KO2's sell faster and for more than the Falken's...I had the dealer switch tires (they just swapped them with another Rubi on the lot) before I left the dealership. And yes, the Falken MT's will be much noisier and ride rougher than the KO2's...

WillysGirl

First Name
Dara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys
Correct. Generally once the vin is issued no changes can be made.

I have the stock MTs that come with the Willys. Took about 30 seconds to get used to. Not too much noise. I actually like the added sound. I wouldn’t really call it noise. It is definitely not deafening.

Last edited: