Sponsored

Ordered 2022 JLU in December 2021 and still waiting in D1 status. WT actual F? Please help?

MadHatter

First Name
Heather
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon o|||||||o
Hey everyone, sorry for the lengthy post....hoping the really smart and resourceful folks in this forum can help advise on the issue I am having with my 2022 JLU order. Thank you in advance for your feedback!

Below I will list the timeline of events from the date I placed my order until now, almost mid-May 2022:

December 22, 2021: I placed my order for a 2022 JLU Rubicon through my local Jeep dealer in Raleigh, NC.

January 31, 2022: I received an email confirmation from [email protected], it provided the estimated delivery date (March 8, 2022) and the VIN number for my new Jeep.

March 8, 2022: The estimated delivery date came and went, and no Jeep was delivered to the dealership. So I called my salesperson and he told me it was still in "schedule" status. (womp womp)

March 12, 2022: I called Jeep Customer Service to find out what was going on. The representative said it was still in "Schedule" status and that since so much time had passed since I placed the order, they were going to escalate my request for a status update by opening a "case" that would be assigned to a caseworker, called a "Jeep Brand Mentor". This caseworker would be able to contact the Jeep plant in Ohio to get a status update and find out why there is a delay. I was given a case number for tracking purposes and told someone would call me back within 24-48 hours, but I never received a callback.

April 2022: I called Jeep Customer Service again. The rep stated my order had moved to D1 status, but since their system was "down" they could not provide any other updates.

May 3, 2022: I called Jeep Customer Service again. The rep stated my order was still in D1 status and confirmed that all parts are accounted for, but they can not tell me why they have not started the build yet. Their system was "still down" and they could not provide any other updates. They opened a new, second case, with a new caseworker and told me that they would call the plant and provide an update to me within 24-48 hours. This time I received an email confirming that a case had been opened and listed the case number, the Brand Mentors name, phone number, and extension. (Yay! Maybe we're finally getting somewhere?!. Nope, not so fast...)

May 5, 2022: I replied to the email from the caseworker, requesting an update on my order status. No response.

May 6, 2022: I called Jeep Customer Service again. Still in D1 status, and my caseworker (Jeep Brand Mentor) was unavailable. The rep told me that they would ask the caseworker to call me back later that day. By that evening, I texted my salesperson for an update and he stated that the Jeep order status system had been hacked and they were having issues accessing this information at the local dealership level too.

May 11, 2022: I called Jeep Customer Service again. Still in D1 status, and my caseworker was unavailable again. The rep told me that they'd have the caseworker reach out to me with an update tomorrow.

I am trying so hard to be patient and it just boggles my mind that in 2022, a corporation the size of Jeep doesn't have an automated tracking system where customers can track this in real-time. šŸ¤Æ

I know this is totally a first-world problem, but my frustration levels are high. I used to take my Jeep to the trails or to the beach on the weekends. This is the second Jeep I have ordered since the pandemic began. My first one was a 2021 JLU, ordered in mid-October 2020 and I received it by December 3, 2020 (Not a bad turnaround time!) But then someone rear-ended me going about 60 mph as I was stopped in traffic on a highway in late-November 2021. That Jeep was totaled but we are all alive. As soon as I got the check from my insurance company, I placed the order to replace my other one. The order for the 2022 JLU was placed in December 2021 ....and I am still waiting... still without a car.

I have a paper trail, I have the VIN # and the VON #, so I know the order has been placed.

So that is why I turned to the Jeep forum tonight for any insight and/or help possible. So far, my forum search provided the following clues/tools:

I feel like I have sufficiently gone down the Jeep order tracking rabbit hole with no way to get an actual update. Can anyone advise or help? Thanks!
Sponsored

David S

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
WOW is all I can say, Somebody dropped the Ball. What model, packages,Color etc did you order?

OP
OP
MadHatter

MadHatter

First Name
Heather
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon o|||||||o
WOW is all I can say, Somebody dropped the Ball. What model, packages,Color etc did you order?
I ordered a Rubicon fully loaded with one touch and the recon package. Pretty much checked every box but the smoker package lol. I ordered the same thing I used to have so that it replaces the one I lost to the accident in November. Only thing I changed was adding the recon package that regears and provides a higher lift and 35ā€™s. Hydro blue

Jim1964

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR
I wish you luck in extracting any accurate information from Jeep. My story was similar; in March I got fed up with the lies and misinformation and found a Jeep to buy from dealer inventory elsewhere. Two months later and thereā€™s still no updates or build information on the one I ordered.

Unfortunately sympathy is all I can offer. Hopefully someone here has a connection to get you some info.

Bmmoura

First Name
Brenda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLU Sport Altitude
The system hack was only for the shipping system and lasted from approx April 14th thru May 4th. It's been back online since then. Your dealer should be able to see everything for status no problem once it's shipped. Looks like you're still waiting for build tho :( Would suggest you ask how long it's been in that status next time you contact JC. I was previously told by JC that it's usually D1 for approx max of 30 days. Mine was about 25 days in D1 before it was built, flew through inspections and took another 3.5 weeks to get to my dealer. I was a November order and I just picked it up on Monday. There is hope...and like they all say, totally worth the wait as frustrating as it is! Hang in there!

Sponsored

SQTowelie

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
waiting on Jeep Rubicon 4xe by 6/10
I'd say if you are in D1 then you should have your Build Sheet in Crypto this month.

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 2D, with extra guacamole
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time
I placed my order for a 2022 JL Rubicon through my local Jeep dealer on approximately the same day...within one or two days. Picked mine up mid-March. I'm guessing the answer to your question lies in the differences between your JLUR and my JLR.

KevinC11

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Willys, 2023 JT Mojave
Occupation
Gunsmith/EMT
If you wear New Balance shoes, FTL extended leg briefs or Levi's, you order will be delayed an additional 4 months.

Seriously, there is no reason why some orders are held up. There is no reason why some orders arrive in 3 weeks and their build is exactly like the ones that take 16 weeks. You are going to stress yourself out trying to find answers. I'm sorry for your troubles.

KevinC

SoCalRider9

First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Freedom '23
I ordered a Rubicon fully loaded with one touch and the recon package. Pretty much checked every box but the smoker package lol. I ordered the same thing I used to have so that it replaces the one I lost to the accident in November. Only thing I changed was adding the recon package that regears and provides a higher lift and 35ā€™s. Hydro blue
That may very well be why my friend, the SOT alone is known to cause a delay in the process, add on the XR package and you are heavily delayed. At least that's what I've learned the past month speaking to various dealers now that I'm also custom ordering. I'm surprised the team you were working with didn't give you a heads up on that.

laroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 4xe
Call your salesman. If you're D1, the dealer should be able to give you a build date.

Sponsored

boomersooner

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Unlimited Rubicon (On Order)
I have the same order less the one touch. I ordered 12/21 and no word on when it will be complete. It's the recon package that is holding things up. My dealer asked me if I wanted to remove it so I could get it delivered quicker. I told her I would continue to wait.

bjm00se

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 6sp ordered 11/3/21, picked up 8/30/22
You're in good company.

With too much time on my hands since I can't go out Jeeping, I've done some analysis on data available.

About 32,500 orders placed in December. (me too.)

Of those, about 29,100 have at least started (probably completed) their build. Roughly 90% !

(Those of us that remain are the few, the desperate, the haunted. But I digress)

Of the remaining 3400, over the last two weeks, they built about 800.

At that rate, if nothing changes, they'll finish all the last remaining December orders first week of July.

This late in the build year, parts availability being what it is, a few owners report Jeep reaching out to them to say their builds can't be completed as ordered, and they can either convert to a '23 order, or change the order. So far, the only reported configuration on Jlwrangler forums that we've heard specifically called out is 392 Rubicon with Extreme Recon 35" tire package.

We also know that Jeep is no longer accepting any orders for '22 Rubicons with any V6 or V8 engine - only 2.0 Turbo and ecoDiesel.

Beyond that, sorry, it's all tea leaves. Your dealer can tell you if you're in D or D1 (based on the amount of time that's passed, it sounds like you were in D1 and reverted back to D, but I'm just guessing.)

I recommend putting the number of Jeep customer service into your phone, so that if lightning strikes and they do call you, you can pick up. If someone calls, and leaves a message, you won't be able to call them back. Their number might be: (800) 992-1997

(DO NOT take my word for this - google it yourself to verify. You should do this *anytime* someone gives you a random phone number on some Interwebz Forumz)

The best solution was suggested by someone else on these forums: get yourself a nice half-gallon of chocolate ice cream.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/22-wrangler-order-date-vin-and-actua l-deliveries.83840/post-1944009

22RubiPA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR
Nearly 7 months and I still donā€™t have my Jeep! It was built over a month ago. According to the latest estimated delivery date, it will take 2 months to go 500 miles. What a screwed up mess!šŸ¤¬

Hunnieshadow

First Name
Amanda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Q8, 2019 HD Fat Boy, 2022 JL Rubicon on order
Nearly 7 months and I still donā€™t have my Jeep! It was built over a month ago. According to the latest estimated delivery date, it will take 2 months to go 500 miles. What a screwed up mess!šŸ¤¬
Wow!! It took 18 days to ship my car from Oahu, Hawaii to Edison, NJā€¦.although it was estimated to take 50 days.

I really hope your Jeep wonā€™t take that long šŸ˜¢

22RubiPA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR
Thanks. Itā€™s been an extremely frustrating process. Never expected it to take this long. The dealer estimated a mid February delivery. That would have been a reasonable 14 weeks.
Sponsored