Sponsored

Ordered 2022 JLU in December 2021 and still waiting in D1 status. WT actual F? Please help?

JABCAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 GC High Altitude 4x4, '22 JLU on order
Occupation
College Professor
First, yes the waiting sucks. My order was accepted 11/13 and no movement until this week. Second, you have to understand that you are not the customer, and that Jeep customer service is providing any info at all is a bonus. Your dealership is the customer, they are the one purchasing the vehicle from Stallantis. They will then re-sell the vehicle to you after they pay for it. So, your communication should really be with them as they are in the position to get more informative status updates than you are.

All that being said, some orders are taking well longer than usual while others are entering production very quickly. It's completely out of your, or my, control so no point in stressing about it.
Sponsored

OP
OP
MadHatter

MadHatter

First Name
Heather
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon o|||||||o
Hey everyone, sorry for the lengthy post....hoping the really smart and resourceful folks in this forum can help advise on the issue I am having with my 2022 JLU order. Thank you in advance for your feedback!

Below I will list the timeline of events from the date I placed my order until now, almost mid-May 2022:

December 22, 2021: I placed my order for a 2022 JLU Rubicon through my local Jeep dealer in Raleigh, NC.

January 31, 2022: I received an email confirmation from [email protected], it provided the estimated delivery date (March 8, 2022) and the VIN number for my new Jeep.

March 8, 2022: The estimated delivery date came and went, and no Jeep was delivered to the dealership. So I called my salesperson and he told me it was still in "schedule" status. (womp womp)

March 12, 2022: I called Jeep Customer Service to find out what was going on. The representative said it was still in "Schedule" status and that since so much time had passed since I placed the order, they were going to escalate my request for a status update by opening a "case" that would be assigned to a caseworker, called a "Jeep Brand Mentor". This caseworker would be able to contact the Jeep plant in Ohio to get a status update and find out why there is a delay. I was given a case number for tracking purposes and told someone would call me back within 24-48 hours, but I never received a callback.

April 2022: I called Jeep Customer Service again. The rep stated my order had moved to D1 status, but since their system was "down" they could not provide any other updates.

May 3, 2022: I called Jeep Customer Service again. The rep stated my order was still in D1 status and confirmed that all parts are accounted for, but they can not tell me why they have not started the build yet. Their system was "still down" and they could not provide any other updates. They opened a new, second case, with a new caseworker and told me that they would call the plant and provide an update to me within 24-48 hours. This time I received an email confirming that a case had been opened and listed the case number, the Brand Mentors name, phone number, and extension. (Yay! Maybe we're finally getting somewhere?!. Nope, not so fast...)

May 5, 2022: I replied to the email from the caseworker, requesting an update on my order status. No response.

May 6, 2022: I called Jeep Customer Service again. Still in D1 status, and my caseworker (Jeep Brand Mentor) was unavailable. The rep told me that they would ask the caseworker to call me back later that day. By that evening, I texted my salesperson for an update and he stated that the Jeep order status system had been hacked and they were having issues accessing this information at the local dealership level too.

May 11, 2022: I called Jeep Customer Service again. Still in D1 status, and my caseworker was unavailable again. The rep told me that they'd have the caseworker reach out to me with an update tomorrow.

I am trying so hard to be patient and it just boggles my mind that in 2022, a corporation the size of Jeep doesn't have an automated tracking system where customers can track this in real-time. 🤯

I know this is totally a first-world problem, but my frustration levels are high. I used to take my Jeep to the trails or to the beach on the weekends. This is the second Jeep I have ordered since the pandemic began. My first one was a 2021 JLU, ordered in mid-October 2020 and I received it by December 3, 2020 (Not a bad turnaround time!) But then someone rear-ended me going about 60 mph as I was stopped in traffic on a highway in late-November 2021. That Jeep was totaled but we are all alive. As soon as I got the check from my insurance company, I placed the order to replace my other one. The order for the 2022 JLU was placed in December 2021 ....and I am still waiting... still without a car.

I have a paper trail, I have the VIN # and the VON #, so I know the order has been placed.

So that is why I turned to the Jeep forum tonight for any insight and/or help possible. So far, my forum search provided the following clues/tools:

I feel like I have sufficiently gone down the Jeep order tracking rabbit hole with no way to get an actual update. Can anyone advise or help? Thanks!
I FINALLY got it yesterday! 🤩 And I love it so much, the wait was awful but so worth it in the end ❤

1F22F1C8-F445-492F-94DA-3A1DD3E40C82.jpeg

4104B1BD-A722-4373-8BB9-28C425045C2F.jpeg

Sanchese

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021Rubicon, 2022 Rubicon Xtreme Recon on Order
Congrats!
I ordered my jeep rubicon with XR package jan 15/22.
Dealer told me it that it would be ready for the end of July.
My other jeep Rubicon 2021 was stolen mar.21/22 in a mall.
It is a real bummer to have a jeep to no jeep.

Jpete

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR;
I FINALLY got it yesterday! 🤩 And I love it so much, the wait was awful but so worth it in the end ❤

Jeep Wrangler JL Ordered 2022 JLU in December 2021 and still waiting in D1 status.  WT actual F? Please help? 4104B1BD-A722-4373-8BB9-28C425045C2F

Jeep Wrangler JL Ordered 2022 JLU in December 2021 and still waiting in D1 status.  WT actual F? Please help? 4104B1BD-A722-4373-8BB9-28C425045C2F
Congrats! This looks like what I’m waiting on since December! Glad to see you get yours.
Sponsored